*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Hot40

Girl Idk. I may go back to whey powder, I ain't seeing the results with this soy that I was seeing with whey. But I was taking 2 scoops of 23g whey as to my current 1 scoop 25g soy. So maybe I'll start doubling up from now on. I read somewhere online that whey has a larger Biological Value(BV) than soy. Whey's value is about 104 and soy's value is about 74 I think. Maybe that has alot to do with I'm not gaining weight with soy like I did with whey. I think I'll double up on the soy and see what happens.

As for the skin front, Idk. Nothing? I'm not taking care of myself like I should. I'm real lazy right now. I just lay in bed and eat. But I'm not looking for the skin benefit, just the hair. I have things I can do to make my skin better.
I here you I am attempting to start the new year right from reading this thread I should have changed my diet long ago would have given me better hair and skin long ago. After All I will be a Hot40 in 09.

dlove

I've been a faithful egglet since the January 3rd. So far, I've noticed changes in my skin. It's a lot softer. I keep rubbing my forearm. The dead skin on my usually extremely dry and cracked heels are lot easier to rub off with the file. The bed of my toe nails are also much easier to file and smooth. My face looks younger. The lines have softened. I got my ends trimmed two weeks ago so I'll post hair growth results at a later date. I follow the recipe to the T. I add cinnamin and a del monte mixed fruit cup. I going to try by best not to straighten my hair until June. Cant wait to see the results after doing this for 6 months!

Thanks Bronze for the post.

DLove

guyanesesista

I also forgot to say that the article I read stated that along with whey protein, egg protein also has more biological value than soy protein. I'll try to find the article and post the link here.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Egglette's ~

I skipped my cocktail and had french toast, instead. What? French toast is made with eggs! LOL! Can't wait til' tomorrow morning to drink my cocktail....grow hair grow!!

growinstrong

ok, about the protein powder. I'm thinking about switching over to the Jay Robb brand which I've been hearing some good reviews about. Now, which do I choose, the whey kind or the egg white kind?

Queen_Earth

HEY! I am trying to get better with my shake...I been averaging about 3-4 times a week, but beginning tomorrow I am making the 7 day commitment...My shake consist of:

Isacleanse shake pack (It was all I had at the time I wanted to start and it has 23 grams of protein and some other vitamins)
8 oz of water (to mix the shake pack)
2 tablespoons of toasted wheat germ (didn't understand the difference when I initially ordered it; but now I have raw wheat germ so I will start using that)
1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
1 tablespoon of Maximum fruits (for taste and to get the sugar benefits without the sugar)
1 teaspoon of honey (sometimes I skip this)

I am thinking of adding 1 tablespoon of MSM and Flaxseed oil as well...what do you other eggletes think?

Also once I am out of the Isacleanse I am thinking of switching to egg protein powder...what brand/type/flavor are yall using?

I love the shake because it really makes me eat less because I am not as hungry and I dont crave crappy food like I used to...my friends notice that my skin is clearing up but I have only been a shaker for about 2-3 weeks so I am not sure if it is the shake or the Visibly Even line I began about the same time as the shake...also my menstrual was soooo much better...I usually get INTENSE cramps to the point where I can't get out of bed; however, this time they were easy peasy and I am sure that is because of the shake

P

patient1

Queen,

Have you not been using the raw egg so far? I'd give it a try, it really does take the entire shake to a new level! :) If you're not comfortable with the raw egg, then I would definitely work in the egg protein powder.

I'm sure some of the other ladies will weigh in!

p1

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

ok, about the protein powder. I'm thinking about switching over to the Jay Robb brand which I've been hearing some good reviews about. Now, which do I choose, the whey kind or the egg white kind?
Is the raw egg not working for you? It is so worth it to add this to the cocktail. Now whey powder has been known to cause weight gain, so i'd go with the egg white kind, definitely.

HEY! I am trying to get better with my shake...I been averaging about 3-4 times a week, but beginning tomorrow I am making the 7 day commitment...My shake consist of:

Isacleanse shake pack (It was all I had at the time I wanted to start and it has 23 grams of protein and some other vitamins)
8 oz of water (to mix the shake pack)
2 tablespoons of toasted wheat germ (didn't understand the difference when I initially ordered it; but now I have raw wheat germ so I will start using that)
1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil
1 tablespoon of Maximum fruits (for taste and to get the sugar benefits without the sugar)
1 teaspoon of honey (sometimes I skip this)

I am thinking of adding 1 tablespoon of MSM and Flaxseed oil as well...what do you other eggletes think? I used flaxseed oil as well, I ran out and didn't re-purchase. MSM has great benefits, I tried it, but it made my cocktail to "salty" so I gave it up, it actually made me nauseous. If you can tolerate it, then it's a good add.

Also once I am out of the Isacleanse I am thinking of switching to egg protein powder...what brand/type/flavor are yall using?I've never used egg protein powder, I've only added whey....Are you uncomfy using raw egg? It's definitely worth it to add to your mix. Your hair and body will love you for it.

I love the shake because it really makes me eat less because I am not as hungry and I dont crave crappy food like I used to...my friends notice that my skin is clearing up but I have only been a shaker for about 2-3 weeks so I am not sure if it is the shake or the Visibly Even line I began about the same time as the shake...also my menstrual was soooo much better...I usually get INTENSE cramps to the point where I can't get out of bed; however, this time they were easy peasy and I am sure that is because of the shake
Many have mentioned that their menses were easier, so I'm certain it's the cocktail....Good results, Queen and thanks for sharing!
Queen,

Have you not been using the raw egg so far? I'd give it a try, it really does take the entire shake to a new level! :) If you're not comfortable with the raw egg, then I would definitely work in the egg protein powder.

