Flexi Rod Set

rwanda

I have attempted my very first flexi rod set on freshly relaxed hair and it came out fair. My hair grazes the top of my shoulders so although I did get some shrinkage, I think it looks good for my first time. I just have to perfect the pattern that I set them in my hair, so they come out neat and professional looking. Does anyone have any pictures of a flexi rod set in their hair before taking them out, and maybe a tutorial on how to put them in?:p I'm working on getting my hair journal so I can get some progress pictures.

nomoweavesfome

rwanda said:
I have attempted my very first flexi rod set on freshly relaxed hair and it came out fair. My hair grazes the top of my shoulders so although I did get some shrinkage, I think it looks good for my first time. I just have to perfect the pattern that I set them in my hair, so they come out neat and professional looking. Does anyone have any pictures of a flexi rod set in their hair before taking them out, and maybe a tutorial on how to put them in?:p I'm working on getting my hair journal so I can get some progress pictures.

ooooh. It sounds pretty. You have a pic?

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I have flexi-rod pics in my fotki album. Also, alexstin has a flexi-rod tutorial in her album as well.

danysedai

these are 2 pictures of a flexirod set i did on sunday, i liked the results but i also have to perfect the direction of the rollers.

Attachments

• DSCF1088.JPG
    DSCF1088.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF1100.JPG
    DSCF1100.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 146

alexstin

danysedai said:
these are 2 pictures of a flexirod set i did on sunday, i liked the results but i also have to perfect the direction of the rollers.

Very nice!!!!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
danysedai said:

your curls are so pretty. how long do they usually last? also, how do you sleep on them at night? TIA

dstdiva

i do mine in 2 rows on each side and in the back. then i do one row in the top center. it's not very neat, but it turns out great. the last few times i did mine, i used a little pantene and motions foam. they lasted longer than they usually do. i either sleep "pretty" or with my satin cap.

danysedai said:

that is too cute, how did you position the rollers/rods in your hair.

kandegirl

I don't have pics with the rods in my hair but I have a pic of the final result. I used Lottabody or Tresemme 4+4 styling glaze (slightly diluted) and roll the back going down, the side going down and the crown going towards the back. It lasts up to a week. I just flip them up to the top of my head at night and put on a satin cap. In the morning, I put on ORS olive oil and fluff and go. The fall back down in place in a few minutes. It definately keeps my hands out of my hair when I'm wearing my own hair.

punchinella

danysedai said:

Your curls look so cute.

By the way has anyone tried the heated flexi rods (Babyliss Hoy Stix). I tried one of my cousins rollers just to see how it curled. My hair was a little damp from the day before, but it curled very quick. I am putting these on my wishlist.

rwanda

Thanks ladies, everyones flexi rod sets are very pretty, I brought more flexi's today because I didn't have enough for the back nape and I don't want to put too much hair in one flexi. I notice when I did the front with a small amount of hair, my spirals came out better. I used wrap and shine foaming setting lotion, then I put a little black n' sassy finishing wrap shine along the length and fantasia frizz buster on the ends, and I was amazed with the shine and spirals. I think I'm going to love this as one of my protective styles. I'm going to have to get me a webcam and take some pictures. I'll have to learn how to do it first. And by the way ladies I'm so proud of my slowly getting there new length. I measured 10 inches on the side of my hair whereas I remember some months ago I was just earlobe length (I think about 6 inches). Taking care of your hair really pays off.:bouncy:

gn1g

Oh punchinella why o why did you mention those. Sounds like caruso. Ok you convenced me, ::writing on my wishlist hotstix::

Do you all roll the back yourselves?

danysedai

sorry for not replying sooner, I'm working but my boss is not here:sekret:
I used the setting lotion that comes with the ORS Relaxer box, I used to have lottabody but sent it to my mom. I want some instructions for positioning or I will have to try again this weekend. I slept with the flexirods,not so uncomfortable after all, and in the morning while I prepared breakfast I separated some of them and did them again in using less hair. Unfortunately, they didn't last very long, about 2 more days.

rwanda

danysedai I found the less products I put on a wet set the better. Although I may use a little moisturizer at times I try to just use maybe a tiny drop along the length. I have just used foam setting lotion and glossing serum for shine, frizz and my ends on a wet set and it held up well.