Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

My twist n' curl that is growing as I take these pics lol.
187d8964-4f14-bf2e.jpg
187d8964-4f28-86c4.jpg

ms.blue

Pretty hair! I see you got that blue black.

@Poohbear,
The only products I used before I flatironing were ors creamy aloe shampoo, dc megatek for protein, one n only hydrating mask mixed w/ silk amino acids and honeyquat.. I airdried in bantu twists and applied the keracare satin press and the moroccanoil. I applied olive oil to my ends and wrapped my hair. This is the first time not using a blowdryer or a leave-in before or after my flatironing and the results left me w/ sleeker and moisturized hair.

Wait so you shampoo your hair, then put the dc megatek on (as in this product:????? http://www.eqyss.com/mega_tek2.asp), then you wash that out? and apply the one n only hyrdating mask? Than wash that out? How long do you leave the megatek on and how long do you leave the one n only hydrating mask on?

Harina, thank you

I left the megatek for maybe 15 min using a heating cap and used the hydrating mask for maybe 2 hours (one hour w/ heat and one hour w/o heat). I needed protein so I used the megatek and it worked out fine. My hair responds better to hydrolyzed keratin protein better than collegen or hydrolyzed animal protein. This why I hate flatironing my hair b/c all the steps I do to get my hair prepared to flatiron. It takes me 3 hours to flatiron which is a major improvement.

S/N: I always get asked if I dye my hair b/c of how black and shiny it can get. Lol

Last edited:
Ok, so I tried doing the pineapple thing last night, and this morning when I took my hair down it actually worked! My hair was still neat and frizz free and for once the curls weren't all weird and stretched looking like they used to get when I did the pineapple in the past.

But then last night when I had my hair up in the pineapple I was thinking, hmmm, this actually looks cute. I could wear this outside. So this morning, I put my hair back up in the pineapple, but slightly lower and I tightened up the ponytail holder a bit. And here are the results! Will probably be wearing my hair like this for the next few days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this makes me HOLD on and not relax!!!!!!!!!!! you hair is:love:

Yesterday I tried a braidout with the flat twist headband. You can't really see the definition in the pic, but this is my first time doing a relatively neat flat twist.

I set my hair using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and African Royale Braid Spray on dry hair the night before with about 12 braids.

Attachments

• P9080649a.jpg
    P9080649a.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 202
Yesterday I tried a braidout with the flat twist headband. You can't really see the definition in the pic, but this is my first time doing a relatively neat flat twist.

I set my hair using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and African Royale Braid Spray on dry hair the night before with about 12 braids.

Gorgeous!:grin:

I relaxed today after an 11 month stretch. During that time I wore protective styles and flat ironed maybe once a month and dusted. My pixie is growing out nicely. I'm slowing liking my hair a little better :)
th_IMG02070-20110910-1349.jpg

th_IMG02072-20110910-1350.jpg

th_IMG02075-20110910-1350.jpg

Very pretty:yep:

Just finished flat twisting the front with claudies isha. Hoping for another magical twist out in the am lol

625e05e2-2a5c-b59d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

braidout today for the houston meet up .. GREAT TIME LADIES !!

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110910_7.jpg
    Snapshot_20110910_7.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 143
i did a braid out earlier today. results turned out ok. the kinks in the back never hold as good as the ones in the front cause they're thicker, so it always looks a bit off.
IMG03596-20110911-2213.jpg

IMG03602-20110911-2215.jpg

but judging from the length in the second pic, do yall think i can make bsl by the end of the year?

eta: o yea, cam quality sucks =/

KCcurly can u give us more details on ur braidout? products? etc? It looks so pretty. Your hair is so long and lush now! Did u take down your hair blog? If not may I have the link? TIA

Back