Fro under 2week cornrows slippage or growth?

Miel

I JUST got my hair braided about 2 weeks ago (sorta like the pic in my avatar). During the same length of time I've started on 10mg of super biotin, 2000 mg of PP MSM, Nature's Bounty hair, skin & nail (which has an additional 3mg of biotin, and a Centrum complete (spongebob LOL). Also my product reggie of braid spray mixed with BT daily full head heavy mist, straight BT on my crown (bad breakage trying to fix it) and I have been babying my edges with Vitamin world MSM cream.

Now, after saying all that, I have noticed a small fro of new growth, maybe about 1/3 inch in that two weeks. I mean this things were TIIIIGHT to the point that people kept asking me if they hurt. Is this possible or am I looking at braid slippage?

Miel said:
I JUST got my hair braided about 2 weeks ago (sorta like the pic in my avatar). During the same length of time I've started on 10mg of super biotin, 2000 mg of PP MSM, Nature's Bounty hair, skin & nail (which has an additional 3mg of biotin, and a Centrum complete (spongebob LOL). Also my product reggie of braid spray mixed with BT daily full head heavy mist, straight BT on my crown (bad breakage trying to fix it) and I have been babying my edges with Vitamin world MSM cream.

Now, after saying all that, I have noticed a small fro of new growth, maybe about 1/3 inch in that two weeks. I mean this things were TIIIIGHT to the point that people kept asking me if they hurt. Is this possible or am I looking at braid slippage?

It's possible, I think. Doesn't hair grow an average of 1/2 inch an month? You'd be right below that in half the time. :look: :confused:

Miel said:

Girl I bet u it is the BT!!!!

Every single time I think I've gotten crazy growth while braided it turned out to be slippage. :ohwell:

sareca said:
Every single time I think I've gotten crazy growth while braided it turned out to be slippage. :ohwell:

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for keeping me grounded :)

Miel said:
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for keeping me grounded :)

I've never had slippage with cornrows. Braids, especially human hair braids would slip but never cornrows because there was never any weight pulling on them. maybe if you have your cornrows hanging down but I always bunned mine up.:look:

It could be growth. When I wear cornrows I usually get a fast growth while using my growth aids too.

I'll be wearing them for the next month or two, I'll have to post my results.

Miel said:
I JUST got my hair braided about 2 weeks ago

Honestly, with it just being 2 weeks, it is probably, like Sereca said, slippage. You are probably getting some growth with your aides but just being realisitc it's probably mostly slip. :ohwell:

I wear braids alot and I have to remind myself about slippage once I get a few months in.

I think it MAY be growth, you say you haven't washed it and to be honest I hardly get slippage in cornrows (as opposed to braids) unless they were loose to begin with so my guess would be mostly growth with a lil' slippage, congrats!

Back