Friendship In Distress

planodiva

Hi Ladies,

You all give me so much inspiration whenever I visit this forum that I know you can give me some insight into this situation. First and foremost I have been praying for about a month on my situation. Here goes the story---my friend and I have been friends for the past 11 years so when I decided to move out of my mom's house and she offered to let me stay at her apartment I thought it would be a good idea.

Well, everything was going fine until we both went out with a new guy friend she was seeing. Just showing him around cause he is new to the city So immediately after the date (maybe 2 days) she gets all funky with me about staying up too late one night with my family (because we were loud) I asked her to just drop it and that I understood where she was coming from.

Well she didn't let the issue go so I decided it was best for me to move back to my mom's house. Days later I receive a call from the "guy" and he is telling me how much he respects me and what a woman of character and intergrity I am. Then he proceeds to tell me that he told my friend these same thoughts and he recognizes I am the type of woman he wants and not her.

My spiritual concern is that I continue to pray for understanding and to know that at times God is the only friend you can count on 100% but I am conflicted in my soul that because of a man she decided she didn't need me as a friend anymore. And I know this is her issue and God is showing us both something but still my spirit woman is shaking and confused by this blantant nonsense.

andreab

Yes that is total nonsense bt you are handling right. Things like this happen and God shows you the true nature of a person.

cocoberry10

planodiva said:
Hi Ladies,

You all give me so much inspiration whenever I visit this forum that I know you can give me some insight into this situation. First and foremost I have been praying for about a month on my situation. Here goes the story---my friend and I have been friends for the past 11 years so when I decided to move out of my mom's house and she offered to let me stay at her apartment I thought it would be a good idea.

Well, everything was going fine until we both went out with a new guy friend she was seeing. Just showing him around cause he is new to the city So immediately after the date (maybe 2 days) she gets all funky with me about staying up too late one night with my family (because we were loud) I asked her to just drop it and that I understood where she was coming from.

Well she didn't let the issue go so I decided it was best for me to move back to my mom's house. Days later I receive a call from the "guy" and he is telling me how much he respects me and what a woman of character and intergrity I am. Then he proceeds to tell me that he told my friend these same thoughts and he recognizes I am the type of woman he wants and not her.

My spiritual concern is that I continue to pray for understanding and to know that at times God is the only friend you can count on 100% but I am conflicted in my soul that because of a man she decided she didn't need me as a friend anymore. And I know this is her issue and God is showing us both something but still my spirit woman is shaking and confused by this blantant nonsense.

Yes, you are handling it like a woman of the Lord. Don't allow your friend's insecurities to weigh you down. If she is your friend, and he is the man God wants you to be with, in time she will see that. Not only will she see it, but she will realize that the only person she should be in a relationship with, is someone who loves her.

mkh_77

Maybe her feelings are hurt, and she is not mature enough to express this to you in another way. If she was really your friend for 11 years, give her the chance to tell you in her own words how she really feels, and work from there. Maybe you will be able to save your friendship and lay things out on the table instead of repressing them. If she continues to be immature, well . . . at least you tried.

firecracker

Ok maybe I am crazy but how could two friends date the same guy anyways? Ya'll given him way too much power. This man could be in both your life for a season but you would be losing a friendship for life over a man.:eek: There are way too many men out there to go through drama with friend or date the same guy. I wouldn't care how strong the attraction etc he needs to be dropped not your friend.

planodiva

firecracker said:
Ok maybe I am crazy but how could two friends date the same guy anyways? Ya'll given him way too much power. This man could be in both your life for a season but you would be losing a friendship for life over a man.:eek: There are way too many men out there to go through drama with friend or date the same guy. I wouldn't care how strong the attraction etc he needs to be dropped not your friend.

No...no..we are not both dating him. She asked me to come along as he was a new gentlemen she was getting to know. But my heart has been layed to rest about this situation and I see an the even bigger picture that has nothing to do really with "him" but with how I need to leave this friendship regardless.

Thank you all for easing my mind.

firecracker

planodiva said:
No...no..we are not both dating him. She asked me to come along as he was a new gentlemen she was getting to know. But my heart has been layed to rest about this situation and I see an the even bigger picture that has nothing to do really with "him" but with how I need to leave this friendship regardless.

Thank you all for easing my mind.

:lol: Ok my bad. So sorry for misreading your situation/post. If your friend has a history of bad behavior that you feel isn't friendly by all means drop her like a hot potatoe.