Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

BillsBackerz67

For coils I usually do 30-40 big ones and then separate them into smaller ones after they are completely dry. The coils take about 45 minutes. Drying takes about an hour if I sit under the dryer.

Joigirl

For coils I usually do 30-40 big ones and then separate them into smaller ones after they are completely dry. The coils take about 45 minutes. Drying takes about an hour if I sit under the dryer.

I think that was my problem, the coils were too small and kept unraveling. Should have thought about making them bigger. Oh well I can try again next week.

Joigirl

This is a complete and utter mess. My curls are totally frizzy. Not sure if it was the product combo or my use of the Denman brush to detangle. I'm going to Cowash my hair and put in twists...what a waste.

Attachments

• image-3281111961.jpg
    image-3281111961.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 93

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
This is a complete and utter mess. My curls are totally frizzy. Not sure if it was the product combo or my use of the Denman brush to detangle. I'm going to Cowash my hair and put in twists...what a waste.
looks nice to me.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Went to salon today and got my roots died to cover my grey. Was happy my grey was gone but was not happy with how it was styled. She used Jane carter curling cream I told her she needed to use more product and to do it section by section. She used more product but she put the product on my whole head then went through my head section by section raking the product through but not adding product section. Ended up with an under defined mass of hair. I came home and went over it section by section adding more product. I think when I go next month I will show her some videos of how I like my product applied. The shop specializes in natural hair but I noticed that a lot of the women who get wash n goes have shorter hair than me and theirs look nicer than mine. The women that have longer hair usually wear straight or twisted styles. I may start looking for a different shop to go to. image-4239701024.jpg Hair today after she styled it. image-713478078.jpg Hair once I styled it.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Are we looking at the same picture? Your hair is always beautiful!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Went to salon today and got my roots died to cover my grey. Was happy my grey was gone but was not happy with how it was styled. She used Jane carter curling cream I told her she needed to use more product and to do it section by section. She used more product but she put the product on my whole head then went through my head section by section raking the product through but not adding product section. Ended up with an under defined mass of hair. I came home and went over it section by section adding more product. I think when I go next month I will show her some videos of how I like my product applied. The shop specializes in natural hair but I noticed that a lot of the women who get wash n goes have shorter hair than me and theirs look nicer than mine. The women that have longer hair usually wear straight or twisted styles. I may start looking for a different shop to go to. Hair today after she styled it. Hair once I styled it.

Your hair is gorg especially after you styled it.

pattyr5

I gave up after 5 coils. That is too much work for today! I tried using UFD, but should have used a heavier gel like Eco. I did a WNG instead. #lazy!

It's a cute style but looks like it would take forever to do. I may try this when I get a substantial amount of length. Right now those coils would shrink my hair to a TWA.

pattyr5

Went to salon today and got my roots died to cover my grey. Was happy my grey was gone but was not happy with how it was styled. She used Jane carter curling cream I told her she needed to use more product and to do it section by section. She used more product but she put the product on my whole head then went through my head section by section raking the product through but not adding product section. Ended up with an under defined mass of hair. I came home and went over it section by section adding more product. I think when I go next month I will show her some videos of how I like my product applied. The shop specializes in natural hair but I noticed that a lot of the women who get wash n goes have shorter hair than me and theirs look nicer than mine. The women that have longer hair usually wear straight or twisted styles. I may start looking for a different shop to go to. Hair today after she styled it. Hair once I styled it.

I could just look at you face and tell you wasn't feeling it. But for what it's worth I think the both look good.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I could just look at you face and tell you wasn't feeling it. But for what it's worth I think the both look good.
I don't feel it was necessarily bad it just not my preference. I have shown her pictures of how I normally wear my hair and she never is able to recreate how I wear it.

BillsBackerz67

So today I tried this new leave in called Beautiful Curls Shea Butter curl enhancing leave in and I'm digging it. My hair is super soft and moisturized. What I like about the product was that it spread evenly and absorbed into my hair right away...unlike Sheamoisture that doesn't seem to penetrate my strands and just sits there (besides their hair milk). To test it out I used it alone with no other products. It provides no hold but since it's not humid right now that doesn't matter.

