ANYONE MIX EMERGENCEE WITH

tryingto

some other conditioner,I did a prepoo, with humectress, and added emergencee, left it with a heat cap, for 30 mins, when I rinsed out, my hair felt horrible, I then clarified,followed ,with CON, that helped, conditioned with humectress again, then rinsed, followed with vo5, that gave me the smooth silky feel, I was looking for, prior to all of this I had taken out cornrows, that were 2 weeks old, I may not have gotten out all of my tangles very well either,I had some shedding, during combout, I usually do not, this morning, my hair is soft, I airdryed, no shedding, I am currently 10weeks post,

Tiffchelle22

Re: ANYONE MIX EMGENCEE WITH

I don't mix it with anything, but after I wash it out, I use the Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie shampoo and do a DC with heat to restore moisture and give me that silky feel. It does work really well at stopping my shedding and breakage; I have been pleased with it so far.

NeeSee

I tried that before but it didn't work. It seems like the emergencee seperated from the product or just sat on top of the conditioner.

longhairluva

I tried to mix it before and it was a mess. It does seem to seperate itself and just sit there. I will never do it again.

tryingto

thank you to all who responded, I will not be doing it again,:nono: in fact I think I will deep condition again this evening, just to make sure no damage has been done,

toniy

would it work better if the conditioner was put on first and then emergencee.

E is kinda honey like and it seems that it would sit on something else but nothing could stay on top of it.

*I know I sounded crazy, but I understood:yep:*

longhairluva

E is kinda honey like and it seems that it would sit on something else but nothing could stay on top of it.

I have to do my conditioner after because heavy protein treatements dry my hair out.

ETA: I reread your post and see i didn't answer you. I place my conditioner on first and the two just don't mix. It was also hard for me to wash the mixture out of my hair.

Last edited:

tryingto

actually the other conditioner was placed on first, I think it was proberly not meant to be mixed, at least not on my hair:yawn:

ubavka123

I would not recommend this. I love emergencee on its on, but when I called myself being a kitchen chemist and mixed it up with another (moisturizing) conditioner, it was a disaster! The mixture became a gooey, glue-like mess which I did not notice until I had to rinse it out of my hair. I had glue-like little balls in my hair which were a pain to rinse out. Save yourself the trouble!

Sirens_Song

It also seems like 30 mins with heat is an awfully long time to have emergencee on your hair! Did your hair feel hard or stiff and dry when you washed it out??

I'm glad you didn't suffer any real damage!

hondahoney007

My stylist puts the elucence deep condition on my hair then adds the emergencee right on top of that. She works the combo thru my hair. I then sit under the dryer for 15mins with a plastic cap on. Afterwards, she rinses both out of my hair then adds a shampoo rinse to my hair. My hair feels very soft and detangled.