giovanni direct leave in. hair feels greasy

trulyurangel82

So my giovanni direct leave in came in last week. I used it before but I have been using dove mist because it was cheaper. Its lighter but i felt giovanni was more moisturizing so i decided to go back to giovanni.

Well I washed and deep conditioned my hair today. I used giovanni and then sealed it with garnier sleek n shine serum.

I blow dried it on low and my hair just felt disgusting:ohwell:. It felt so greasy and kind of dry.

Maybe its because i used the garnier sleek n shine with it?
My hair is fine by the way so maybe that wasnt a good idea using that with the leave in.

To top it off my hair is pretty much kinda underprocessed and hard to comb out in the back. I just relaxed it last weekened. I used my fingers. The last time I did it I used a toothbrush and it came out better.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

:eek: I never found this product to be greasy at all. I think it might be your serum instead. The Giovanni Direct just had nver been greasy to me.

trulyurangel82

Do you use a dime amount and serum with it?

my hair feels nasty lol. I almost feel like washing it again but thats not a good idea since i shouldnt manipulate my hair too much since its underprocessed in the back.

HoneyDew said:
:eek: I never found this product to be greasy at all. I think it might be your serum instead. The Giovanni Direct just had nver been greasy to me.

Tee

Giovanni Direct has never been greasy for me. (It actually pretty light) I had to be the serum you used.

trulyurangel82

yeah i think you are right. it felt light when i put it on so i dont know why my hair came out greasy.

Letitia said:
Giovanni Direct has never been greasy for me. (It actually pretty light) I had to be the serum you used.

Isis

Did you say you used it as a deep conditioner or did you use something else?

I recently start using Giovanni Direct Leave-in, after deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner (Humectin) and it works very well, not greasy at all. I make sure I use just a little.

Also, IMO, when I feel my hair doesn't look right (for whatever reason), I go ahead and re-wash and condition my hair. To me, it's most important to feel good about my hair and how it's looking rather than tolerate it until enough time has passed to re-wash. It may be a little more manipulation but feeling good is more important to me and my hair's well-being.:)

trulyurangel82

Nope. I just used aubreys organics gpb conditioner and a mixture of bert bees tea tree conditioner for deep conditioning. Then I washed it out and used the giovanni leave in and sealed it with garnier sleek n shine serum.

yeah you are right about wanting your hair to feel good. I will probably wash it again tuesday just so it feels better because right now it feels dry. I think i shouldnt seal it with any serums.

Isis said:
Did you say you used it as a deep conditioner or did you use something else?

I recently start using Giovanni Direct Leave-in, after deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner (Humectin) and it works very well, not greasy at all. I make sure I use just a little.

Also, IMO, when I feel my hair doesn't look right (for whatever reason), I go ahead and re-wash and condition my hair. To me, it's most important to feel good about my hair and how it's looking rather than tolerate it until enough time has passed to re-wash. It may be a little more manipulation but feeling good is more important to me and my hair's well-being.:)

Britt

Letitia said:

Yeah, it has to be the serum b/c the product is far from "greasy" ...

Divine Inspiration

I agree with the other ladies. I have NEVER known GD to be greasy in the least. I don't find it heavy either so you may have used to much. You also may not have rinsed the DC well enough. Just something to consider.

Giovanni Direct can leave your hair with a greasy feeling if you use too much. I did that with a rollerset one time and my hair felt yucky :mad: . I did add a little Fantasia IC hair polish with it. Maybe it was a combination of them both :ohwell: . I just knew not to do that again.

trulyurangel82

yeah i think i used too much. i kinda get heavy with leave in conditioners that arent sprays :lol: thats why i switched to dove mist. But i liked before how giovanni made my hair moisturized so I decided to try it again. prob a trial and error thing this time.

I should probably only use a dime amount and not use a serum with it.

Cutiepie7691 said:
Giovanni Direct can leave your hair with a greasy feeling if you use too much. I did that with a rollerset one time and my hair felt yucky :mad: . I did add a little Fantasia IC hair polish with it. Maybe it was a combination of them both :ohwell: . I just knew not to do that again.

trulyurangel82 said:
yeah i think i used too much. i kinda get heavy with leave in conditioners that arent sprays :lol: thats why i switched to dove mist. But i liked before how giovanni made my hair moisturized so I decided to try it again. prob a trial and error thing this time.

I should probably only use a dime amount and not use a serum with it.

Yeah I'm heavy handed too, so I know what you mean. But you should try it without the serum and see how it goes. Let us know. I've kinda put mine aside for the moment. I get disappointed when my rollersets don't come out nice. If it works for you with a small amount and by itself, I'll try it again.

Isis

The very first time I used it, I was a little heavy-handed also. It was because how thick and creamy it is, just like my conditioner (which I use a lot of!).:lol: My hair still looked good though and didn't feel greasy. Since then, I use just a little (of any leave-in) and mostly water, for better rollersets.:)

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
If you use it on dry hair it can coat it a lil, but that shouldnt happen on wet or damp hair. Giovanni direct doesnt always mix well with other products tho.