Attachments

• image-2287181268.jpg
    image-2287181268.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1440010727.jpg
    image-1440010727.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2574380186.jpg
    image-2574380186.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 71

pattyr5

So today I tried this new leave in called Beautiful Curls Shea Butter curl enhancing leave in and I'm digging it. My hair is super soft and moisturized. What I like about the product was that it spread evenly and absorbed into my hair right away...unlike Sheamoisture that doesn't seem to penetrate my strands and just sits there (besides their hair milk). To test it out I used it alone with no other products. It provides no hold but since it's not humid right now that doesn't matter.

I've been seeing this at Whole Foods for a few months now and have been itching to try it out. Thanks for your review.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Gorgeous! :)

pattyr5

I always love the way your hair looks.

OhTall1

I feel like I'm getting consistent results at this point:

What I did differently:
  • I shampooed with TJTTT shampoo
  • I used a combo of JBCO, argan oil and jojoba oil
  • I used Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, which has a stronger hold than the MopTop that I've been using
  • I completely air dried

I still need to figure out what to do to combat the frizziness at the top of my head

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I feel like I'm getting consistent results at this point: What I did differently: [*]I shampooed with TJTTT shampoo [*]I used a combo of JBCO, argan oil and jojoba oil [*]I used Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, which has a stronger hold than the MopTop that I've been using [*]I completely air dried I still need to figure out what to do to combat the frizziness at the top of my head
looks great.

krissyhair

I feel like I'm getting consistent results at this point:

What I did differently:

[*]I shampooed with TJTTT shampoo
[*]I used a combo of JBCO, argan oil and jojoba oil
[*]I used Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, which has a stronger hold than the MopTop that I've been using
[*]I completely air dried

I still need to figure out what to do to combat the frizziness at the top of my head

No conditioner?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Hey ladies. I've been lurking through this thread and everyone's hair looks beautiful. I'm feeling better, but still taking it easy. Haven't really done much to my hair. Just wanted to update you all. Thank you all so much for your prayers.

OhTall1

No conditioner?
No, I just posted what I did differently than I normally do:

• I shampooed with TJTTT shampoo
  • Wash out conditioner - V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying conditioner
  • Deep conditioner - SM Tahitian Noni and Monoi Masque
  • Leave in - Giovanni Direct leave in
  • I used a combo of JBCO, argan oil and jojoba oil
  • Styler - SM Curl Smoothie
  • I used Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, which has a stronger hold than the MopTop that I've been using
  • I completely air dried
This morning, I steamed in the shower and sprayed Queen Helene Royal Curl Reactivator.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I straightened my hair and gave it a trim but i couldnt stand my flat straight hair so i wet it up and slapped some gel on that baby! I am going to shoot for 4 day hair with this eco crystal and ampro argan gel mix

Napp how did you end up liking the Ampro gel?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density

Thanks for the reminder. I used to use their baby leave-in on my son about 4 years ago, and I meant to try it on myself now that I'm natural. I used to love the way it defined his curls.

pattyr5

Today's i used a new product. Jane Carter Condition and Sculpt with Ouidad Moisture lock. I like it a lot. A fluffy curl and no crunch.

Attachments

• image-977139647.jpg
    image-977139647.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 58

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Since the search function is disabled I can't look this up. Has anybody used devacurl arcangel? I picked some up at ulta today.

pattyr5

Since the search function is disabled I can't look this up. Has anybody used devacurl arcangel? I picked some up at ulta today.

I have that in my gel stash. Its a pourable gel so not a super strong hold and minimal crunch if you don't use tons. I like it because It has slip to it and I can take my fingers through my hair. Its on my summer gel rotation.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I have that in my gel stash. Its a pourable gel so not a super strong hold and minimal crunch if you don't use tons. I like it because It has slip to it and I can take my fingers through my hair. Its on my summer gel rotation.
I like thinner gels so hopefully this works for me.