Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

natural_one

I didnt go through the whole thread but my holy grail of wash and go's is a mixture of Shea Moisture curling enhancing smoothie and Kinky Curly...I scoop out a 1/8 of cup of both (have a TWA so I dont need much) and mix together in a separate container and rake through...My hair has never been as shiny and well defined as it does after applying plus its soft to the touch and last 5 days or more..3 days in counting in the pic

Attachments

• image-2391163665.jpg
    image-2391163665.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

krissyhair

Cowashed, M&S today and diffused on warm heart, high speed.

But my hair is doing the lasagna/pasta salad thing where it gets better the more time passes. It was aight this morning. It's cute now.

Rain20

I recently tried Miss Jessie's Coily custard. It has agave, pectin, carrageenan, coconut oil, and glycerin in it. It's has a liquid gel like texture. It's reminds me of Curls Goddess Curls with slightly more hold. It's not drying. No strong scent to it either. If anyone is still looking for a gel with hold without being drying this might be worth a try.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I recently tried Miss Jessie's Coily custard. It has agave, pectin, carrageenan, coconut oil, and glycerin in it. It's has a liquid gel like texture. It's reminds me of Curls Goddess Curls with slightly more hold. It's not drying. No strong scent to it either. If anyone is still looking for a gel with hold without being drying this might be worth a try.

I like it as well. Very good gel

Karmi

Anyone here like Camille Rose's curl maker?

Love that stuff! But I'm reserving it for the warmer weather. You can't be too heavy with it or it will flake and feel sticky.

Here's my results using CM curl maker.

image-1763862359.jpg

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Love that stuff! But I'm reserving it for the warmer weather. You can't be too heavy with it or it will flake and feel sticky. Here's my results using CM curl maker.
I tried CM Curl Maker and it flaked like crazy...maybe I was too heavy-handed. I really liked the grapefruit-like smell. I gave it away to my DGD. Might have to give it another shot if here's any left in the bottle

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I detangled in only two sections today (in a rush). When I got out of the shower, in two sections, I applied wet line xtreme gel along the length of my hair. I twisted my hair up (like bantu knots, still in 2 sections) and clipped it up while I got dressed. I took out the clips after I was dressed, shook my hair loose, and then smoothed it back into a bun so that I could run a few errands. When I got back, I took down my bun and fluffed my hair out. I really like my hair today. My hair seems to hang more when I use less sections. I had a lions mane when I stepped out of the shower :lol:

extra fluffy

ok, I'm done spamming the thread now lol

pattyr5

I detangled in only two sections today (in a rush). When I got out of the shower, in two sections, I applied wet line xtreme gel along the length of my hair. I twisted my hair up (like bantu knots, still in 2 sections) and clipped it up while I got dressed. I took out the clips after I was dressed, shook my hair loose, and then smoothed it back into a bun so that I could run a few errands. When I got back, I took down my bun and fluffed my hair out. I really like my hair today. My hair seems to hang more when I use less sections. I had a lions mane when I stepped out of the shower :lol: extra fluffy ok, I'm done spamming the thread now lol

Do you use and hair ties or scrunchies when you put your hair in buns? I've been wanting to try a similar method but don't want any weird creases in my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Here is a damp wash n go. I wish my hair would stay at this length instead of shrinking up so much. I need more growing to do! Also i started a new instagram Saloncoils please follow me and i will follow you!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Here is a damp wash n go. I wish my hair would stay at this length instead of shrinking up so much. I need more growing to do! Also i started a new instagram Saloncoils please follow me and i will follow you!

Napp I don't have an instagram account, but I will be checking your instagram and new blog regularly :3

krissyhair

During this challenge I learned that diffusing is the way to get the lengthy, stretched out curls look. But air drying is the healthier way.

pattyr5

Today I watched the videos on the Jane Carter website and used the Wrap Foam and Curl Defining Cream the way they recommended, but I still find the products a bit drying. Next time I will use a very thick leave in with that combo.

