Emergencee' being discontnued??!

metalkitty

Morning ladies, I don't want to cause a scare or anything but I've noticed that I can't find Nexxus Emergencee' at places that used to sell it like Walmart and Target... I don't even want to think about it being gone :nono:, it's one of the few protein treatments that work on me, a board favorite, and has been around forever.... I guess I'll email Nexxus and ask what's up since I'm sure it's still on the site since beauty companies take forever to update their sites often. Anyways I'll update when I get a response from Nexxus.

charmtreese

Yeah, I think it is. I work at a nonprofit and we got a crap load of nexxus products that are being discontinued. However, I got my "fringe benefits" on so I have enough to last me for a long while!!!:look:

Nonie

Say what???? Can't imagine life w/o Emergencee!

This takes me back to the days when I was determined to find hair, skin, body balms/nourishment in my kitchen. Many thought I was suffering from paranoia when I pointed out that we were at the mercy of the product manufacturers and needed to take back that power. But now see, I wasn't far off, was I?

My thinking was "In the last days, not only will product formulas be changing in favor of ones that don't work as well as the old formulas, but worse still, the products would completely disappear off the shelves, like a sort of Rapture." I was on a mission to stop being dependent on cosmetic companies who, in their selfishness, make changes without consulting with us consumers. I was so gonn' show them that I can do bad by my damn self! LOL But the were craftier than me. They dangled Emergencee, and there was Aubrey Organics GPB, and all the moisturizing conditioners I have now in my stash right over my nose. And like a drug, they kept calling me till I succumbed and became a junkie. :nono:

Now I see the "apocalypse" is upon us.... Perhaps it's time to return to my kitchen lab and see if I can't conjure up the art of self-sufficiency.

YoungWavey

Ibeautyny.com has what look like a "New" version AloXXi Polymedic
This polymeric reconstructor repairs and strengthens hopelessly damaged hair. A
renewing blend of Polymers, Elastins, Amino Acids and Collagen creates an internal
framework within the hair shaft to restore integrity. Use once every two weeks to
structurally reinforce chemically damaged or thermally abused hair. Each treatment
will dramatically improve hair's condition and shine.

PuffyBrown

Ibeautyny.com has what look like a "New" version AloXXi Polymedic
This polymeric reconstructor repairs and strengthens hopelessly damaged hair. A
renewing blend of Polymers, Elastins, Amino Acids and Collagen creates an internal
framework within the hair shaft to restore integrity. Use once every two weeks to
structurally reinforce chemically damaged or thermally abused hair. Each treatment
will dramatically improve hair's condition and shine.

This is what I use too. It is a little pricey but worth it.

Irresistible

:lachen: :lachen: @ a Rapture!

lmao@ this whole dramatic post! girl u crack me up

But you be right , oh to be totally self sufficient with hair care, and be a PJ no more! would be so glorious with tons of miserable withdrawals!

Say what???? Can't imagine life w/o Emergencee!

This takes me back to the days when I was determined to find hair, skin, body balms/nourishment in my kitchen. Many thought I was suffering from paranoia when I pointed out that we were at the mercy of the product manufacturers and needed to take back that power. But now see, I wasn't far off, was I?

My thinking was "In the last days, not only will product formulas be changing in favor of ones that don't work as well as the old formulas, but worse still, the products would completely disappear off the shelves, like a sort of Rapture." I was on a mission to stop being dependent on cosmetic companies who, in their selfishness, make changes without consulting with us consumers. I was so gonn' show them that I can do bad by my damn self! LOL But the were craftier than me. They dangled Emergencee, and there was Aubrey Organics GPB, and all the moisturizing conditioners I have now in my stash right over my nose. And like a drug, they kept calling me till I succumbed and became a junkie. :nono:

Now I see the "apocalypse" is upon us.... Perhaps it's time to return to my kitchen lab and see if I can't conjure up the art of self-sufficiency.

LABETT

Walmart had it on the sale rack for $7 Bucks the first of the year and I bought some to keep in my stash.
I heard it was marked down to $ 3 Bucks a few days later but all was gone when I went back to the store.
I mostly use Dudley DRC 28 for my protein tx so I would probably be able to give up the Emergencee,never really use it consistently to tell if it works on my hair.

fluffylocks

Even if, isnt this the same product with almost the same or identical ingredients as Elasta Qp breakage controll serum?

Off to look

Nevermind, that was Eluence---good to know its not cancled...Like Cream of Nature (*ANGRY*)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I hope some form of nexxus emergencee is still out for purchase..i don't like aphogee too much..the smell gets to me. For those who used Aloxxi..does it work just like emergencee?

Here is the repsonse from Nexxus.

Dear Ms. D-----s,

Thank you for contacting Nexxus Salon Hair Care regarding your interest in our company and its products. We are happy to supply you with the information that you have requested.

We are happy to inform you we are not discontinuing our Nexxus Emergencee. Generally, large retailers such as Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Albertson's, Osco Drugs, Kroger, Winn Dixie, HEB, WalMart, Kmart, Target, Meijers, Publix, Ulta Cosmetics, and Duane Reade carry a wide variety of our products; however, they may not carry our full line. It is best to ask the Health and Beauty Aid Manager if they are able to order the product through their distribution center or you may want to order the product online. You can find many of our products on: drugstore.com, walgreens.com, cvs.com, riteaid.com, longs.com or nationwidecampus.com.

If you are still having trouble locating our Nexxus Emergencee, please contact us at (800) 444-6399, option 2. We are available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Central Standard Time.

Nonie

Thank your for sharing this response Quest4healthyhair. I was just telling Traycee in another thread that you got word that it wasn't being discontinued, although at the time I couldn't remember who did this homework for us.

Thanks for taking the time to find out. :kiss: