Face Break Out if Relaxer OverDue????

Hey, I have a qq... does anyone experience break out in your forehead if you dont get relaxer on time due. It happens to me alot when I waited too long over the relaxer due, my face break out so i went to salon to get a touch up then my face stops breaking out and the ance were gone. :ohwell: :wallbash: How can I prevent from breaking out if over due? urggggg!!!!

Tarae

No. How does your forehead know when you're due, anyway?
Do you have bangs? Use a new product that could irritate your face?

Prevent it by relaxing "on time".

longhairlover

I thought it was just me. I am now using RX sold at sephora it's made by a black dermatologist for brown skin. it has really helped my skin to clear up. and i am 6 mths post. but normally i will break out on my forehead and by my side burns.

soulie

Okay, do you wear bangs AND use something extra-moisturizing and greasy when you stretch, but not on a fresh relaxer? Perhaps you are having a reaction to some product you apply when stretching.

shmmr

Perhaps the breaking out is not related to needing a relaxer. Do you change product when you need a relaxer? If so, maybe thats the problem. Or maybe you've got product buildup in your hair that gets onto your forehead - is the hairdresser (or are you) clarifing only when you relax? Or perhaps its hormones (monthly visitor)?? Some people think stress can contribute to acne, do you stress over needing a relaxer?

Just some ideas.

candy1214

Put the relaxer on your forehead instead of your hair.

:brainy: cichelle you are a GENIUS!

correlation = causation :lachen:

Does the sight of new growth make you stress about your appearance, thus causing the pimples?
OP, I assure you that the acne has nothing to do w/ the new growth. Just find a good skin cleansing, toning and moisturizing product to help with the breakouts.

msa

Okay, do you wear bangs AND use something extra-moisturizing and greasy when you stretch, but not on a fresh relaxer? Perhaps you are having a reaction to some product you apply when stretching.

This what I was going to say.

When your relaxer is "overdue" (what does that mean anyway? really) do you use more products or different products in order to make your hair easier to manage? That may be the problem.

Pocahonta_s

I agree with everyone else and don’t think the relaxer would have anything to do with break-outs… I’ve stretched my relaxers for 12 months and never had any issues – if at all, the relaxer should be the thing that your skin might react negatively to, not the opposite. But a new/different hair product that you use to stretch would be a very sensible explanation. Maybe you start putting too much product as you feel that your relaxer is overdue?

vkb247

Please don't take this the wrong way OP...

If people broke out when they "needed" a relaxer than naturals would all have horrible skin.

Something to think about.

Anna9764

Hey, I have a qq... does anyone experience break out in your forehead if you dont get relaxer on time due. It happens to me alot when I waited too long over the relaxer due, my face break out so i went to salon to get a touch up then my face stops breaking out and the ance were gone. :ohwell: :wallbash: How can I prevent from breaking out if over due? urggggg!!!!
deafprincess I feel your pain :yep: and have had this problem for years. Excellent thread. I wear french braids and get them done every 2 weeks but i've always had this problem when in need of a relaxer. I just keep my skin clean as possible and moisturize religiously. I'm also trying my hand at stretching so i'll just bite the bullet :wallbash: and will check this thread on occassion for tops as well. Responding to some of the other responses it may not be so much as break-outs but my clean clears up in a beautiful glow after I relax. Different things re-act differently on different people. Great thread OP.....Anna

Anna9764

typo....my skin clears up after I relax. Those that don't get have this problem lucky you, wish I didn't I could stretch longer.

luckiestdestiny

I thought it was just me. I am now using RX sold at sephora it's made by a black dermatologist for brown skin. it has really helped my skin to clear up. and i am 6 mths post. but normally i will break out on my forehead and by my side burns.

Hijacking thread for a sec. Are you talking about the "brown skin" line? What products do you use from it and what do you think of it besides the acne products for keeping the skin even toned and clear? I was thinking of getting some of the products myself. Thanks! You can pm me if you don't want to take the thread in another direction.

msa

typo....my skin clears up after I relax. Those that don't get have this problem lucky you, wish I didn't I could stretch longer.

Do you seriously believe that relaxing your hair after a long stretch really clears up your break out? I mean, really?

Come on now people. We all have common sense. It does not make any sense that not applying a caustic straightening chemical to your scalp for an extended period of time would cause you to break out on your face...and then once you do apply it your break outs clear up.

Does the relaxer runoff touch your face at any point? If it doesn't, how does it miraculously clear up a facial skin issue?

I've heard of some crazy things on the hair board, but this one takes the cake.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I agree with everyone else and don’t think the relaxer would have anything to do with break-outs… I’ve stretched my relaxers for 12 months and never had any issues – if at all, the relaxer should be the thing that your skin might react negatively to, not the opposite. But a new/different hair product that you use to stretch would be a very sensible explanation. Maybe you start putting too much product as you feel that your relaxer is overdue?

Sounds like a good theory to me....:look:

chebaby

maybe its the products you use once you are past a certain post relaxer date. some members use heavier products the more post relaxer they are. could it be that?

Anna9764

Thats sounds logical chebaby, I think it has to do with products put in the hair when the relaxer is needed and when the hair is straight and shampooed the skin clears up. Thanks for all the positive in-put. Anna ......Great thread OP

Same thing is happening to me, but I think it's because I'm stretching in order to get a touch-up right before my anniversary and I have NO IDEA what to do to my 4asdfghjklbreakacombandslapyomama hair so I am loading up on product.

It seems the most likely culprit is product, maybe some stress and maybe some monthly visitor.