Edge Control Pomades Stripping Dye??

kikisf

Hi Ladies, Hoping you can help me out with this. I am new to laying my edges and I just noticed that it seems to be stripping the dye from my edges? My greys are only at the hairline which also happens to be the most resistant, coarsest and shortest part of my hair so I really don't want to strip the hair color and dye it more often. I dye my hair with Beautiful Browns both regular and the grey control. I don't want to use peroxide because my edges can't handle it. Does anyone else have this problem? Do anyone know if there are any pomades that don't do this?
So far I have tried ORC olive oil edges control and the Creme of Nature Argan Perfect edges.
Thanks!!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Are you sure that the edge control is lifting your color? Is that a rinse or permanent color? I'm curious what ingredient would cause that if its perm color? You can look at semi perm/rinse color and it'll bleed.

I think you have new growth/virgin hair that was previously never colored coming in.

Have you considered using a natural edge control? For example, Curls Control Paste or Soultanicals Edge Bling. They cost a lil more, but don't have the chemical stuff in them that may be causing the issues.

kikisf

Are you sure that the edge control is lifting your color? Is that a rinse or permanent color? I'm curious what ingredient would cause that if its perm color? You can look at semi perm/rinse color and it'll bleed.

I think you have new growth/virgin hair that was previously never colored coming in.

Have you considered using a natural edge control? For example, Curls Control Paste or Soultanicals Edge Bling. They cost a lil more, but don't have the chemical stuff in them that may be causing the issues.

Thanks I will try the natural products you suggested. Clairol Beautiful Browns is semi-permanent dye. I used the the ORC edge pomade once and the next day my grays were popping so it wasn't new growth. I used to have a similar problem with Lets JAM! It would cause my nail polish to come off. Must be some serious chemicals in there.

faithVA

I'm not sure it's the edge control making the correct come off as much as the process to smooth it out. Does your color come off if you do the same process with something else.

I've noticed that a semi permanent just barely lays on the surface and with gray hair it really is just barely hanging on. So too much rubbing especially when wet can just rub the color right off a strand.

overtherainbow

I think if your edge control contained a large amount of honey then yes, it could lift the color. However, the ones you listed don't so it's probably the rubbing.