Flexi-rod set

dominicana

chocolate01: I did a Flexi-rod set!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I did my first flexi rod set. I'm not crazy about it. I don't think I'll do it again. It took forever to dry, finally I gave up and left some of the ends wet.
I have so much hair, It probably would have come out better if I had more rods.

I put pictures in my album!

~D

Last edited:

Shatani

Re: chocolate01: I did a Flexi-rod set!!!!!!

i think it looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!

and i REALLY liked when you combed out the curls....your hair is beautiful girl!

pink_flower

Re: chocolate01: I did a Flexi-rod set!!!!!!

I love it on you! :yep:

As far as the loose ends, try using a creamy moisturizer just on the tip so it can stay wrapped around the rods.

sky_blu

I love it! Only if I had enough hair to do it. The second to the last one style is my favorite.

chocolate01

Girl I don't know why you don't like it cause I think it came out gorgeous!! It does take a long time to dry. I usually sit under the dryer for an hour but keep the rods in overnight and take them down in the morning. Maybe if you try parting your hair differently the curls will fall different and you might like it. Anyway I love the results :love: !

caligirl

Your hair looks gorgeous! It looks like a professional did your hair.
One question, where is your newgrowth! Aren't you transitioning?

dominicana

Thanks girlies!!!!

I think the reason I don't like it is because there is so much of it. I keep wishing my hair would curl on it's own, but now that I've seen curly I don't think I could get used to the volume. I'm so used to having straight hair, I don't know what to do with it now. I'll see how long I can go without washing it. If it hadn't been so much work I probably would washed it and flat ironed by now.

caligirl said:
One question, where is your newgrowth! Aren't you transitioning?

I am transitioning, about 2/3 maybe 3/4 of my hair is natural. Maybe that's why you can't see the new growth, but I'm seriously thinking of getting it relaxed again with x-tenso because I'm losing more hair now when I wash than before.

Thanks for all the encouraging words!!!

lovelymissyoli

You weren't lying when you said you have a lot of hair! :) Your flexirod set came out beautiful! ;) After you separated the curls, the fullness really kicked in! Great job! How long did it take you to do your whole head, and what size were the rollers?

webby

Think Slim
Dominicana, Que LINDA!
I liked both, before and after you combed out the curls. You have really beautiful, thick hair.

foxybronx

YOUR Hair is absolutely gorgeous Dominicana! I love both Flexirod styles, especially the last one. You have inspired me to break out my flexirods this weekend.

qtgirl

It looks great both ways, you look like a brown Veronica Lake with the curls combed out. Gorgeous!

dominicana

lovelymissyoli said:
You weren't lying when you said you have a lot of hair! :) Your flexirod set came out beautiful! ;) After you separated the curls, the fullness really kicked in! Great job! How long did it take you to do your whole head, and what size were the rollers?

Hi!!
It didn't take long to roll. Once Chocolate01 explained to me how to secure them I was off and running. It probably took an hour, don't forget I have alot of hair so it takes a while. What took the longest was drying. It takes me 2- 2.5 hours under the dryer with a regular rollerset. This was insane, after three hours I gave up. Next time I will definately buy more flexis, I started running out and so had to put more hair on each flexi than I wanted. I looked at the package and it didn't give a size. I bought them at Sally's I got a package each of grey and purple.

hugs

~D

goldensugar23

your set looks so pretty.I know what you mean about the drying time.May i suggest something?

I get the best results when i set my hair dry.I blow dry(or a few days after getting it done) then set my hair with ntm leave-in cream.My hair drys in 1/2 hour...if that.My sets lasts for days with that stuff!! I use the grey rods,maybe five..lol.I know i'm lazy :D