Giovanni Direct :(

Bees

I heard all these raves about Giovanni Direct Leave In so I thought I would try it. I was expecting some miracle conditioner to leave my hair soft and silky. NOT! It left my hair coated in a sticky dull mess! I thought maybe I used to much...so I cut down on the amount the 2nd time...still the same result! Yesterday I tried about a dime sized amount and still my hair is sticky and dull. So much for Giovanni Direct! But it did soften my hair. The PJ in me is telling me to try something else! Any suggestions?

Bees said:
I heard all these raves about Giovanni Direct Leave In so I thought I would try it. I was expecting some miracle conditioner to leave my hair soft and silky. NOT! It left my hair coated in a sticky dull mess! I thought maybe I used to much...so I cut down on the amount the 2nd time...still the same result! Yesterday I tried about a dime sized amount and still my hair is sticky and dull. So much for Giovanni Direct! But it did soften my hair. The PJ in me is telling me to try something else! Any suggestions?

As a natural, I love this stuff. I have noticed that my hair has to be only squeezed out from after a wash. Then I add only a dime size amt of the direct leave-in. My hair is really soft when it dries. I haven't really had any issue. I do know that if I use too much, my hair gets hard

I agree... when you use too much of it...or use it with too many other products
it does leave your hair sticky and coated.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Next time try using just a little. I, like Ajargon use probably a dime to nickle size amount.

I agree that clarifying may be necessary b/c Direct is not sticky or thick at all; in fact, it's one of the lightest leave-ins I've ever used, and I definitely co-sign on using it on wet hair. I can NOT use this product on dry hair. My hair has to be sopping and it has to be the first thing I put on my hair in order to get the soft, shiny look.

HTH

{DI}

Bees said:
me too, I use NTM leave-in now

I've used Giovanni Direct too because of the raves but I am not impressed with it at all. It didn't leave my hair sticky or dull but it does nothing for it. I do like the Giovanni 50:50 remoisturizing conditioner.

MzTami said:
I've used Giovanni Direct too because of the raves but I am not impressed with it at all. It didn't leave my hair sticky or dull but it does nothing for it. I do like the Giovanni 50:50 remoisturizing conditioner.

I've had the same experience using Giovanni Direct. Didn't do anything for my hair. :down: But I do like the Triple Treat Tea Tree Shampoo........great for clarifying. :up:

Doesn't do anything for me neither, no moisture nor slip

No go for me as well. It left my hair coated. Adding an oil helped but I really didn't like it either.

If the GD doesn't work out for you, here are some suggestions. The Soultanical leave ins and detanglers work well. Kinky curly knot today has slip and moisturizes well. The older Shea moisture leave ins-coconut hibiscus leave in and the one for fine thin hair are pretty good. Also the Koils by nature leave in with argan oil has a lot of slip and is moisturizing.

Last edited:
Clarify and try Tresemme Undone. Leave it in for 30 minutes under a plastic cap. It melts away tangles. Tip: Don't wash this conditioner completely out of your hair. Leave just a little in.

Try it before they discontinue it. You know how they do once we start loving a hair product.

I would recommend staying away from products with Silicone. Silicone makes my hair stick together.

When I wash my hair with a non silicone shampoo, I immediately apply the Tresemme Undone Condition and let it sit for 30 minutes (again under a plastic conditioning bag). I have avoided tangles, knots and major trims because of this.

I surely hope this helps.

Back