Dying hair to Jet Black / Blue Black

MissFallon

artemis_e. said:
Whimsy,

I think I read in another thread somewhere that you used Revlon Colorstay. How's that working out for you?? Did you use the blue/black shade?

I thought that was a lipstick/gloss:confused: I have used colorsilk b4. It was good and not too drying. If u deep condition weekly u should b good. I used medium ash brown and got a nice brown color.

STLCoverGirl

I used Textures and Tones in Silken Black last night to get rid of some orange colored hilites I had in the front of my hair. My hair feels really moistuized and the color is what I wanted..jet black. I love the results so far!

Whimsy

I'm nervous about the color rinsing out. Say some of the color does leave when I wash next weekend (i decided to wait 2 weeks) how long would I have to wait to redye? Note: on Feb 24 I'm getting my texlax touched up.

Artemis

When I used that brand, I don't recall much color rinsing out. To be on the safe side, don't use heat when you deep condition...Or maybe you could use a rinse in between color touch ups, maybe a clear? I dunno. I'd say the next time you should color touch up is after 6wks or more.
You are texlaxing in 2 weeks, so 6 weeks should be fine. Gives you time to work on moisture/protein.

Hopefully Sistaslick can drop by and elaborate and/or correct me ;) .

prettykinks

I want to dye my hair black again. The last time I did was about 6 months ago. The ends of my hair is black and the rest is brown. Is it safe to use henna and indigo while I am pregnant?

Desert Skye

I colored my hair jet black and I received lots of compliments because of the shine. I used Feria. But I would not do it again because the color is unflattering to my skin tone. It made me look pale.

Artemis

Whimsy!!! Girl I just looked @ your pics...:eek:

Your hair is freaking GORGEOUS.

Wow is all I can say :D.

Whimsy said:
Thank you ladies for all the input. I think i'll be trying bigen next weekend. It's still safe to do henna treatments if i choose to, right?

Bumping for responses.....I'd like to know too....

Healthb4Length

STLCoverGirl said:
I used Textures and Tones in Silken Black last night to get rid of some orange colored hilites I had in the front of my hair. My hair feels really moistuized and the color is what I wanted..jet black. I love the results so far!

SO glad you mentioned this. I have 2 boxes in my closet supply waiting to be used. I love the color, lately I've been feeling JET BLACK hair, I wasn't sure if the Silken Black would be Black enough, I actually wanted Blue/Black but I couldn't find it in this brand so I got Silken Black instead. Glad it worked out for you.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
prettykinks said:
I want to dye my hair black again. The last time I did was about 6 months ago. The ends of my hair is black and the rest is brown. Is it safe to use henna and indigo while I am pregnant?

I am not sure, but I think you can! PM Khadija at Henna Sooq or go to her website. On the Mehandi.com website, Catherine says it should be fine, but always check with your doctor first. Also remember to use BODY-ART-QUALITY (BAQ) henna. Don't use the stuff in the stores unless you know for sure it is BAQ!

STLCoverGirl

Alli77 said:
SO glad you mentioned this. I have 2 boxes in my closet supply waiting to be used. I love the color, lately I've been feeling JET BLACK hair, I wasn't sure if the Silken Black would be Black enough, I actually wanted Blue/Black but I couldn't find it in this brand so I got Silken Black instead. Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks, I am soo happy with the results! It's definitely a dark black, I think it looks a bit more natural than a blue/black, but it is close. Funny thing, I have had it in my closet as well for a couple of months and I took the instructions out to read them over a while ago.

Well, I could not find the instructions the other night when I decided to dye my hair.:eek: Soo, I only left the dye in for 25 min, I believe the instructions said 30-45 for natural hair, but I decided to play it safe, because I really couldn't remember. Now that I think about it, your results may be a little darker if I didn't leave the color in long enough. Let me know how you like your results!!!

ThursdayGirl

Whimsy said:
I'm nervous about the color rinsing out. Say some of the color does leave when I wash next weekend (i decided to wait 2 weeks) how long would I have to wait to redye? Note: on Feb 24 I'm getting my texlax touched up.

If you're getting a rinse you can recolor the same day as you relax. If its semi-perm. or perm. color you should wait a couple of weeks after you relax. I think I vaguely remember that you can also do bigen the same day, but I will wait for someone who knows better to chime in on that. I wouldn't color too soon before the touch-up, because when the relaxer starts opening the cuticles on your hair, you'll lose some of the color.

Whimsy

artemis_e. said:
Whimsy!!! Girl I just looked @ your pics...:eek:

Your hair is freaking GORGEOUS.

Wow is all I can say :D.

:) Thank you!!!! Girl you're boostin a sistas hair-esteem up in here.