Empress Hair Products

candibaby

Has anyone here ever tried Empress hair products? I went to their website a couple weeks ago because I kept seeing their ads in Black Hair Sophisiticate, and today I got some samples of their conditioning Shampoo and Moisture Retainer (leave in) [boy they were stingy!
]

Anyway, I looked up the ingredients of the Moisture Retainer because I need a good leave in conditioner {they weren't listed on the sample}, and the ingredients are okay, the whole petrolatum thing kind of tips me off, but the biotin and wheat germ protein makes up for it, don't you think?

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Emulsifying Wax NF, Lanolin Oil, Wheat Germ Protein, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Biotin, Methylparaben..."

Tracy

Adding: but I just realized that all of the good stuff is at the END of the ingriedent list...which means there isn't much of any of it in the actual product.

That would have been a deal breaker for me. I'd haveleft it on the shelf. But it is a sample! So - it can't hurt to try it!

candibaby

Actually the "wax" doesn't bother me.

"Emulsifying wax is a staple ingredient in lotionmaking, combining oil and water. This ready to use combination of cetearyl alcohol and polysorbate 60 creates a stable emulsion without the need for secondary emulsifiers. Can be heated to 150°C without affecting emulsion properties. "

Lanolin doesn't bother me either, it's a fatty oil taken from sheep.

I don't know! I guess we'll find out tomorrow after I wash my hair.

Tracy

I know what they are...I just knowfrom experience with my particular hair that both ingredients are too heavy on me. That knowledge plus all the good stuff being at the end of the list, and I would pass. But that's me.

Good luck!

genesis

I have had the shampoo and leave in retainer for a while. It's been on my shelf collecting dust, I am so hooked on Elucence and Dominican products that these products have taken a back seat. I use the conditoner every once in a blue moon when I need something for my ends, and I don't have anything else. Other than that I don't think these products are all that good.

candibaby

thanks. im gonna try it (1) cause it's a sample and i'll never know unless i try (2) because i'm trying to find a good leave in anyway.

Mija

Exotical OG
I used the pomade once and ended up throwing it away- it's too heavy and sticky. I didnt like the leave-in either.

Kha

I also received my samples today. I was wondering what ingredients were in this stuff (thanks for posting!). I have a problem with the petroleum, wax, and proplene glycol. So, I guess I'll be giving my samples away. Did you get the shampoo sample too?

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
had samples:
Shampoo

leave-in

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thumbs down to both huh? Don't you have natural hair Anky?

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
I also received my samples today. I was wondering what ingredients were in this stuff (thanks for posting!). I have a problem with the petroleum, wax, and proplene glycol. So, I guess I'll be giving my samples away. Did you get the shampoo sample too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the shampoo too. Actually the wax isn't actually a "wax", it's just used to combine the oil and water. I just looked up the Propylene Glycol-- I didn't know it could irritate your skin! Guess I'll be using a little Humectress as a leave in until I get to the store to buy one!

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the shampoo too. Actually the wax isn't actually a "wax", it's just used to combine the oil and water. I just looked up the Propylene Glycol-- I didn't know it could irritate your skin! Guess I'll be using a little Humectress as a leave in until I get to the store to buy one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay...and the propylene glycol is on my top 10 ingredients to avoid list, so I use very little of it or make sure it's far down on the ingredient list.