Do I have to rinse out olive oil and coconut oil out?

washize

I was curious if I mixed olive oil and coconut oil together, could I leave it in my hair untill I wash it?

DarkHair

you can leave it in your hair. I just applied some coconut oil to my hair and I don't plan to wash til Thursday or Friday

mscocoface

Do you mean as a hot oil treatment or just oiling your scalp and ends with it?

For both the answer would be yes it just depends on when you plan to wash.

Oiling my scalp and or ends using it regularly it is fine to use for me as a mixture but I normally use them seperately.

Olive oil I use as more of a oil treatment and coconut oil I use on my edges and ends of my hair almost daily.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Well I guess it really depends on how much you use. If its a light coating it should be ok. How long are you planning to leave in for? I've left oil in after co-washing and my hair was wet-so it sealed in the moisture. As long as you use a moisturizer first (water or whatever moisturizer you use) I don't see much harm.

washize

I wash my hair every two days, and I'm not going to use it as a hot oil treatment, I only use it on my ends, and a little ways up the hair shaft, I don't use that much maybe about 2 tablesppons.

Last edited:

jamaraa

I wash my hair every two days, and I'm not going to use it as a hot oil treatment, I only use it on my ends, and a little ways up the hair shaft, I don't use that much maybe about 2 tablesppons.

No, you can leave it on. I use it coconut oil (don't care for olive) all the time as a hair dressing. If you like both mixed, just go a little lighter on the olive cuz it can be too oily.

knt1229

Yes you can leave it in until you wash it. I seal with coconut and castor oil. I think most of the ladies on the board seal with oil and leave it in until wash day/co-wash.