LiqueXX

Re: February Hits and Misses

Hits
QP Recovery
QP Breakage Serum
Kenra Moisturzing Shampoo and Conditioner
Lanza Hair Repair Reconstructor

Misses
Surge (using it less and less lately, just doesn't do it for me anymore)
QP Intense (was not really impressed)

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Hits
Kemi Oyl

Misses
QP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
Lanza Be Long Shampoo

Unsure
Roux Porosity Control

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot to add:

Miss
Jilbere Shower Comb

It was better that other wide tooth combs I've tried, but I'm stickin by my Denman. My mom liked it though.

joyous

Chaya, thanks for the info. I'll try ebay. You and your sister's hair looks really healthy, thick and vibrant.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
MISS:
BIG FRIGGING MISS-Dudley's PCA. moisture? where? my hair didn't see it, lol. ok as u can tell i really didn't like the dudley pca, now i gotta find some way to get rid of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try adding Olive Oil Island Girl...Just about a tablespoon or so. See if that works better for you.

Tracy

HA! I found the Joico conditioner in NY!!!!

7.49 for 5.2 ounces...

At Duane Reade y'all!!!! It's in my hair now - I'll psot a review after I come back from the salon.

Honi

There is no board.

Hits:

Trader Joes Herbal conditioner

Miss:

Cream of nature conditioner

Lee

Hits
Suave Professional Awphi conditioner (like Paul Mitchell the conditoner) awesome slip for $2.00
Deep Brilliance Purity Shampoo this didn't strip my hair dry.
Deep Brilliance Moisture Conditioner Very good slip indeed.
Rosemary Blend from nature with love (love the way it makes my hair feel, smooth and silky)

No misses

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
MISS:
BIG FRIGGING MISS-Dudley's PCA. moisture? where? my hair didn't see it, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree!! It's on my "MISS" list for February, too!!

I have no "HITS" cuz I'm on the PJ Challenge...

(I bought the PCA to replace my UBH Moisturizer... (BIG mistake...
)

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
So you kept the 10 en 1 huh? I have 3 I picked up wen I ws in NY. Truth be told, they're nothing special on my hair and I just as soon post them on the swap board.

[/ QUOTE ]

You too??? I thought I was the only one who felt that way about the 10 en 1. It smells nice, but it doesn't seem to do anything spectacular on my hair either.

TsAngel

Neutrogena Triple Moisture
Healing Shine Serum.....can we say Mega Hit and it smells good too.

Neen

Hits

Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer- great conditioner! So thick and creamy, made my hair really soft.

Biolage Glaze- wonderful at defining curls and leaves my hair super soft and shiny. Not sticky at all.

Misses

LeKair Cholesterol- this stuff used to make my hair so soft. Now it does nothing for me. I don't know what happended.

Strictly Curls definer- made my hair hard and flakey

*Not Sure*

Keracare Humecto Cond.- I may need to try this again. It had nothing on the aveda, but I may use it as my daily con. It seemed really watery.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn

HIT: cholesterol, i used to use this, stuff all the time and then i couldnt find it and now ive found it and my hair is heavenly

MISS: Suave conditioners, they smell so good, but they left my hair so dry. i think ill just use them for smell over top of my deep conditions

trinity

jason biotin shampoo/conditioner
africas best herbal tee tree gro
africas best kids organic shea butter detangling moisturizer
suave milk honey
vo5 almond n honey
redken heat glide
ic silky gel activator

relaxed 4b bra strap

G

Hits: K-Cutter comb, Jilbere de Paris Shower Comb, African Royale Hot Six Oil, Kenra Moisturizing Condtioner, Jason Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo and Conditioner, UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer, UBH Conditioner, MSM

Misses: Kenra Moisturizing shampoo, UBH Dew, Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

deeplyrooted

HITS <ul type="square">
[*]African Royale Daily Doctor Leave-in Conditioner - made my napptural hair REALLY soft (read the rest of my misses though ...)
[*]Extending time between conditioner washes/shampoos (really helped in keeping my hair soft in conjunction with using leave-in conditioner as a daily moisturizer instead) [/list]

MISSES <ul type="square"> [*]African Royale Daily Doctor Leave-in Conditioner . . . it was soooo dawg gone sticky. It left the back of my neck feeling like it's been sprayed with some honey or something. Even after mixing it with water in a spray bottle.
I don't think I'll be buying it again (unless I have a 'need softer hair' emergency). [/list]

Nay

HITS: Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner. This stuff is THE BEST. I'm probably the only black person on the planet who had never tried a Creme of Nature Product. Now that I have, I'M IN LOVE!!!

