Giovanni is the truth!!

Naijaqueen

Direct Leave in is wonderful!!! Used it after a CW last night, today, my 7 weeks post relaxer hair is soooooo soft. I feel like I did again when my hair was just relaxed. This is a keeper, Salerm never did me like this :D

I am going to have to pull this out of my stash, I have not used the Giovanni in a longtime! As a matter of fact, I will use it after I wash and conditioner my hair tonight.

LilChocolateMa said:
I feel you 150%! I just ordered Lacio Lacio and I am really nervous that I won't love it like I love Giovanni's...

Girl you're becoming a big time PJ, seems like u took ur makeup addiction elsewhere :D

I've heard great reviews on their leave-in. :yep: I will def have to pick this up. Salerm 21 worked great on my relaxed hair, but eve since I became natural it does nothing for me. :confused:

You are correct Giovanni Direct is the Truth!
I use it in my hair to airdry in a ponytail. I also use it on my ends for my baggie method.

Oh yeah the gel is great also!

I agree- Giovanni is the best leave in I have tried. I like it even better than NTM silk touch.

lkg4healthyhair said:
You are correct Giovanni Direct is the Truth!
I use it in my hair to airdry in a ponytail. I also use it on my ends for my baggie method.

Oh yeah the gel is great also!

Ohhhh damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !
I've been tempted to buy this tooo lately!

Britt said:
Ohhhh damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !
I've been tempted to buy this tooo lately!

If you get it from Whole Foods they have them in sample size (I got them for my travel bag). It is about $1.99 so you can try it out.

lkg4healthyhair said:
If you get it from Whole Foods they have them in sample size (I got them for my travel bag). It is about $1.99 so you can try it out.

Thanks!
There is a Whole Foods very close to my job so I will try there, in thier cosmetic section right?

lkg4healthyhair said:

Is Whole Foods the only place to buy this? I'd love to pick it up but I don't have a Whole Foods near me (if anyone in NYC knows of one, please tell). Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like? I could have been passing this wonderful product in the aisle of my BSS..lol!

Honey6928215 said:
Is Direct Leave-In the only product that's good from Giovanni? What about their shampoo?

the shampoo isn't so hot (doesn't give slip) and it reminds me of aubrey organic shampoos. i think i'm going to mix the shampoo and conditioner together and see what that does for me.

side note- actually the smooth as silk conditioner has the EXACT same ingredients as the leave in with the exception of an ingredient that starts with 's'. the name eludes me now...the ingredients are even in the same order.

I hated this stuff, it made my hair stiff and hair.

Just goes to show you all the stuff raved about doesn't work for everybody.

One of the hits I did get from here was the biolage hydrating shampoo, which is fantasic and is my def. staple

Happy hair growing

karmelsassy said:
Is Whole Foods the only place to buy this? I'd love to pick it up but I don't have a Whole Foods near me (if anyone in NYC knows of one, please tell). Does anyone have a pic of what it looks like? I could have been passing this wonderful product in the aisle of my BSS..lol!

The closest Whole Foods was a lil far from me, so I just looked up the Organic Food stores around, and one had it in stock. Call a couple, I'm sure they've have them

Plenty706 said:

One of the hits I did get from here was the biolage hydrating shampoo, which is fantasic and is my def. staple

Happy hair growing

you know something? i got the same experience when i air-dried with this leave-in (the only way i've used it) but when i combed my hair i was totally satisfied with the results....smooth, soft, silky, ultra moisterized hair!

maybe you could give it another spin?

Naijaqueen said:
The closest Whole Foods was a lil far from me, so I just looked up the Organic Food stores around, and one had it in stock. Call a couple, I'm sure they've have them

Thanks!!! I'm going to try finding it now.

karmelsassy said:

You can order from the Vitaminshoppe. I saw that they sell their products.

LOL at Naijaqueen! I know, I know. But it was finally in stock and I don't have much 10 en 1, so i figured I'd buy some silicon mix to try and might as well get the lacio lacio since it was in stock! If these two items don't work out for me, I'll be sticking to the regimine I have been doing for the past few weeks for a looooong while! 10 en 1 and giovanni's is a CRUCIAL team, I will never give up on them!

Karamelsassy, I think you can buy Giovanni's from any vitamin store, I got mine from the Vitamin Shoppe. I know y'all have plenty of those in NYC!

karmelsassy said:

karmelsassy said:

Nope...you can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe
http://vitaminshoppe.com/search/query.jhtml;$sessionid$42P0FWODU3XT0CQUAOWSFEQKCQB1AGXK?q=giovanni&intsource=main&x=12&y=16

www.Hairboutique.com but you will have to pay for shipping
http://mp.hairboutique.com/search.asp?Action=search&Keywords=giovanni

There are other natural stores or web sites as well.

LilChocolateMa said:
LOL at Naijaqueen! I know, I know. But it was finally in stock and I don't have much 10 en 1, so i figured I'd buy some silicon mix to try and might as well get the lacio lacio since it was in stock! If these two items don't work out for me, I'll be sticking to the regimine I have been doing for the past few weeks for a looooong while! 10 en 1 and giovanni's is a CRUCIAL team, I will never give up on them!

Karamelsassy, I think you can buy Giovanni's from any vitamin store, I got mine from the Vitamin Shoppe. I know y'all have plenty of those in NYC!

I just found a Vitamin Shoppe about 2 blocks away from my job. I'm on my way there after work!!! :woot:

Girrrrrrrrl I wish I would have known about the travel size 15 minutes ago, just left whole foods and was skeptical about buying another product my hair wouldn't agree with. Hmmmmmmm I think I better run in there tomorrow.:grin: Has anyone used it on relaxed hair??
lkg4healthyhair said:

foxybrownsugar said:
Does anyone know if they have a creamy leave in? I have seen alot of raves on this product here and other sites.

When most people say "giovanni" they are referring to the Direct Leave-in, which is a creamy leave-in. They also have a liquid one called Vitapro Fusion which is basically the same as Direct except it's liquid and it has a heat protectant in it (PVP)

Plenty706 said:

I've experienced that too, but only when I use too much. It'll clump the hair together a little. But if you only use a little, it's amazing.

BlackCardinal said:
When most people say "giovanni" they are referring to the Direct Leave-in, which is a creamy leave-in. They also have a liquid one called Vitapro Fusion which is basically the same as Direct except it's liquid and it has a heat protectant in it (PVP)
oh thanx for the clarification, i love creamy leave ins. :)

Plenty706 said:

Happy hair growing

This was my experience also. It felt great when I put it in, but when my hair was air-dried, it was very stiff. I'm jealous of all the people that are having good results with it. :)

Back