I'm sure some of the other ladies will weigh in! I'm in total agreement with Patient1, give it a try, you won't be sorry! :grin:

p1

Looking good, Egglettes, looking good!

mscocoface

Everytime I make this drink I can go hours without snacking or eating and my energy level is up.

I don't know what effects it is having on my hair, but I like what it is doing to me and my energy level.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Bronze, my love, THANK YOU so much for this! I'm still going strong!
I'm so happy for you, Uptowngirl....don't you mean "growing strong?" {wink}. Thanks for poppin' in!!! Keep up with your progress, okay?
Everytime I make this drink I can go hours without snacking or eating and my energy level is up. Me too. I don't want to eat for at least 6 hours...

I don't know what effects it is having on my hair, but I like what it is doing to me and my energy level.
I keep saying it, but I'm gonna have to do this cocktail twice daily, I just need to get my regimen in order, and then it'll be on! As my Opelousas cousins would say, "Like popcorn!" :lachen:

PuffyBrown

Everytime I make this drink I can go hours without snacking or eating and my energy level is up.

I was at first. Now I am hungry about 3 - 4 hours after drinking it. That might be normal though now that I think about it.

How many hours do you go before you're hungry again?

SugarBaby

^^^^I am not generally hungary for 4 hours after taking it. I have so much energy and my eating portions have been reduced greatly.

YUMMY ALERT:

Has anyone tried the Soymilk Slender in Chocolate from Walmart....It is soooooooo goood in the shake.

For chocolate lovers it is a must have.

divinefavor

I don't think I like the rice milk too much in the shake. I need to switch back to almond milk, but Walmart didn't have it when I was in their grocery shopping on Saturday. I never did make it to Earth Fare or Whole foods. I'm seriously considering getting the wheat germ oil...I didn't realize that it had so many benefits!

guyanesesista

YUMMY ALERT!!!:
I'm sitting here drinking the tastiest mix I've ever made. Here goes:

OJ- 120 cal, 1g prot.(HA!!)
Flaxseeds- 90 cal, 4g prot.
Soy protein powder- 110 cal, 25g prot.
Yogurt(la yogurt peach flavor)- 130 cal, 6g prot.
Grand total- 450 cal, 36g prot.
Alittle honey in the end.

Ok I'm done drinking. It was alittle sweet. Maybe I'll leave out the honey next time.

onelove08

I use soy milk 3/4 cup. An organic egg. I also add pomegranate extract along with a green smoothie mix and wheat germ untoasted. I do not use wheat germ oil. I am still getting great results!

tinycoils

All of you ladies who are using soy in your shakes everyday should take notice that soy protien is a very estrogenic food and can cause imbalance in your female hormones. Also, soy is a goitergen and can inhibitory effects on your thyroid making it sluggish. I know that soy in touted as this miricle health food because of the great effects attributed to it from the asian diet. However, the truth of the matter is that traditionally Asians do consume soy but mostly in it's fermented form such as soy sauce, miso, natto and tempeh. Soy is also a potent enzyme inhibitor which blocks the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion.

Now not everyone experiences these types of problems but I had a friend who worked at a health food store and her boss gave her a box of firm tofu cause they had extra. My friend thinking so was just the healthiest thing in the world started incoporating the tofu into her diet daily and after a month she was having some unexplained pelvic pain and her breast were getting lumpy. She went to see her doc and was told to lay off the soy cause she was getting way to much estrogenic exposure due to her daily tofu consumption.

onelove08

I have a thyroid problem but I only drink 3/4 cup. I do not have any problems. I have in the past eaten too many soy products and I did have problems. People need to listen to their bodies.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for the information. We should all be cautious when supplementing our diets. And yes, we definitely need to listen to our bodies.

All of you ladies who are using soy in your shakes everyday should take notice that soy protien is a very estrogenic food and can cause imbalance in your female hormones. Also, soy is a goitergen and can inhibitory effects on your thyroid making it sluggish. I know that soy in touted as this miricle health food because of the great effects attributed to it from the asian diet. However, the truth of the matter is that traditionally Asians do consume soy but mostly in it's fermented form such as soy sauce, miso, natto and tempeh. Soy is also a potent enzyme inhibitor which blocks the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion.

Now not everyone experiences these types of problems but I had a friend who worked at a health food store and her boss gave her a box of firm tofu cause they had extra. My friend thinking so was just the healthiest thing in the world started incoporating the tofu into her diet daily and after a month she was having some unexplained pelvic pain and her breast were getting lumpy. She went to see her doc and was told to lay off the soy cause she was getting way to much estrogenic exposure due to her daily tofu consumption.

Austro-Afrikana

Hmm...this shake must work!
I put braid extensions in my hair last week and also started drinking the shake, well, my hair looks like how it normally does 3weeks after! I hope it's growth and it hasn't just loosened lol

ChoKitty

I gave in and tried today! I think I'll continue! It wasn't really good, but it wasn't hard to drink or anything. I think I will switch to soy milk, and try some of the other fruits aside from bananas, which is what I used today....I'm also using the toasted wheat germ until I can get a hold of raw wheat germ. It really sucks that no one around here sells it. Maybe this will help with my transition! Help me get to a length that I can cut faster.