MISSES: (It's not that I hated these, but I just found that I like my other products better) * Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Gel. It kind of left a flakey residue when I used it.
* Elasta QP Mango Butter. I liked it, but didn't LOVE it.
* Black &amp; Sassy Creamy set. I used to like it, but now I have a whole new tub that I have no intention on using.

Oh, I also didn't really dig on the Suave Coconut conditioner. It was okay, but not the best thing I've ever tried.

caralexis2005

Huge Hit! Kenra moisturizing conditioner and intensive emollient treatment mixed together: my comb out was effortless.

Hits: pantene light spray conditioner
shampoo for relaxed hair
kenra straightening serum

no misses so far

BrownBetty

hits
Jason's sea kelp conditioner
porosity control conditioner

Okay
Jason's sea kelp shampoo

T

Tee

Hits
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher with Aloe
Rusk Sea Kelp Conditioner (used as a leave in)

L

LaNecia

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

Hits:

Silk 2 MoisTec Conditioner

[/ QUOTE ]

SassyGirl, where did you find this product?! I absolutely L-O-V-E this conditioner but can't find it here on the West Coast at all. A hair dresser in Los Angelese sold us a few tubs a few years ago but he's gone and I don't want to order from Sheldeez if I can help it!

TIA!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I friend sent me a sample and I fell in love!
The only place I can get it is sheldeez.com. Wait until it goes on sale again. The regular price is $20 for 32 oz. The sale price is $15-$16.

If you find a cheaper, faster way to get it PLEASE let me know!

ETA: My friend buys hers from her stylist. The stylist orders from... SHELDEEZ!
I really love this conditioner. I'm 3 seconds away from tossing everything else.
Except my Dominican stuff.

aikaa71

Hits

Arosci lye relaxer
Dove conditioner
Revlon equave moisture leave in

Misses
none

cocopuff

HITS: Loreal Kids Strawberry Smoothie shampoo
Kemi Oyl 100% Shea Butter Pomade
Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo

lisatamika

HITS:
African Pride Blends Mayonnaise Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Shampoo for dry hair
Garnier Fructis Conditioner for dry hair
ORS Jojoba Oil

MISSES:
Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk (Will try this one more time)
ORS Carrot Creme (Will try mixing this with Wonder 8 oil)

BOUGHT BUT NOT TRIED:
John Freida's Relax Blow Dry Straightening Creme

Edie

Bed Head Self-Absorbed Conditioner
Bed Head Health Goddess Leave-in Conditioner (Vitamin enriched conditioner)
Bed Head Ego Boost Conditioner (for Shedding)
Oh and I discovered the really shining effects of honey mixed in with conditioner on the hair.

L

LaNecia

Alright Sassygirl, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out, if I'm able to track it down, I have a friend who's a distributor (
), I will definitely let you know. If he can get it, I'll send you a PM...

sengschick

The Bun Master

I'm late, but for what it's worth....

Major Hits:
Phytodefrisant-- this stuff is dope, detangling time cut in half, decreased wash day shedding from the size of a quarter to half the size of a dime (for real!) which is major b/c my hair is natural

Phytophanere-- this supplement is wonderful! My skin even looks better and I'm sprouting hair faster everywhere, so I hope to see nice gains once I finish the bottle!!

Miss: Henna and Placenta Treatment Pack: I wanted a deep conditioner, but didn't notice that I was any more conditioned than usual. I even did it under a heat cap.

Verdict is still out on:
Phyto 9-- at first I would have called this a miss, but actually it sort of detangles my hair at the end of the day and I've had virtually no shedding since adding it (but it could be the vitamins too). Doesn't leave my hair feeling totally moisturized like I was expecting.

DeQuendre

The only thing new I tried in Feb was a MISS: Kiehl's Lecithin and Coconut Enriched Hair Masque with Panthenol for Dry Hair. It was just okay. No magic like other products.

I have such a hit and miss relationship with Kiehl's. I love the Conditioner Rinse with Coconut and of course Silk Groom.

This month, I am going to try the Deep Conditioning Protein Pak, probably towards the end of the month. I broke down and got it after wanting it for so long. Please let there be magic!