Is doo gro growth oil equivalent to wgho?

erikab20

I’m wondering if the doo gro stimulation growth oil is equivalent to the wild growth hair oil? I tried to search online for the ingredients for but their website is not very good. I’m asking b/c I accidentally picked up the doo gro but I was trying to get the wgho and wanted to know if I should exchange for the wgho. I wanted to try it b/c so many people are raving about it. The doo gro smells great, heard that the wgho has a funky smell to it.

myspice

Re: Is doo gro growth oil equivalent to whgo?

I don't know about the WGO(sp.) but I love doo gro. It does stimulate and it's one of my favorites.

erikab20

ok you said it's not equivalent so that means that you have been using the whgo. have you noticed a significant difference in your hair with the whgo?

kitchen_tician

I use and love both, but there is a difference.

WGO - softens new growth and I have "slightly" quicker than normal growth. Great for airdrying, blow drying, curling. WGO seems to improve the texture of my hair. Smells better when applied wet.

DOO GRO - is a good basic oil that smells nice and seems to promote healthy scalp and nice sheen to hair.

DOO-GRO Ingredients:
mineral oil, sweet almond oil, meadowfoam seed oil, shea butter, vit A, vit D, vit E, matricaria extract, goldenseal extract, hops extract, soap bark extract, wheat germ oil, Cherry Bark extract, Calendula extract, henna extract, horsetail extract, saflower oil, lanolin oil, propylparaben, fragrance, DC yellow 11 color, OC red 17 color

WILDGROWTH Ingredients:
Olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, vit D, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, natural color and fragrance

Devi

From looking at it... no they don't seem to be equal. The doo gro's frist ingredient is mineral oil, which means that most of it is made of a petroleum by product that can't be absorbed by your hair at all and sits on top of your hair/scalp until you use a shampoo that's strong enough to get it off.

erikab20

ok you guys have given me the info i needed. i'm definitely exchanging the doo gro for the wgo.

thanks kitchen_tician for the product break, that really puts things in perspective. with ingredients like iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium, i'm sure are intended for hair growth. i've so many people swear but this stuff i just had to check it out. i’m dreading going back to the store that i got it from the lady was so rude. i stood at the counter and looked at her while she stood with her back turned away from me talking on the phone as if i was bothering her by trying to purchase some items. in a store of all places, how dare me!