Fine Haired Ladies.....Question?

shortfynesse

How do you keep your hair moisturized withouth weighing your hair down??????

Lately I have been using Elasta QP Mango Butter but it is making my hair greasy and heavy even though its nice to seal while hair is wet but not daily. I have thin hair (for now) and I need body as well as shine. What do you suggest to be a good daily moisturizer for fine hair? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Lotus

shortfynesse said:
How do you keep your hair moisturized withouth weighing your hair down??????

Lately I have been using Elasta QP Mango Butter but it is making my hair greasy and heavy even though its nice to seal while hair is wet but not daily. I have thin hair (for now) and I need body as well as shine. What do you suggest to be a good daily moisturizer for fine hair? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

It was to heavy for my hair as well. I was just about to throw it in the trash... but the kitchentician in me steped up. I watered it down added a little bit of coconut oil (only because my hair love it) and now it's all to the good. Try adding water to it until you get something your hair can work with.

prettypuff1

I like the aphogee mostruizer. I have fine hair as well,. and i like that it is a spray so it goes on in a mist and not a glob

ItsyBitsy

If im wearing my hair down I use Dove Sheer Moisture Mist. It's very light and adds just the right amount of moisture & it smells great.
HTH

Ms Kraft

DIONNE31 said:
If im wearing my hair down I use Dove Sheer Moisture Mist. It's very light and adds just the right amount of moisture & it smells great.
HTH

Co-signing on Dove Sheer. Awesome stuff and works great!!!:D

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I bought the Dove Sheer Moisture Leave-in Replenishing Mist but haven't used it yet! Oh My GOD! Thanks for giving me something to anticipate!:D
Ladies, you are all AWESOME!

Ms. Kraft! Here you are again sharing the best advice! :clapping:

shortfynesse

O thank you ladies. I will try this hopefully tomorrow. Can I find at any drugstore?

Thank you so much for the replies. I don't want to be conformed to wash n go's just to keep my hair moisturized. I really hope this works. :D

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
shortfynesse said:
O thank you ladies. I will try this hopefully tomorrow. Can I find at any drugstore?

Thank you so much for the replies. I don't want to be conformed to wash n go's just to keep my hair moisturized. I really hope this works. :D

Hi shortfynesse! Yup! Any well stocked CVS or Walgreens should have it!

Oh, btw, I wanted to mention that I use Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm. Used sparingly, you might like that as well. I personally like just a teensy weeny bit of oiliness on my hair and that works great for me without weighing it down. You purchase it from the Qhemet Biologics website.

shortfynesse

Thanks January. You actually brought up a good point about using sparingly. I can get a little heavy handed with the products. It's just that I'm so excited about my new hair care journey. :lol:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

DCing 2x's a wk. helps keep my hair moisturized, but if i feel the need to add a little something to my strands NTM Silk Touch Leave in and Humectress is a realy light moisturizer. I also like to use Jojoba oil, Botanic oil or Africa's best oil's are light if I'm in an oil mood. I only use my EQP Mango Butter on my ends and very little, the only time I apply it to the entire length of my strands is when I'm braided up, or in an updo.

shortfynesse

THanks B.W.E I am currently washing 2x per week and DCing with the ORS Replenshing Pak. I really like the Elasta QP Mango butter but now I believe I wasn't using it right. Thanks for your advice.

bajanplums1

So funny, I was talking about this today. Grease and oil weighs my hair down, but lack of moisture dries my hair out. My solution is using conditioner daily on the last 2 inches of hair and then rollerset. In rolling the conditioner is distributed through the entire section of hair. I used Elucence in the warmer months and now I am using Kerahix--as a leave in and I LOVE IT! The only oil I use is almond oil which is a light oil and only after I first wash my hair.

Dee-Licious

DIONNE31 said:
HTH

Cosigning again. Bless the day LocksofLuv suggested this... it has been a true gift to my thin hair.

OneInAMillion

bajanplums1 said:
So funny, I was talking about this today. Grease and oil weighs my hair down, but lack of moisture dries my hair out. My solution is using conditioner daily on the last 2 inches of hair and then rollerset. In rolling the conditioner is distributed through the entire section of hair. I used Elucence in the warmer months and now I am using Kerahix--as a leave in and I LOVE IT! The only oil I use is almond oil which is a light oil and only after I first wash my hair.

I recently started doing something similar, minus the roller. I will have to try that. Are you only using leave in's to do this or acutual conditioners? I've just been conditioning my last two inches or so with regular conditioner and baggying everyday.

KiniKakes

I dont use ANY moisturizer/oil in my hair when I intend to wear it down. Any bit of moisture/oil will weight it down, no matter how light. My hair is just too fine/thin for that.

I only moisturize/seal once Ive worn it down (for the day or two) and then am ready to put it in the bun. When its in the bun, I'll moisture like crazy without an issue. But nope..... not when i plan to wear it down. It loses all bounce and body and lightness then, and just looks oily and flat. Not a good look for me at all. :look:

The only reason Im able to get away with this is because I usually wear my hair in protective styles. If i wore my hair down daily, and didnt moisturize, im sure it'd be hella dry and I'd get breakage. But fortunately, i only wear it down a couple of days out of the week (usually the wknd), and i can get away without using any oils or serums or what have you. I minimize combing, which is also a big help. So by the time Im ready to bun again (Sunday) I am free to moisture and weight it down with whatever i want. ;)

HTH!

Last edited:

Bouncy Curls

My hair is extremely fine. Every single time I try to use moisturizer, my hair breaks. Even if I use a little, same thing. One day I decided to quit moisturizing all together and my hair has never been better. ZERO breakage and very strong strands. I am not recommending going without moisturizer but it works very well for me and I thought I would share since you asked:)

Bouncy Curls

KiniKakes said:
I dont use ANY moisturizer/oil in my hair when I intend to wear it down. Any bit of moisture/oil will weight it down, no matter how light. My hair is just too fine/thin for that.

I only moisturize/seal once Ive worn it down (for the day or two) and then am ready to put it in the bun. When its in the bun, I'll moisture like crazy without an issue. But nope..... not when i plan to wear it down. It loses all bounce and body and lightness then, and just looks oily and flat. Not a good look for me at all. :look:

The only reason Im able to get away with this is because I usually wear my hair in protective styles. If i wore my hair down daily, and didnt moisturize, im sure it'd be hella dry and I'd get breakage. But fortunately, i only wear it down a couple of days out of the week (usually the wknd), and i can get away without using any oils or serums or what have you. I minimize combing, which is also a big help. So by the time Im ready to bun again (Sunday) I am free to moisture and weight it down with whatever i want. ;)

HTH!

I can TOTALLY relate. We are in the same boat!:yep:

shortfynesse

Hmmmm......So it looks like I have different options. Kinikakes I was naive when I first came on the board and read how the other ladies were moisturizing everyday so that is how I started out. My hair would be a shiny greasy blob and my hands were greasy when I tried to run my fingers through it. OOps. You live and learn.

Bouncy Curls: Just recently I decided to do a CO-wash without any added products and my hair was shiny and bouncy without the grease. I was just so worried that my hair wasn't getting the moisture it needs without any added products.

I really appreciate the help. This haircare journey can get really confusing. I already warned my co-workers that I might be coming to work looking a HAM some days. It's all about trial and error. :)

gn1g

good question and good answers. I am also fine haired and I basically wear my hair in a bun so I use everything to moisturize the last 2 very dry inches of my hair. I will check out the dove spray.