My crazzzy 22wk post hair.. Pics, Pics, Pics

aquajoyice

Happy Sunday ladies,

I took pics of my crazy hair yesterday after a long night of detangling. I sat on my counter in front of the bathroom mirror detangling piece by piece with coconut oil and putting in two strand twist afterwards. I then gathered all of my twist and bunned them, tied with a scarf and slept on it. These are my results after removing them the morning after. I took a pic of one side brushed with a wet boar bristle and the other in it's nappy state to show the difference before and after :)

I've never seen my hair this BIG in my life so I thought i'd take pics and share.

It makes me tired just looking at it, LOL! :sleep:

Attachments

• 22 wks of new growth.JPG
    22 wks of new growth.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Full view.JPG
    Full view.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 161
  • G. LAW.JPG
    G. LAW.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Side view after brush.JPG
    Side view after brush.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Split View.JPG
    Split View.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's SO Purty Aqua!:grin: 22 Weeks Post!

WOW! First of all, I Seriously Commend you on Your Stretch.:up:

I thought 16 Weeks was gonna kill me.:look:

It Really Looks Nice. Thanks For Sharing. And For the Motivation.

When Are You Planning to End Your Stretch?

Did you experience many Knots/Tangles? That seem to be one of my problems even though I thought I stayed on top of regularly detangling.

At times, the two textures started to loc around one another.:nono: But I got through it. I think as it grows, it may be easier to handle.:crossfingers:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Happy Sunday ladies,

I took pics of my crazy hair yesterday after a long night of detangling. I sat on my counter in front of the bathroom mirror detangling piece by piece with coconut oil and putting in two strand twist afterwards. I then gathered all of my twist and bunned them, tied with a scarf and slept on it. These are my results after removing them the morning after. I took a pic of one side brushed with a wet boar bristle and the other in it's nappy state to show the difference before and after :)

I've never seen my hair this BIG in my life so I thought i'd take pics and share.

It makes me tired just looking at it, LOL! :sleep:

Just realized that you are stretching. Wow!

Your hair looks full, thick and long. Congratulations on coming this far. I looked in your fotki and saw that your hair at one time was in a bob that was above your shoulers,

Now, it is already down your back: thick, full and healthy! Good for you. I hope you continue to post and share photos of your journey. They are inspiring and I know that I never tire of looking at a head of thick, pretty hair! :yep:

Last edited:

aquajoyice

It's SO Purty Aqua!:grin: 22 Weeks Post!

WOW! First of all, I Seriously Commend you on Your Stretch.:up:

I thought 16 Weeks was gonna kill me.:look:

It Really Looks Nice. Thanks For Sharing. And For the Motivation.

When Are You Planning to End Your Stretch?

Did you experience many Knots/Tangles? That seem to be one of my problems even though I thought I stayed on top of regularly detangling.

At times, the two textures started to loc around one another.:nono: But I got through it. I think as it grows, it may be easier to handle.:crossfingers:
Thank-you!! Let me tell you I lost motivation like a week ago and almost threw in the towel. LOL This is my first stretch past 8 weeks and I did it on a whim. I'm going to end my stretch Oct 16 :D Just in time for my B-Day :)

The biggest challenge to is definitely the tangles and knots. OMG, I wasn't ready for it in the beginning. My hair gets soo matted and starts to loc around itself, very very scary. I did my research on Youtube and found a method that helps a lot,
http://www.youtube.com/user/marand313#play/uploads/10/VLlGwtd4w_s

She has a method where she just pulls the knots apart with her fingers and detangles without using a comb. I find the this helps me tremendously becuase a comb sometimes made the tangles worse and pulled out more hair than if I went through and did it with my fingers. That alone got me through these past few months otherwise i'd be rocking dreads right now, LOL!

I think that from here on out i'll be stretching between 4-5 months. And i'll wear my hair out more in the beginning instead of protective styling after the 2nd month. I really miss my hair. But I know the overall health is my motivation at this point.

aquajoyice

Just realized that you are stretching. Wow!

Your hair looks full, thick and long. Congratulations on coming this far. I looked in your fotki and saw that your hair at one time was in a bob that was above your shoulers,

Now, it is already down your back: thick, full and healthy! Good for you. I hope you continue to post and share photos of your journey. They are inspiring and I know that I never tire of looking at a head of thick, pretty hair! :yep:
Thank-you Chicoro!!! It means a lot considering your one of my hairspirations (my new word) This is such a learning experiance I hope that I can inspire someone someday. And i'll be posting lots of pics at the end of my stretch and then my results after the texlax :)

WantNatural

Congratulations on making it 22 weeks! I am 23 weeks post right now, and I did the same thing you did. I have not stretched for longer than 8 weeks, at least in recent memory, and I decided to transition of all things! Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have taken longer stretches - 10 weeks, 16 weeks, 6 months, and then decided if I wanted to transition. But like you I'm either all in or out! It's been an adventure and although I get really frustrated sometimes I'm learning a lot about my hair, and it's growing healthier with each week. I wish you the absolute best on the rest of your stretch! Please post pics after you relax so we can see the fruit of all of your labor!

bestblackgirl

Wow I'm amazed. I'll be 13 wks post on wednesday of a 30 wks strectch. Whenever I feel like giving up I'll come to ur thread to inspire and motivate me. Thanx. U look like u'll be about BSL once u relax. (my hair want to be like u when it grows up in about 4 months)

Lovestyr

Congrats on the stretch!!!!! I am going for a 24 week stretch this time around and I am only 8 weeks post so far. I went to my stylist on Friday and got my hair straightended so I am doing great so far.

aquajoyice

Thank-you, wantNatural!! Yeah your right all or nothing, LOL! That is me all day :) I've been considering going natural throughout the stretch but i'm still on the fence. I do miss the ease of detangling when freshly texlaxed. Although I know one day i'll get the nerve to go all the way.

I'm going to post pics right before I texlax, then texlaxed wet and straightened. So you guys can see the final results, I'll be texlaxing on Oct 16!!

aquajoyice

Wow I'm amazed. I'll be 13 wks post on wednesday of a 30 wks strectch. Whenever I feel like giving up I'll come to ur thread to inspire and motivate me. Thanx. U look like u'll be about BSL once u relax. (my hair want to be like u when it grows up in about 4 months)
Thank-you!! I was BSL before I started this stretch :) All of the shrinkage makes it really hard to tell. My hair can shrink up to APL but when stretched should be a few inches past BSL. I should have stretched it so you guys could see the current length, I was so exhausted after detangling I completely forgot to do it.

aquajoyice

Congrats on the stretch!!!!! I am going for a 24 week stretch this time around and I am only 8 weeks post so far. I went to my stylist on Friday and got my hair straightended so I am doing great so far.
You can do it! And getting it straightened it a good way to keep your mind off of the fact that your stretching. I started wearing protective styles a little to early so I felt doomed from the start ;) But i'm almost at the finish line