Doo Gro Products-Feedback needed

I'm really looking for hair products that will help my hair grow and become thicker. Has anyone ever tried doo-gro products, and does it really work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Artemis

I have only tried 2 of their products, the Mega Thick grease, and the Deep Down deep conditioner. I think they are both nice. I don't use the conditioner anymore b/c I have a long-standing obsession with Paul Mitchell super-charged, but it is a good deep condition treatment. The mega thick helped me (almost completely) fill in my edges in like 6 mos. I'm not really a growth aid person (more like a major skeptic!), so I was shocked at the results. I don't use it that much anymore, but I probably will soon, as I am on my own personal nape challenge right now.

HTH :)

gymfreak336

The only products I really have experience with are the leave in conditioner, deep conditioner and moisturizing shampoo. They were all decent products. I don't use them any more but they are pretty good for drugstore deals.

Artemis

I'm in search of a grease....does this smell?

Yes it has a smell, but it's not overpowering or gross smelling. It smells...like grease, lol. It has a bunch of herbal, natural ingredients (after the petro and m/o of course...)

I'd have to sniff it when I get home from work to give you a better description of the scent.

jasmin

Yes it has a smell, but it's not overpowering or gross smelling. It smells...like grease, lol. It has a bunch of herbal, natural ingredients (after the petro and m/o of course...)

I'd have to sniff it when I get home from work to give you a better description of the scent.

Thank you. I don't want it to smell medicated. Hubby hates that.

DeepBluSea

I have used the DooGro Triple Strength Hair grease before. It's pretty light, didn't wear my hair down. It has a scent, but not too strong. If I were to need a hair grease, I would use this one again. I have also used the stimulating oil. It was okay as well.

glamazon386

The grease works. A hairdresser suggested it for my hair a few years back to get my hair to grow back in and it did work. I had the purple one. But I stopped using it because the sulphur made my hair stink (which meant more frequent washing) and I found out I was actually allergic to sulphur. The smell was faint but it bothered me because my nose is sensitive.

Artemis

Ok, I just got home and took a whiff of the Mega Thick. It has a MILD medicinal scent to it, then it smells like soap. Not like Sulfur 8 or anything. You may want to have your hubby smell it before you purchase. I know those kinds of things can be a real deal breaker :lol: The scent goes away (for me) after a few hrs to a day, so it's not something you'd apply daily I guess (or slather into your head--I really don't see myself having to buy another jar anytime soon b/c I use such a small amount).

HTH :)

syze6

This thread is so funny. My 50+ year old dad swears by this product. It is the ONLY hair grease he will use. He says it keeps his hair thick and he showed me the herbs inside. My dad is crazy aboutlong hair. I remember beign young and taking over my hair, I used to wash it just about every day. He told me it wasn't good because I was washing the life and natural oils out. Who knew a man would know this. LOL!