*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for the suggestions.

The recipe for this drink looks okay but there are a couple of ways it make it even better.

I would use raw pastured milk instead of factory farmed which is the milk you get from the super market which has been so processed there is really no nutrition in it except for the synthetic vitamins they add back in.

Nothing is wrong with consuming raw eggs as long as you get them from a good source such as from a farm where he chickens are allowed to roam and forage for bugs and other little goodies. The eggs you get from the supermarket are okay if they are organic/free range. The regular eggs should be avoided both raw and cookin IMHO.

I would skip the actual wheat germ but I would include the wheat germ oil and probably some coconut oil which is actually really good for you and your intestinal health. I would also add some probiotic powder to the mix as well for intestinal support.

You may be wondering why I get talking about intestines but I think they are really important to hair growth. If your intestines are not in good shape then it doesn't really matter how many vitamins you pop cause you won't be digesting and absorbing the nutrients that your taking in anyway.

After taking the shake I would pop some cod liver oil pills along with some supplemental vitamin D and couple of fish oil tablets. The omega 3's are important for hair growth and cod liver oil is a natural source of vitamin A&D. I suggest taking more vitamin D because he ratio of vitamin A to D is important and most cod liver oil out there does not contain enough vitamin d. We as black women should be taking vitamin d anyways because we generally have lower levels than what is reccomended.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Allright, Ladies, I'm gone. Probably until Monday if my pc isn't fixed this weekend. Carry on without me and .....

Go Grow Some Gorgeous Waistlength Hair, Already!!!!:grin:

(try saying that 5 times...)

PuffyBrown

Hey :look: can I do a proten powder if I dont have wheat germ oil and wheat germ?
I need hair, skin and energy.

Many of us add a protein product to our beverage.
I use soy as many others. Some of us use whey protein. I found years ago that whey protein makes me gain weight so I have been using soy for years. I use soy milk as well. If I am correct more than half of us don't use cows milk.

MonaRae

i've been drinking the shake since November. not everyday but pretty consistently. but now i'm wondering if the shake is still having any affect on me. at first my skin was clearing up and there was even a nice glow. my new growth is really thick. but lately my skin has been breaking out and i'm getting scars. :sad: i also don't feel really energized like i used to when i first started drinking it. :perplexed

i also stopped taking my bc pills in November. so maybe that has something to do with the breaking out. i've been keeping my hair in cornrows so i can't comment on my growth too much. but it is thick and my braids are growing out really quickly.

i wonder if i need to take a break from the shake for a little while then start again?

Or it could just be the season. I am having a hard time keeping my skin moist right now and its b/c is the last couple of weeks it been very cold here.

P

patient1

Hey :look: can I do a proten powder if I dont have wheat germ oil and wheat germ?
I need hair, skin and energy.

If I had to rank the power of individual ingredients, I'd say the wheatgerm oil is second only to the raw egg.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread I think, but most oil supplements for dogs and cats are founded on wheatgerm oil. There is one product sold at Whole Foods that is 100% wheatgerm oil. There's something about it and it only takes a bit to have an effect.

If you want to start somewhere, start with what you have: protein powder, the milk or your choice, and the raw egg. That's the biggest hurdle: getting used to the idea of a raw egg. Ultimately, a raw egg is approaching tasteless. So as long as the items surrounding it are tasty, you're good to go.

One last thing about the 2 hour wait. Ultimately, it's best not to chase anything you eat with any other fluid (water included). The stomach's digestive juices get diluted and that prolongs and complicates the digestive process.

hth,
p1

Hot40

If I had to rank the power of individual ingredients, I'd say the wheatgerm oil is second only to the raw egg.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread I think, but most oil supplements for dogs and cats are founded on wheatgerm oil. There is one product sold at Whole Foods that is 100% wheatgerm oil. There's something about it and it only takes a bit to have an effect.

If you want to start somewhere, start with what you have: protein powder, the milk or your choice, and the raw egg. That's the biggest hurdle: getting used to the idea of a raw egg. Ultimately, a raw egg is approaching tasteless. So as long as the items surrounding it are tasty, you're good to go.

