going to Italy, need hair advice

goldenage

Hey Ladies,

I will be going to Italy at the end of august for vacation. I really don't want to have to fool with my hair because we will be in the heat, walking around etc....so, I was thinking about getting some cute cornrows...but I'm not sure if they'll look good on me and I still want to look feminine (sometimes cornrows on my don't look feminine enough)...anyways, what do you guys do for hair styling options when you're on vacation and don't want to fool with your hair?? Any suggestions??

Thanks!

HoneyDew

I vacationed in Italy (Rome Pisa and Florence) in August and wore braids. Individual ones. But, it got hot. I could put them up if I needed to, though.

But, I think braids can be good for most vacations.

RabiaElaine

HoneyDew said:
I vacationed in Italy (Rome Pisa and Florence) in August and wore braids. Individual ones. But, it got hot. I could put them up if I needed to, though.

But, I think braids can be good for most vacations.

I agree with Honey (as always) braids are the easiest thing to do. I lived in Italy for a semester in college. I wore braids (individuals) for the first 3 months I was there. It was very easy to deal with my hair this way (just remember to moisturize). If you want to do cornrows get them small (not micro though, IMO) and in a style of some sort (not straight back), they should look feminine this way. You can also curl the ends to make it look even more pretty.

Have fun on your vacation!!!! If you need any advice on what to see and where to shop in Florence, PM me, I lived there.

goldenage

I don't know when you guys went...but like I said i will be going late august into early september....was it really that hot??

ETA: Thanks for your replies...and Honeydew...great picture!

HoneyDew

I went in early August and it did get really hot. But, I think they were having a heat wave or something.

The evenings were WONDERFUL, though. Girl, I had so much fun there. You are going to love it!!

Which city (cities) are you visiting?

bri123

My husband and I went to Italy last year and I did conditioner washes but we were only there for 11 days. The water there made my hair really soft. I kept my hair up in a bun. I hope that helps!

I agree with HoneyDew you are going to love it there. The food is to die for.
What cities are you going to visit.

My husband and I went to Rome, Florence, Pisa, Sienna, Venice, and Milan

bri123

Last edited:

HoneyDew

bri123 said:
My husband and I went to Italy last year and I did conditioner washes but we were only there for 11 days. The water there made my hair really soft. I kept my hair up in a bun. I hope that helps!

I agree with HoneyDew you are going to love it there. The food is to die for.
What cities are you going to visit.

My husband and I went to Rome, Florence, Pisa, Sienna, Venice, and Milan

bri123

You are right about the water there. I have problems with my skin here and when I was in italy, I could not believe how well my skin did!! It was glowing.

Tashique

Hey Goldenage

I was in Italy last Thursday - Sunday and let me tell you braids or a easy no fuss hairstyle is the best way to go.

I go 3 times a year and every summer I go it is always very hot/humid

It was 110 degrees and the last thing you need to be doing is your hair.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I lived in Florence for a summer semester in college. I also did individual braids, and just used the Better Braids Shampoo and Leave-In. It gets hot in august, but putting them up helps. I don't know how easily you can put the braids up with cornrows though.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I went to Italy in august and it was REALLY hot. I had my hair in corn rows and it was no fuss the whole trip.

goldenage

HoneyDew said:
I went in early August and it did get really hot. But, I think they were having a heat wave or something.

The evenings were WONDERFUL, though. Girl, I had so much fun there. You are going to love it!!

Which city (cities) are you visiting?

I'll be visiting Venice, Florence, and Rome....I am so excited just by the way you are talking about it...I can't wait!

goldenage

Thanks ladies for being so helpful...you are right, I don't want to have to deal with my hair in the all that heat...but I do want to look cute for the TONS of pictures I'll be taking (and for any cute Italian men ;))....so I'm going to try to do some cute cornrows and call it a day, I'll find some nice big hoops and I should be fine....Thanks for all your help and I'll let ya'll know how it goes. If any of you are from the Dallas area and know of anyone who does cute cornrows let me know....I already posted in the salon forum...but haven't gotten too many responses.

HoneyDew

goldenage said:
Thanks ladies for being so helpful...you are right, I don't want to have to deal with my hair in the all that heat...but I do want to look cute for the TONS of pictures I'll be taking (and for any cute Italian men ;))....so I'm going to try to do some cute cornrows and call it a day, I'll find some nice big hoops and I should be fine....Thanks for all your help and I'll let ya'll know how it goes. If any of you are from the Dallas area and know of anyone who does cute cornrows let me know....I already posted in the salon forum...but haven't gotten too many responses.

And girl there are plenty of those! Don't ask how I ended up zooming past the Colosseum in Rome comfortably on the back of one of those scooters with a guy named Giovanni one beautiful moonlit night. :wasntme: :sekret:

Glitter

:trampolin this is very OT but you all got me all excited because i was thinking about going to Rome to study there for a semester. Now I know I want to go and hopefully my hair will be in order by then (2 years post BC? it better be!) Thanks ladies!!!