Need info re: Hair for braiding

Ebony

Hi Ladies. I wondered if anyone could offer advice on finding hair for cornrows that won't damage my own. I do pay top dollar for my weave hair and am experienced with that, but I don't want to pay as much for hair that will be used for cornrows and have no knowledge of adding hair to braids. My hair is 3c/4a, thin-med and I'm very gentle with it. Any suggestions from experience regarding a particular hair brand? Should I use human or synthetic and what's the difference when it comes to cornrows? Will I have to prep the hair before it is used? Thanks in advance-I really appreciate all responses.

Hi,

I also use top notch hair for my weaves but sometimes it's not cost effective to use high end hair for braiding. I use this brand called NINA. They are located on 36th & 6th ave in NYC. They have an array of textures and colours and most of their hair is human but of a lower grade then say "Adorables" but much better than the packet hair u get at your avg bss.

Call info to get the exact address and tel #. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that information. I am very grateful. Sounds just like what I've been looking for. I will check them out on thursday. i've actually been getting my weave hair from adorables for 5 yrs now and didn't want to pay their prices for braiding hair. LOL...what a small world indeed. Thanks again!

Back