One last thing about the 2 hour wait. Ultimately, it's best not to chase anything you eat with any other fluid (water included). The stomach's digestive juices get diluted and that prolongs and complicates the digestive process.

hth,
p1

Thansk you have given me good information, will startin the morning

VinDieselsWifey

My skin also revolted when I got off birth control. That's what it is...

^ I second that. BC pills can do a number on the body when starting or stopping...Keep trying, VDWifey, I bet your body heals itself with this cocktail...I've noticed that sometimes my energy is low, also, but I also know when I'm doing even more than usual, and that's typically the cause. Don't give up your cocktail, it'll do your body good.

thanks...i will keep taking it. i think it's the bc pills.

VinDieselsWifey

Or it could just be the season. I am having a hard time keeping my skin moist right now and its b/c is the last couple of weeks it been very cold here.

that could be it too. the cold weather in Korea is NO JOKE. i have to dress in layers, long johns, 2 shirts, big coat, gloves, etc.

Essensual

how much coconut oil are you putting in your shake? i use coconut oil externally but i really don't know the benefits of taking it internally. anybody have any idea? tia

I started with 1 melted Tablespoon because I heard others had issues with it not blending well, but yesterday I increase it to 2 melted Tablespoons. I think melting it may make all the difference.:lick:HTH.

Last edited:

acooks143

I emailed Bronze yesterday and told her that I have only been taking mine for 3 days MINUS the wheat germ, I only added the wheat germ oil but a rash I had on my stomach for the past 8 months has cleared completely up! THis is enough to make me stay drinking. I did some research and I did read that it can clear up rashes in skin conditions so I AM SOOOO THANKFUL...

I forgot to say I added 2 tblspns of Lecithin to my shake. That could have made all the difference on my skin clearing up so fast...

Hot40

I did not do it this morning I dont have the wheat product.
I think I will try in the morning Tell me waht you think?

Milk
Egg
Protein Powder
Bananna for taste
??????

Hot40

Just found this great information!

Wheat Germ Oil
Botanical Name: Triticum vulgare
Aroma: Strong
Properties: Unrefined, sensitive, dark in color, antioxidant, thick in consistency
Uses: Skin care, Medicinal Use

Wheat germ oil is a highly rich unrefined oil that is one of the richest sources of Vitamin E, A and D. It also has a high content of proteins and Lecithin. This oil is widely used for external application, as it helps a great deal in getting rid of skin irritation including skin dryness and cracking. Wheat germ oil is increasingly finding its way in the making of skin care products. The oil extracted from wheat germ, the botanical name of which is Triticum vulgare, has a shelf life of near about 6-8 months.

Wheatgerm oil is a very sensitive oil, therefore must be used cautiously. It tends to degrade in quality, when exposed to high temperatures. Being unrefined in nature, it is usually dark in color and also has a heavy smell. It is a good source of fatty acids that are very vital for the healthy growth of the body. The oil is taken out from the germ of the wheat. The germ forms only 3% of the weight of a wheat grain; nonetheless, contains about 25% of the protein, vitamins and minerals.

Wheatgerm oil is known for its antioxidant properties and this explains the reason why it is added to other carrier oils. The basic idea is to enhance their shelf life and prevent rancidity. When applied on the skin, it improves the circulation of blood and also helps to repair the skin cells destroyed by the scorching heat of sun. It keeps away the symptoms of dermatitis, thereby preventing the skin from being victimized by various kinds of problems. Thick in consistency, its independent use for massaging the body is not usually preferred. Since it has exceptional nourishing qualities, it is used in lesser quantities for preparing the carrier oil blend.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Welcome back Br*nzeb!
Aw shucks, Thanks, Mona~

So glad to know you're back in the mix, and your 'puter ain't broke' no more!:drunk:
Girl, I'm all in the mix...I was trying to be a big girl and not complain too much, so it all worked out....I just knew i was missing out on all the action!

:club::circle::woohoo:Puffy, girl, you've nailed it....Cocktails all around!!! This is exactly how elated I am!!!

I did not do it this morning I dont have the wheat product.
I think I will try in the morning Tell me waht you think? Sound great. I posted pictures of wheat germ and wheat germ oil for your review...you can get them at iherb.com.....I would definitely start with what you have and then as I get other ingredients, I'd add them to my cocktail. That way you get to experience different tastes and effects....
Milk
Egg
Protein Powder
Bananna for taste
??????

