Fast from wrong thinking day 2...

Prudent1

Day 2...​
Day 2 >

Today we’re fasting from the thought that says: “Even if I change, it won’t last. I always fall back.”

Often we start to have hope; we see some things change in us; then we seem to backtrack or expect to fall back into the same attitudes, habits or emotions. It doesn’t have to stay that way. Are you ready for that cycle to come to an end?

Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:

1. This is the whole point of our fast from wrong thinking: You won’t fall back when you change the way you think. And when you replace wrong mindsets with right ones, you KEEP the victory, Jesus paid the price for. Proverbs 23:7 says as you think, you become.

2.Use your imagination on the promises of God. Imagine the promises of God are coming to pass, and you will move forward. When you allow your imagination to replay past mistakes or failures, you go backwards. Look up Jeremiah 7:24.

3. SILENCE OTHER VOICES. Listen to the voice of God. Just keep filling your mind today with ‘what does the scripture say’, ‘what does the scripture say’...When you KEEP YOUR EARS ON the voice of God, you move forward. Jer. 7:24 says, when they didn’t listen to the Word, they went backwards.

4. Listen to your ‘lawyer’. 1 John 2:1 says even if you do fall, you have an advocate, a lawyer—Jesus—who goes to the Father and pleads your case. You are safe in His Grace—the ultimate safety net.

5. Believe that God is at work in you to bring lasting change. YOU ARE NOT ALONE in this journey. Philippians 2:12 says, “For it is God who is at work IN you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.” Remember, He succeeds at everything He works on. And He’s working on you, NOW!

6. Embrace the truth that God will keep you from falling back. CEMENT this truth to your mind. Jude 24 says, "Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy." Two fold protection: He keeps you from falling; AND MAKES you stand. Believe it!

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I imagine the promises of God coming to pass in my life, and I refuse to replay my past mistakes. I’m going forward. I listen to the voice of God, and it keeps me moving forward. God is at work in me to bring His change in my life. He keeps me from falling and empowers me to stand, in Jesus’ Name.

In His Great Love,

Gregory Dickow

Back