GARLIC IS A MIRACLE WORKER!!!

NappturalWomyn

I crush two cloves a day and just chug it down with honey. I never thought of using crushed garlic on my head. I'll have to give that a try.

SundaiMorn

Yippee :grin:...I found the Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo at my local BSS for $3.99. I was about to order Alter Ego online but I would rather find something locally. Hopefully it will work, if not than I am going to order the Alter Ego. I will come back with results.

oldcrayons

Ladies please do not sleep on Garlic to curb breakage or shedding.

I would say my hair is relatively healthy but I do experience breakage and shedding, despite trying to balance my moisture and protein treatments.

Last weekend, I prepooed with crushed garlic, egg and alma oil... since then up until now I have not had 1 broken hair. I detangle my hair yesterday with a detangling comb then a fine tooth comb and had about 15 shedded hairs only.

I know its down to the garlic because I tried it before and had the same results, the smell just put me off it. I think now I will use garlic in my chosen pre poo EVERY week. Hopefully with this, I will be able to reach my goals quicker and retain more length :spinning: :drunk: :yep:

Too smelly.

divya

I believe it! Garlic is excellent for us period! Glad for you and your results...

Healthb4Length

I bake a clove of garlic for 10-15 minutes in the oven. This makes them so and have a paste like consistency. I've been whipping it with eggs and a cheapie conditioner and deep treating. THis has DRASTICALLY reduced my shedding issues! BTW baked garlic tastes yummy, it's sweet! I just make sure I'm by myself when I eat it!

ImaBoss

I bake a clove of garlic for 10-15 minutes in the oven. This makes them so and have a paste like consistency. I've been whipping it with eggs and a cheapie conditioner and deep treating. THis has DRASTICALLY reduced my shedding issues! BTW baked garlic tastes yummy, it's sweet! I just make sure I'm by myself when I eat it!

Does your hair retain the smell long after you deep condition?

soonergirl

ok I am going back to taking my garlic supplements!!! I take a supp that I got at whole foods that has about 6,000 mg of allcin in it.. Allcin (sp?) is the good stuff in garlic...

NappturalWomyn

I use a garlic press and crush up two small cloves or one really large clove then take some raw honey and just chug it down.
I don't give off a garlic related funk or anything because I try to eat the right things at all times anyway.
They sell cheap garlic presses at Target, btw.

As a homeopathic health point, for anyone that is interested, the allicin is released from the garlic when crushed.

Whole cloves chugged won't do anything.

If you are taking garlic pills, check your supplement label.

Here are some of the benefits of raw crushed garlic. However, you can cook it as well, and get these effects.

I will alternate between raw and cooked, as not to offend the whole planet with my breath. :lachen:

Health benefits of raw garlic:
(1) a powerful immune system enhancer. Eat two to three cloves of raw garlic the first sign of a cold.
(2) helps lower blood pressure.
(3) helps reduce high cholesterol.
(4) helps reduce plaque within the arterial system. One recent study shows this effect to be greater in women than men.
(5) helps to regulate blood sugar.
(6) helps to prevent blood clots from forming, thus reducing the possibility of strokes. reduce platelet clumping and clotting (thus reducing strokes)
(7) dramatically reduces bacterial infections.
(8) expels intestinal parasites & worms.
(9) is a potent natural antibiotic and, while far less strong than modern antibiotics, can still kill some strains of bacteria that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics.
(10) has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
(11) helps to prevent cancer, especially of the digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, and colon.
(12) has anti-oxidant properties and is a source of selenium.
(13) cures athletes foot. Rub crushed raw garlic on the affected area. Then cover or wrap the area leaving the pieces of raw garlic and oil enacted. Leave on overnight if possible. Repeat process until fungus is gone.
(14) helps to remove heavy metals, such as lead and mercury from the body.
(15) improves cardiovascular health.
(16) removes warts. Crush a clove of garlic, apply to wart, tape in place for 24 hours. The wart may blister and fall off in a week.
(17) heals boils & infected sores including cold sores.
Oh and one more. Sulfur for hair...

Last edited: