For everyone that use aloe vera?

4mia

when making a moisturizer with aloe vera are you using 100% aloe vera juice or get? and i heard the raves about aloe vera and glycerin, but is there anyone else mixing it differently?
and finally are you relaxed or natural?

TIA

CenteredGirl

I have been using it as my leave in and during the week when my hair needs a little moisture. I seal with whatever (coconut, sunflower, kokum).

I am 100% natural and nothing beats the softness of Aloe Vera.

Soliel185

I'm texlaxed with relaxed ends and I do long stretches :yawn:

The Aloe Vera works equally well on all the textures, I think b/c it is a light protien it helps not only moisturize, but strengthen, which keeps the demarcation lines strong.

I use the dietary supplement, so I guess juice. I use Lily of the Desert 100% Aloe Vera Gelly. It looks like soft jello. I've never used the gel. I mix 1/3 Aloe Vera with 1/3 vegetable glycerine 4/12 filtered water and 2/12 Rosemary EO. I just started using the Rosemary, and sometimes I substitute Aphogee Green Tea for some of the water. I've been doing it for almost a year and I think it's the best moisturizer for me.

Lucky's Mom

I use the gel for homemade mixes ( from the food section at Whole Foods)

and use the Juice for leave in spritzes.

FABULOUS stuff....:drunk:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
the stuff at drug stores dried my hair out when it dries and when its wet it make my hair feel funny.That turned me off using aloe vera gel straight. if you are going to use it use the one you can eat

4mia

thanks ladies i just mixed some from a plant i have outside, it was soo gooy i didnt think it would work but i added glycerin and blended in the blender so now its frothy. Im hoping this ties me over until i get somewhere to get the jucie. Do you guys think gnc, walmart or walgreens have the juice and gel?

4mia

the stuff at drug stores dried my hair out when it dries and when its wet it make my hair feel funny.That turned me off using aloe vera gel straight. if you are going to use it use the one you can eat

thanks i just read your post i think ill try gnc

adw425

This is what I posted earlier in another thread: I use the food-grade AV, not the ones that say 100% from the drugstore as the food-grade gel and the juice/drink work better for me than the 100%, which dried my hair out when I used it in the past. The gel (dietary supplement) detangles like a dream and gives me great slip. I use the juice as a base for my moisturizing mist/spritz. I added filtered water, (tiny bit) orange oil, rosewater, a splash of castor and avocado oils and a tiny bit of Right On curl activator -- less than one percent. I use the Swanson's Health brand or the Puritan's Pride brand that I also take internally. I have used AV in my hair and on my scalp everyday since early January and it is a keeper.

4mia

thanks iadw425
i just saw your thread, and felt really dumb for not doing a search first. Thank you for everyone's responses i know what to do now.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Well when I was younger I found mixing the gooy in my DC from the actually plant leaves works MUCH better than anything you can buy that has aloe vera in it! The plant to have and use is the best thing to add to hair when DC that I may go back to using.

Sometimes homemade remedies are much better than just buying products!

Tylove101

Do you guys think gnc, walmart or walgreens have the juice and gel?
Walmart has Food Grade Aloe Vera juice... Vitamin Shoppe has both the food grade juice and gel. I just got some of the gel to try it out. Haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

~~HoneyComb~~

I'm natural, and I love the consistency of Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel at Walmart, it's not watery at all like Lily of the Desert.

wonderstar

thanks ladies i just mixed some from a plant i have outside, it was soo gooy i didnt think it would work but i added glycerin and blended in the blender so now its frothy. Im hoping this ties me over until i get somewhere to get the jucie. Do you guys think gnc, walmart or walgreens have the juice and gel?

Isn't it bitter?

naturalgurl

Using the plant is much better! I plan on getting a plant but for now I use the food grade aloe vera gel. I mix mine like this: 1/3 aloe, 1/3 glycerin and 1/3 orange blossom water. I spray this stuff ALLLLL of the time.

ETA~ I'm also 100% NATURAL BABY...YEAH!

SelfStyled

Quick ?

I just bought Lilly of The Valley Aloe juice and pland on adding it to conditioners, I would also like to use it in my spray.. On the jar it says the juice must be refrigerated after opening. If I add this to my spray, will it go bad if it's not rerigerated. Thanks!

carletta

So ...... is anyone using aloe vera juice (whole leaf) straight on their hair ??????

I have the lily of the desert from the vitamin shoppe.

LaVgirl

I use the kimmaytube leave-in recipe revised to suit me.
2 Tbsp of KCKT or whatever creamy conditioner I have on hand
2 Tbsp of aloe vera juice

and then I add whatever oils, depending on what my hair needs.

silenttullip

I use the a dollop of the gel, with water and rosewater.
Or I use the gel as a sealant and use diluted vo5 chamomile as a leave in moisturizer beforehand.