Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Thank you:blush: I may need to revisit kinky curly... I just remeber it never dried lol What leave in did you use under it whiteoleander91?

I didn't use anything today, actually! My hair felt really soft from my cowash, so I just applied the gel to my naked hair. I thought the gel would take forever to dry but it's only slightly damp in a few spots Napp

sweetpea7

I am in ohio and the winter is in full effect. How are you all doing your wng without leaving the house with wet hair? I don't have a diffuser.

I'll wash my hair at night and leave my deep conditioner in my hair and put my hair in 4 puffs uncovered by morning my hair is dry. Then I spritz and apply my gel. Curious, Does your hair need to be dry before leaving the house? I wash n go and walk outside with a wet head to class with no off effects.

Karmi

I am in ohio and the winter is in full effect. How are you all doing your wng without leaving the house with wet hair? I don't have a diffuser.
I'm in Ohio too (waves) I've been wearing puffs on those -0 mornings. I also put a plastic cap on under my hat and shake it out when I get to work.

Last edited:

Joigirl

Ladies, your curls are looking awesome. You are making me miss my wash n gos. Please keep posting pics :)

SweetlyCurly

image-2879580637.jpg This is my wash n go from yesterday. It was super cold in NYC yesterday and I had to leave the house with just towel dried hair because my son's school bus was playing games and I couldn't go back and diffuse my hair. I used a sample of an Ampro gel I got a million years ago from curlmart. Don't know what to think of it yet

MzRhonda

View attachment 293393 This is my wash n go from yesterday. It was super cold in NYC yesterday and I had to leave the house with just towel dried hair because my son's school bus was playing games and I couldn't go back and diffuse my hair. I used a sample of an Ampro gel I got a million years ago from curlmart. Don't know what to think of it yet

Beautiful!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Today's wash n go

Attachments

• image-386450591.jpg
    image-386450591.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2364369699.jpg
    image-2364369699.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 80

OhTall1

Doing my hair at night is just not worth the trouble. It never looks the way I want it to the next morning regardless of the gel I use. I need to come up with a better plan.
I'm in the same boat. My hair looks nice when I do it at night, but putting it up at night automatically gives me Day 2 hair the following day.

It's too cold here to walk out with a wet head of hair, but I may still try to see if I can dampen my hair and put in my styling product in the morning.

pattyr5

I'm in the same boat. My hair looks nice when I do it at night, but putting it up at night automatically gives me Day 2 hair the following day. It's too cold here to walk out with a wet head of hair, but I may still try to see if I can dampen my hair and put in my styling product in the morning.

I know what you mean. My hair routine this winter is all about how cold it is outside ad how far away I parked my car. If I can quickly run to my car in about 2 minutes then I will wet my hair in the morning. If not then it's puff city!

My hair looks its best when it gets some water on it. It drinks everything I put on it

Attachments

• image-814345589.jpg
    image-814345589.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 95

krissyhair

I haven't been very active in this thread because my wash and go is so easy. I'm on autopilot, even with this freezing, dry air.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried a different technique. I call it rake and shake:lol: i used beyond the zone noodelhead as my leave in and used crystal ecostyler gel as my styler. I diluted the ecostyler and that made it easier to work with. My hair took longer to dry though. Then i diffused until the outside was dry and sat under the hooded dryer to dry the roots.

It gave me more shrinkage than jewejewbees method but it gave me chunkier look which i prefer but my hair is not super defined. It was also faster to do.i think this will be my method from now on! Ill save jewejewebees method for special occasions or when i want to show off more length.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Pics of my last wng. It lasted 7 days. My styler of choice was goddess curls.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150117_230119.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150117_230119.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 87
  • ForumRunner_20150117_230138.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150117_230138.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20150117_230205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150117_230205.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20150117_230225.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150117_230225.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

LadyRaider

Tried something new just because I can't help myself. Actually these items were in my closet. Ulta in my town NEVER has the samples/incentives they advertise, so they always hand me ouidad stuff.

So this morning I used Ouidad Co-wash, Then the Moisture Lock Leave-In, and then the Heat and Humidity gel.

I probably used too much of the leave in. Maybe too much gel. Shrinkage is a bit more than I'm used to. Worked okay though.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 80
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Tried something new just because I can't help myself. Actually these items were in my closet. Ulta in my town NEVER has the samples/incentives they advertise, so they always hand me ouidad stuff. So this morning I used Ouidad Co-wash, Then the Moisture Lock Leave-In, and then the Heat and Humidity gel. I probably used too much of the leave in. Maybe too much gel. Shrinkage is a bit more than I'm used to. Worked okay though.
I love Ouidad products but they are so 'spensive. I'm a PJ so I actually have all of these products except the gel in my stash. How do you like the gel?

