Elders tell DH to not take promotion..help!

Rainbow Dash

Thanks ladies and some of the people that experienced this stuff are back in the world.

Also, Im in a church. The pastor is humble and wont allow himself to be put up high. He even addresses church abuse from the pulpit. Many have come to his church. He lifts up Christ and the Word. Also, a word was spoken over him that many would come that have been bruised. And that God was going to use him to bring back the integrity of the office of a pastor. So yes, there are still real leaders out there.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

Amour

Thanks ladies for all your words of advice etc, I really appreciate it.

Its hard to comment on specific points as I'm on my phone, but I've been so blessed by this thread and the comments.

We went to church on Sunday, and it was really strange as the pastor addressed the potential move in a positive way as though he didn't say the thing before which was strange and awkard. It was though maybe he had been told he had made a mistake in what he said to us, so he just bypassed it as though nothing was wrong.

We do believe in having respect in our elders, and look to them; but to be honest he doesn't seem serious in what he is saying to us; its hard for us to rely on what he says as he doesn't come from a steady platform.

He wants to meet with us, this week or next which we may do; to express our stance; to allow us to move forward amciably.

Thanks again ladies :bighug:

Iwanthealthyhair67

brace yourself spiritually for the meeting you and DH may want to go on a short fast, go prayed up if he's unstable as you say he just might switch on you...I wish you both God's best...

Its hard to comment on specific points as I'm on my phone, but I've been so blessed by this thread and the comments.

We went to church on Sunday, and it was really strange as the pastor addressed the potential move in a positive way as though he didn't say the thing before which was strange and awkard. It was though maybe he had been told he had made a mistake in what he said to us, so he just bypassed it as though nothing was wrong.

We do believe in having respect in our elders, and look to them; but to be honest he doesn't seem serious in what he is saying to us; its hard for us to rely on what he says as he doesn't come from a steady platform.

He wants to meet with us, this week or next which we may do; to express our stance; to allow us to move forward amciably.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

Your Pastor is human and God is dealing with him in matters of his faith and the call upon his life. Pray for your Pastor's strength and for the strength of your husband. I have a 'feeling' that you and your husband have been a great inspiration to your current Pastor which is why he responded as he did earlier. He wasn't ready to say 'goodbye'. But that's all a part of life.

God's blessings are upon you. Therefore, you and Hubbie have more than enough love and grace to extend to your current Pastor to strengthen him to release you as you and Hubbie enter into the Destiny God has for you.:yep:

Amour

Your Pastor is human and God is dealing with him in matters of his faith and the call upon his life. Pray for your Pastor's strength and for the strength of your husband. I have a 'feeling' that you and your husband have been a great inspiration to your current Pastor which is why he responded as he did earlier. He wasn't ready to say 'goodbye'. But that's all a part of life.

God's blessings are upon you. Therefore, you and Hubbie have more than enough love and grace to extend to your current Pastor to strengthen him to release you as you and Hubbie enter into the Destiny God has for you.:yep:

Thanks Shimme :)

@ iwanthealthyhair67 I think we do need to have a fast about the situation and remain in constant prayer :)