Attachments

• image-3057489252.jpg
    image-3057489252.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54

oneastrocurlie

First wash and go in a month since I've been in marley twists. My hair was mushy while washing and conditioning but that was expected since I haven't used protein in a month. So I used a good dose of protein but now my hair is a twinge dry/crunchy. I suspect the Lottabody Curl and Style Milk. It's the only new thing I used. Wasn't a fan of the smell either.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I found a jar of long aid buried in my closet. I gave finger detangling a try today and my curls are extra springy:

wet results :

mostly dry:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I picked up some new gels this weekend. I got smooth 'n shine polishing argan power 10 nourishing styling gel and miss Jessie's original jelly soft curls hair gel. I used the smooth 'n shine gel on Saturday it wasn't very gel like more of a cream and it had a soft scent. My hair didn't get crunchy. I will use it again. I used the miss Jessie's this morning. It has a strong scent that reminds me of fabric softener. Not a big deal to me as smells don't really bother me. I liked the way it went on I didn't have to manipulate my hair very much my curls popped immediately. It seems to be drying with a little crunch which my be due to me not using a leave in this morning. I will definitely retry with a leave in. image-3174223049.jpg image-3187918786.jpg Hair Saturday

image-2714424773.jpg

Hair today

Attachments

• image-1006275079.jpg
    image-1006275079.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3588511603.jpg
    image-3588511603.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I picked up some new gels this weekend. I got smooth 'n shine polishing argan power 10 nourishing styling gel and miss Jessie's original jelly soft curls hair gel. I used the smooth 'n shine gel on Saturday it wasn't very gel like more of a cream and it had a soft scent. My hair didn't get crunchy. I will use it again. I used the miss Jessie's this morning. It has a strong scent that reminds me of fabric softener. Not a big deal to me as smells don't really bother me. I liked the way it went on I didn't have to manipulate my hair very much my curls popped immediately. It seems to be drying with a little crunch which my be due to me not using a leave in this morning. I will definitely retry with a leave in. Hair Saturday Hair today
pictures with green are from Saturday pictures with grey top are from today. App was not cooperating with me.

GGsKin

I picked up some new gels this weekend. I got smooth 'n shine polishing argan power 10 nourishing styling gel and miss Jessie's original jelly soft curls hair gel. I used the smooth 'n shine gel on Saturday it wasn't very gel like more of a cream and it had a soft scent. My hair didn't get crunchy. I will use it again. I used the miss Jessie's this morning. It has a strong scent that reminds me of fabric softener. Not a big deal to me as smells don't really bother me. I liked the way it went on I didn't have to manipulate my hair very much my curls popped immediately. It seems to be drying with a little crunch which my be due to me not using a leave in this morning. I will definitely retry with a leave in. View attachment 296563 View attachment 296565 Hair Saturday

View attachment 296571

Hair today

Your hair looks nice and full and your curls look well defined. Especially in the first pic.

BillsBackerz67

Going for a deva cut on Friday. I STAY cutting my hair but it's still not the shape I want :lol: this will be my first time getting my hair cut dry curl by curl. The lady I researched has nothing but excellent reviews, and I'm confident she'll do a great job. Her name is Angela Hicks and she's at the Michael Flores Salon located in Dallas. I'm getting box braids for vacation the 28th so either way I won't be screwed if I don't like the outcome.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I used a new leave in and gel. I used image intrakera deep penetrating leave in and curls botanical gel. I LOVE the results i got with the intrakera leave in. Honestly i felt as if i didnt even need the gel. It made my wash n go process less than 10 minutes from wash to go! This is definitely a staple. I will be buying the liter size!

atlien11

Going for a deva cut on Friday. I STAY cutting my hair but it's still not the shape I want :lol: this will be my first time getting my hair cut dry curl by curl. The lady I researched has nothing but excellent reviews, and I'm confident she'll do a great job. Her name is Angela Hicks and she's at the Michael Flores Salon located in Dallas. I'm getting box braids for vacation the 28th so either way I won't be screwed if I don't like the outcome.

BillsBackerz67 Can you @ me when you review your deva cut? I have been doing some serious research on going to the one in NYC but it would be great to hear a fresh review from one of our own here at LHCF. Im scared to do it but I think I'm going to try it in march once NYC warms up a tad.