For naturals who use flexi-rods.....

MRJ1972

How do you achieve your best results?

Do you blow dry your hair then use the flexi-rods?

OR

Do you roll on wet hair?

Do you use any product on your hair?

I am 4b and would like to try flexi-rods on my weave install and leave out for a flawless blend.

Thanks!

Detroit2Dallas

^^^^ thank you! I never thought about this! I've tried flexirods on my wet hair and my hair ALWAYS ends up looking like a cheap jheri curl wig. I'm going to try it on dry hair and see if it makes a difference.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Subscribing because this is the next step for me. Just don't know how to use them yet. LOL

MRJ1972

^^^^ thank you! I never thought about this! I've tried flexirods on my wet hair and my hair ALWAYS ends up looking like a cheap jheri curl wig. I'm going to try it on dry hair and see if it makes a difference.

:lachen::lachen:

Thanks for the heads up!!!! I will NOT try this at home!!!! LOL

Renewed1

I'm natural and rolling hair on wet hair is not working for me. I have to do this on blow-dried hair with setting lotion.

berryblack

Bumping! :grin:

Any more naturals wanna chime in??? Any PICS??? :look: Any you tube videos? :look:

Thanks!

Shtow had a wonderful tutorial on flexis that I tried and loved but my hair was blow dried and flat ironed--I'm not sure if that counts. I do have pics I can dig up, if interested...

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Lurking... I've been wanting to try this for a while but wasn't sure how it would work on my hair

berryblack

This was done on blow dried/flat ironed natural hair. I used about 6 or so flexis:

Right after I took them all out:

I turned my head upside down and finger combed it out:

I can't find Shtow's thread on flexis---maybe u can pm her...

BlackMasterPiece

wet setting really gives you a sleek look especially with straw sets, but I've come to realize its way too taxing on the hair. So the last time I did it I did it on blowdried hair and it came out really cute. I used a mixture of a little eco styler gel, a little aussie moist and a little curl activator and I got a nice soft hold.

MRJ1972

This was done on blow dried/flat ironed natural hair. I used about 6 or so flexis:

Right after I took them all out:

I turned my head upside down and finger combed it out:

I can't find Shtow's thread on flexis---maybe u can pm her...

This is cute!!!!

Cant wait until my "real hair" achieves this healthiness and length! :yep:

lilsparkle825

i usually use them on pressed hair overnight to give my hair some body, but i have tried them on wet hair before. i just prep my hair like i would for a normal rollerset (wash, DC, leave-in) then roll it. the only thing i hate is it takes longer to dry than magnetic rollers....