Dry Spots

isawstars

I'm starting to get dry itchy spots on my scalp! They itch like crazy! I don't know what to do to get rid of them! I used my KeraCare anti dry & itchy scalp shampoo and conditioner for 2 washes and it didn't help at all... 24 hours later they just come back. They're starting to get flaky now :mad: and i plan on getting braids soon... so i want to get rid of them fast! Can anyone give me some advice?

I have dry scalp, and using moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and oiling my scalp really helped ease the itchy.

My cure for dry, itchy scalp has been Nizoral Shampoo, increased fluid intake, Flax Seed Oil, and keeping my scalp well oiled. I tried several shampoos targeted especially for "Dry, Itchy Scalp", but none have compared to the Nizoral. I use it with every wash, and follow with a moisturizing shampoo that does not contain ALS or SLS. After my rollerset is dry, I use ORS No More Flakes (I'm totally :love:'in this product) or AB Organics Herbal Tea-Tree Gro to oil my scalp. (I add a few extra drops of Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Essential Oil to both.) With this regimine, I have noticed much less dryness and my scalp rarely ever itches. HTH!!! :)

Kristenxdollface said:
What brand do you use?

Right now I am using hot 6 oil, but I really like Optimum Oil Therapy Hair and Scalp Quencher. It's like a grease or a pomade, but it's really light and doesn't have mineral oil or petroleum.

If you can, I'd suggest visiting a trichologist, a hair doctor, or a dermatologist. He or she might be able to prescribe something for your specific issue. HTH, and good luck.:)

Back