LadyRaider

I love Ouidad products but they are so 'spensive. I'm a PJ so I actually have all of these products except the gel in my stash. How do you like the gel?

I am just learning how to use gels. I usually just leave in conditioner. I thought my hair was frizzier than when I used Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha. But the curls were pretty, if a bit more shrunken.

I do not have any "crunch" with the Ouidad Gel. I did with CJPP. However, I learned yesterday watching you tube videos that you're supposed to "scrunch" your hair after applying gel and that prevents the crunchiness. I do not know if the scrunching would have helped with the Curl Junkie product.

I swear on a stack of bibles I have NEVER purchased the gel or the moisturizer. Ulta gives it to me. They will have an advertisement saying, "Buy this and you get this free gift." Only they never have the free gift. (eyeroll) So they give me Ouidad gel or Moisture Lock. I don't ask for it, either. That's just what they seem to have a bunch of to pass out. :lol: I have a good amount too! I also have a couple of the sample size of the Deep Treatment.

I did purchase the Co-Wash. I like it a lot. But it's pretty expensive.

Last edited:

BillsBackerz67

Ok so hydrolyzed Wheat protein doesn't do a damn thing for my hair. Kept wondering why I wasnt seeing or feeling a difference after using the keracare super reconstructor.

Went and picked up the Joico Kpak super penetrating reconstructor and BAM...got the results that I wanted. Curls were popping today. I followed the directions to a T left it on only for 5 minutes no heat, just a plastic cap. I'll prob do this treatment once a week for the next month. After the fact I used Wen Sunmer Coconut Mango conditioner and the Wen Pomegranate Styling cream as a leave in. Scrunched a little bit of ampro protein gel in after it was almost dry and diffused on cool.

Attachments

• image-959415129.jpg
    image-959415129.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 102

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Today's hair used curls line goddess curls.

Attachments

• image-875545037.jpg
    image-875545037.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1237351427.jpg
    image-1237351427.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3021816959.jpg
    image-3021816959.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 65

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Ok so hydrolyzed Wheat protein doesn't do a damn thing for my hair. Kept wondering why I wasnt seeing or feeling a difference after using the keracare super reconstructor.

Went and picked up the Joico Kpak super penetrating reconstructor and BAM...got the results that I wanted. Curls were popping today. I followed the directions to a T left it on only for 5 minutes no heat, just a plastic cap. I'll prob do this treatment once a week for the next month. After the fact I used Wen Sunmer Coconut Mango conditioner and the Wen Pomegranate Styling cream as a leave in. Scrunched a little bit of ampro protein gel in after it was almost dry and diffused on cool.

Ummmm hey ma'am quick question...did I already add you to my hate list? Just wondering bc if not you're added! Your hair is so freaking gorgeous and look at that fullness I'm sooooo jelly.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sooo i was supposed to do a flexirod set this weeke d but my kids are sick so when I washed I just cowashed with wen and threw some black Jamaican castor oil in my hair. Here's my wash n go ladies...again I know I'm not in this challenge but every time I do a wash n go I have this compelling feeling to post it here.

ForumRunner_20150119_090145.jpg

ForumRunner_20150119_090105.jpg

ForumRunner_20150119_090058.jpg

BillsBackerz67

Sooo i was supposed to do a flexirod set this weeke d but my kids are sick so when I washed I just cowashed with wen and threw some black Jamaican castor oil in my hair. Here's my wash n go ladies...again I know I'm not in this challenge but every time I do a wash n go I have this compelling feeling to post it here.

Thank you! Your hair is gorg :kiss: it seems full because of thst Kpak treatment lol. What wen do you use?

pattyr5

For some reason my WNG have been coming out better since being in Georgia. I have done nothing differently, in fact I have done less to my hair but I have liked it even more than when at home and even got 3 days out of my hair.

Attachments

• image-1245798269.jpg
    image-1245798269.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 68

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions

Attachments

• image-225038645.jpg
    image-225038645.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3888118091.jpg
    image-3888118091.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

bronzephoenix

For some reason my WNG have been coming out better since being in Georgia. I have done nothing differently, in fact I have done less to my hair but I have liked it even more than when at home and even got 3 days out of my hair.

Georgia water is the truth.

LadyRaider

I tried the ouidad again. I used less moisture lock and less of the gel. I mean I didn't so much section... just spread it in my hands and then on my hair on the two sides and the back.

I forgot to scrunch out the crunch. But otherwise I think it turned out even better. Less poof.