Flexi rods = No Sleep?

MissLawyerLady

Ladies who use flexi rods overnight, how are you putting them in your hair so that you can sleep at night?

Everytime I wear them to bed, I can't sleep well!!!! How do you use them?

Mook's hair

Flexi rods are actually the only type of rollers that I can sleep in.
How long/short is your hair? and how many rods are you using?
I usually try to manipulate them so that they're a little more comfortable to lay on, I try to scoop most of them onto the top of my head and then I tie on 2 scarves to hold them secure.

DanaDane

(I don't use flexirods, but i have slept with rollersets)--I tend to sleep on my stomach and side more anyway--but I if I really can't sleep, I tightly roll a bath towl up to contour to my neck so that when I sleep on the pillow, like say from the side, my head isn't buried in the pillow as much and I sleep better. Hope that makes sense and helps!

anon123

I couldn't manage to sleep in them, either. Then again, I had like 50 of them things on my head all fighting for a piece of hair.

blackbarbie

Whenever I use a flexi rod, I just one big jumbo one, scoop all my hair on the very top of my head and usually sleep on my side like normal. That one flexi rod gives me curls all over my entire head.

I can imagine that sleeping in several of them would be a headache. (literally)

BB

danimani

YES. Curlformers too. I LOVE the look of them both, but I most definitely need a sleeping pill the nights (like tonight!) that I have either curlformers or flexirods in. They are the most uncomfortable things you could ever imagine sleeping on.

lunabelle

I would wear them so much more often if I could sleep well. I don't sleep in the actual rollers but, it's hard to get good sleep and maintain the hairdo..

MissLawyerLady

Thanks ladies for the advice. My hair is currently APL so I may try to pull my hair up into a high pony and use one or two flexi rods that hopefully won't interfere with my sleep.

blackbarbie

Thanks ladies for the advice. My hair is currently APL so I may try to pull my hair up into a high pony and use one or two flexi rods that hopefully won't interfere with my sleep.

If you're doing this on dry hair, it will definitely work:yep: Just make sure you aren't using too small of a flexirod though. The style in my avatar was done with one jumbo flexirod after the initial curls were done with the flat iron. I am able to maintain that style for 2 weeks (with one flexirod nightly). Just make sure you moisturize well.

HTH

MissLawyerLady

If you're doing this on dry hair, it will definitely work:yep: Just make sure you aren't using too small of a flexirod though. The style in my avatar was done with one jumbo flexirod after the initial curls were done with the flat iron. I am able to maintain that style for 2 weeks (with one flexirod nightly). Just make sure you moisturize well.

HTH

Blackbarbie, thanks for the tip and I just have to say that your hair is soooo gorgeous!:notworthy

LaidBak

I love flexirods! I use 5 of the 7/8 inch ones each night on dry hair. I secure them with a scarf and then one of those old lady turbans on top of that. That way they lay flat and don't move all night. I feel no pressure on my scalp and I sleep just fine. The curls they give are fabulous! No heat and low manipulation too??? Aww shoot....BSL here I come!

PinkPebbles

The trick for me is to use flexi rods on the top of my hair. I don't place them on the sides or the nape area but instead do pin curls or bantu knots.