Found the solution to my scalp itching

zailless

For the past couple of months it felt as if my scalp changed. It used to itch so badly that I had to avoid putting conditioner and moisturizers on my scalp. Or find some way to apply the moisturizer without touching my scalp. Today, i picked up a bottle of nizoral and ran home to wash my scalp, it was itching so badly that i just wanted to tear out the cornrows and dig. my scalp calmed down immediately. I left it on for 5 minutes. I was afraid to put the conditioner in my hair afterwards. I use mane and tail mixed with glycerine. the conditioner made it itchy a bit but it stopped after rinsing it out thoroughly. I had to stop using all other products like surge and organic root stimulator aloe shampoo. Does anyone know what is in hair products that can cause the scalp to itch?

Mystic

I don't know the answer to your question but..., maybe you should start cleansing your scalp every 4-6 weeks. That has helped tremendously with my itchy scalp. ORS has a scalp cleansing product that is very good.

locoabouthair

my stylist coated my hair w/ sea breeze then washes w/ paul mitchell tea tree.............I could immediately tell the difference!

Twisties

Could you be allergic to lanolin? That ingredient in hair products causes me to itch REALLY bad so I avoid it at all costs. If you have in extensions, it could be the hair too -- diffrent brands make me itch. I try not to get cornrows down on my scalp because I never know which brand the shop is using. Individuals work better since it doesn't touch my scalp.