Flat ironing hair w/Olive Oil & Coconut Oil

bermudabeauty

Hello sexy LCHF ladies! I read a thread the other day and a lady had flat ironed her hair with coconut oil in it and she burned her hair out. :blush: I use olive oil in my hair daily and I flat ironed my hair yesterday with no problem. That is the first time I have ever done that. Should flat iron ever be used if you have olive oil and/or coconut oil in your hair?

STLCoverGirl

I flat iron my hair using these products all the time. They are the only 2 oils I use regularly, and have never experienced any burning.

wheezy807

Probably depends on how much oil your using (not too much) and the temperature of the heat appliance (not too high-hot). I usually don't use direct heat on my hair myself.

Mortons

I put a little bit of coconut oil on before I flat iron. It might be because she used too much or the appliance was too hot.

poookie

Definitely do not do this. high direct heat + oils = just like deep frying your hair.

possibly, if you use a very, very low setting, or only a tiny dab of oil for your whole head... but definitely don't oil each section heavily before attacking it with an appliance on the maximum heat setting.