Type 2 hair and hair dye.

Vinyl

Anyone here with Type 2 hair dye their hair or know anything about it? SO has given me permission to dye his hair, but it's virgin hair and I don't wanna mess it up. I'd feel horrible if I picked some random dye and it all fell out. :look:

livesoundtech

I have 2b/2c hair and I've probably dyed it 40 or 50 times...

My advice is to use Revlon Colorsilk. It's the cheapest dye AND it leaves your hair in great condition. The expensive dyes are the reason my hair has been totally friend and damaged. Colorsilk works really well, in my opinion.

However, make sure not to dye his hair too often; if you must redye it, do only the roots.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions... I'm not too sure how many ladies here have type 2 hair. Is there anyone else out there??? :)

queen1908

HAIR DYE HAS RUINED MY HAIR!!! I SUGGEST LEAVING IT ALONE BECAUSE THE PRETTY HAIR COLOR IF NOT WORTH THE DAMAGE...I PROMISE!! MY HAIR IS ONLY 1/3RD THE DENSITY IT USED TO BE AND IT DOES NOT GROW AS FAST! DONT GET ME WRONG, MY HAIR WAS PRETTY IN COLOR BUT WAS HORRIBLE IN HEALTH AND IM TRYING THE GET IT BACK IN SHAPE!

I SUGGEST DOING A RINSE IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE COLOR BUT NO, I REPEAT, NO PERM COLOR!!! I TOO HAVE TYPE 2 HAIR!!!

QUEEN