Fine haired ladies

Soquin

What do you use as a daily conditioner. I find that my hair is still breaking. Either from too much protein or not enough moisture. I can't find that balance. Every time I use a light protein like apogee 2 min, my hair seems fine. Then I add a light moisture the next day and it breaks... The only time my hair doesn't break is when it's dry. But then my ends split. Oh currently I used cantu Shea butter (as a daily light protein) and care free curl as my daily moisturizers. Then I seal with hot 6 oil. My hair doesn't seem to have to much protein. It's just doesn't seem to like moisture.

Any help?

How often are you deep conditioning with a protein balanced conditioner? I noticed that when I deep condition well and often, I don't need to moisturize daily because my hair is already balanced.

ETA: Are you natural or relaxed? How are you wearing your hair daily?

How often are you deep conditioning with a protein balanced conditioner? I noticed that when I deep condition well and often, I don't need to moisturize daily because my hair is already balanced.

I deep condition once a week with Infusium 23 reconstructor. I usually wear my hair in buns (half the week) and pulled back in a clip (the other half. When it's pulled back in w banns clip some of the ends are exposed

Do you spray your hair with water? How often do you moisturize and what do you use?

The only product that makes my hair feel 'right' is Bee Mine Balanced Moisturiser sealed with Castor Oil.

I too was guilty of piling on multiple products until i just decided to use a leave-in and sealed on wash day and thereafter i would use the Bee Mine and seal.

At first i thought the Bee Mine wasn't good for my hair but that was because i used too many/too much other product before applying it.

I feel you on the breakage and finding a balance between moisture and protein. For the last 2 months my hair has been shedding and breaking like crazy and nothing I did stopped it. Finally last night I decided to just cut the damage ends of my hair and try to even up my hair because of all the breakage and thin ends. I cut about 6inches, (back at shoulder length) disappointed but it had to be done. Right now I am assessing my hair and it looks so much healthier with all of the damage cut off, it's thicker and softer. Getting rid of the roughness, and split ends made my hair look a hundred times better. I am sticking to one product line for leave ins and stylers and keeping it as simple as possible, like I did at the beginning of my journey when my hair was flourishing. Hope that you are able to find a regimen that works for you.

Do you spray your hair with water? How often do you moisturize and what do you use?

I use Oyin's Juices & Berries, or apply Oyin's Whipped Pudding or Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (both sparingly) to dry areas. I concentrate on my ends when in twists, bunning, etc. Depending on my style, I don't have to moisturize more than 2x a week... and if I've been sticking to my deep conditioning regimen. :ohwell:

Maybe I am too heavy with my products. I don't know what balanced hair should feel like

You have to start with a clean slate and try it product by product. Finding that balance should be easier when you're using a product that takes care of moisture and protein at the same time.

I deep condition once a week with Infusium 23 reconstructor. I usually wear my hair in buns (half the week) and pulled back in a clip (the other half. When it's pulled back in w banns clip some of the ends are exposed

I would let go of this. Infusium did not work well with my hair, plus, I don't feel the conditioner itself. Have you tried Aubrey GPB? It's a protein based conditioner but extremely moisturizing.

Have you ever checked your porosity?

Last edited:
I use Oyin's Juices & Berries, or apply Oyin's Whipped Pudding or Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (both sparingly) to dry areas. I concentrate on my ends when in twists, bunning, etc. Depending on my style, I don't have to moisturize more than 2x a week... and if I've been sticking to my deep conditioning regimen. :ohwell:

You have to start with a clean slate and try it product by product. Finding that balance should be easier when you're using a product that takes care of moisture and protein at the same time.

I would let go of this. Infusium did not work well with my hair, plus, I don't feel the conditioner itself. Have you tried Aubrey GPB? It's a protein based conditioner but extremely moisturizing.

Have you ever checked your porosity?

GPB? And no I have not checked my porosity

I feel you on the breakage and finding a balance between moisture and protein. For the last 2 months my hair has been shedding and breaking like crazy and nothing I did stopped it. Finally last night I decided to just cut the damage ends of my hair and try to even up my hair because of all the breakage and thin ends. I cut about 6inches, (back at shoulder length) disappointed but it had to be done. Right now I am assessing my hair and it looks so much healthier with all of the damage cut off, it's thicker and softer. Getting rid of the roughness, and split ends made my hair look a hundred times better. I am sticking to one product line for leave ins and stylers and keeping it as simple as possible, like I did at the beginning of my journey when my hair was flourishing. Hope that you are able to find a regimen that works for you.

Im sorry to hear that. But it's great that your hair is healthy now! As for me, I couldn't be anymore frustrated! Hopefully I find something that works

Im sorry to hear that. But it's great that your hair is healthy now! As for me, I couldn't be anymore frustrated! Hopefully I find something that works

Thanks
I'm actually very happy and excited about the cut, granted it was out of frustration but once I did it I felt relief. I have been natural going on 5yrs now but my hair practices were horrendous. I started my haircare journey last year with dry thin ends thinking that I could thicken them up and nurse them back to health. My hair was growing in beautifully, but then I veered off my regimen and my hair started to suffer. The oldest part of my hair took the worst hit since it was already on its last legs to begin with which was the 6 inches. I pretty much did a way overdue Big Chop, and I love it. :yep:

GPB? And no I have not checked my porosity

Aubrey GPB is my new baby-daddy. :blush: I think everyone should give it a try. Where's virtuenow? She understands! But I don't think she has fine hair.

de4998509911.gif
:cloud9:

But first, I think you should check your porosity; if you're cuticles are too open or too closed, no product will help fix the feel and elasticity of your hair.

Test your porosity:
The Sink-or-Float Test: Take a strand of [clean, naked] hair and place it in a glass of water. If it sinks quickly, its high porosity. If it takes some time to sink, then its normal porosity. If it just stays floating near the top, then its low porosity.

When you determine the porosity of your hair, refer to these two articles by former member SistaSlick, author of The Science of Black Hair, for suggestions for your next step: One and Two

HTH

Last edited:
Aubrey GPB is my new baby-daddy. :blush: I think everyone should give it a try. Where's @virtuenow? She understands! But I don't think she has fine hair.

de4998509911.gif
:cloud9:

But first, I think you should check your porosity; if you're cuticles are too open or too closed, no product will help fix the feel and elasticity of your hair.

Test your porosity:

When you determine the porosity of your hair, refer to these two articles by former member SistaSlick, author of The Science of Black Hair, for suggestions for your next step: One and Two

HTH
:lachen:This comment made me slap happy Nelle! Its mynew hubby, now thats loyalty! No, my hair is not fine; but I could only imagine it would help build up your strands if you are fine.

Back