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Oooh y'all, I got my hair "did," and it's full and thick[er]...and my digicam went out...blasted! It's only a month old and you know Circuit City is going out of business. Now that ain't right. So, no pics. I'm gonna keep foolin' with it and see if I can make something happen.....I'll get back with ya later.

Last edited:

divinefavor

Just found this great information!

Wheat Germ Oil
Botanical Name: Triticum vulgare
Aroma: Strong
Properties: Unrefined, sensitive, dark in color, antioxidant, thick in consistency
Uses: Skin care, Medicinal Use

Wheat germ oil is a highly rich unrefined oil that is one of the richest sources of Vitamin E, A and D. It also has a high content of proteins and Lecithin. This oil is widely used for external application, as it helps a great deal in getting rid of skin irritation including skin dryness and cracking. Wheat germ oil is increasingly finding its way in the making of skin care products. The oil extracted from wheat germ, the botanical name of which is Triticum vulgare, has a shelf life of near about 6-8 months.

Wheatgerm oil is a very sensitive oil, therefore must be used cautiously. It tends to degrade in quality, when exposed to high temperatures. Being unrefined in nature, it is usually dark in color and also has a heavy smell. It is a good source of fatty acids that are very vital for the healthy growth of the body. The oil is taken out from the germ of the wheat. The germ forms only 3% of the weight of a wheat grain; nonetheless, contains about 25% of the protein, vitamins and minerals.

Wheatgerm oil is known for its antioxidant properties and this explains the reason why it is added to other carrier oils. The basic idea is to enhance their shelf life and prevent rancidity. When applied on the skin, it improves the circulation of blood and also helps to repair the skin cells destroyed by the scorching heat of sun. It keeps away the symptoms of dermatitis, thereby preventing the skin from being victimized by various kinds of problems. Thick in consistency, its independent use for massaging the body is not usually preferred. Since it has exceptional nourishing qualities, it is used in lesser quantities for preparing the carrier oil blend.

Thanks for this post! I think I may purchase some wheat germ oil and add to the shake. This may do wonders for rashes I get during this time of the year.

divinefavor

Oooh y'all, I got my hair "did," and it's full and thick...and my digicam went out...blasted! It's only a month old and you know Circuit City is going out of business. Now that ain't right. So, know pics. I'm gonna keep foolin' with it and see if I can make something happen.....I'll get back with ya later.

Aww dang, no pics!!! I'm glad you're back though and your computer is working. Congrats on the full and thick hair!

divinefavor

Didn't do the shake this morning I ran out of almond milk. Hubby and I went to the grocery store a little while ago and they didn't have almond milk. They did have the rice milk though so I bought that. I bought the vanilla flavor, so I hope I'm not adding too many more calories to the drink. I may need to just run up to Earth fare and get the almond milk though, I'm used to drink that one.

Hot40

Aw shucks, Thanks, Mona~

Girl, I'm all in the mix...I was trying to be a big girl and not complain too much, so it all worked out....I just knew i was missing out on all the action!

I can place the order, but I wanted to start today.
I might drive over to the local Vitamin store tomorrow.

I am ready for longer hair and great skin without any side effects. :yep:

Vinyl

Wow, using rice milk instead of whole milk gave me 1/2 cup of shake vs a full cup. It didn't taste any different, though. I would prefer to use whole milk because it has more protein.

ETA: I think I'll start using skim milk. It has the most protein and the least calories.

Last edited:

guyanesesista

Are yous showing the same results with your skin and hair.

Girl Idk. I may go back to whey powder, I ain't seeing the results with this soy that I was seeing with whey. But I was taking 2 scoops of 23g whey as to my current 1 scoop 25g soy. So maybe I'll start doubling up from now on. I read somewhere online that whey has a larger Biological Value(BV) than soy. Whey's value is about 104 and soy's value is about 74 I think. Maybe that has alot to do with I'm not gaining weight with soy like I did with whey. I think I'll double up on the soy and see what happens.

As for the skin front, Idk. Nothing? I'm not taking care of myself like I should. I'm real lazy right now. I just lay in bed and eat. But I'm not looking for the skin benefit, just the hair. I have things I can do to make my skin better.