DRY HAIR....

sr24

I deep conditioned on dry hair with nexxus humectress for 30 minutes and then did a co wash and rinsed everything out of my hair....I detangled after I got out of the shower and put in leave in conditioner and I sat back under the dryer and after I was done...my hair was so dry and brittle:wallbash:...what did I do wrong?

locabouthair

I'm dealing with dryness issues too.

Things to think about.

-do you have hard water? it leaves mineral deposits on the hair making it dry and rough over time? If so, use a chelating shampoo to remove the deposits.

- are you using a no lye relaxer? you will need a chelating poo to remove the mineral deposits that no lye leaves on the hair.

- if none of the above apply, maybe you need to clairfy or maybe you need something more moisturizing has it worked for you in the past?

- are you drinking enough water? you need to moisturize from the inside out.

-which leave in did you use? Maybe the leave in had too much protein.

sr24

I'm dealing with dryness issues too.

Things to think about.

-do you have hard water? it leaves mineral deposits on the hair making it dry and rough over time? If so, use a chelating shampoo to remove the deposits.

- are you using a no lye relaxer? you will need a chelating poo to remove the mineral deposits that no lye leaves on the hair.

- if none of the above apply, maybe you need to clairfy or maybe you need something more moisturizing has it worked for you in the past?

- are you drinking enough water? you need to moisturize from the inside out.

-which leave in did you use? Maybe the leave in had too much protein.

1. I dont know about the water..maybe thats the problem..what do you suggest a filter for the shower?

2. Im sure that it isnt the relaxer though..

3. Yea maybe i need to clarify..I used nexxus Therappe moisturizing shampoo...

4. Yea i drink water and drink protein shakes everyday...

5. And I used Nexxus Humectress for the leave in conditioner...should I try another one...

filthyfresh

How does your hair respond to Mineral Oil? Because Humectress has that in it. And my hair hates mineral oil. Maybe you're the same way? HTH.

CenteredGirl

Could be product buildup. Clarify with 1T baking soda and 8 oz water. Really scrub it in from roots to tips.

hothair

How much product did you put in your hair (conditioner) ? I find if I put too much and let my hair dry it dries hard...

ETA: Especially if I don't seal with oil i.e. too much product and no oil HTH

Last edited:

sareca

Sounds like hard water/mineral/product build up to me too.
I use ION Purity packs from Sally's.

Lady Esquire

Sounds like hard water/mineral/product build up to me too.
I use ION Purity packs from Sally's.

I was just gonna suggest clarifying or chelating also (depending on whats going on w/you). Follow w/a moisturizing shampoo.
If you prepoo again, try some type of oil (you can add condish, honey, etc..).
Also when you dried under dryer, did you have rollers? a scarf? was the heat too high? Did you seal the leave-in with an oil?
All those things make a difference.

Keep us posted.