4a Natural Curl Definition? Will a curl activator work?

bluenude

Hello everyone! I have about 5-6 inches of 4a natural hair and am looking for more ways to get curl definition. Twist outs are fun but I'd like to try something else. Can I get more curl definition w/ a curl activator? If so then what kind? What brands? And what is S-curl? Would that work?

I usually do a CO and then twist up w/ elasta qp mango butter. This gives me a cute curl but is there something else I can do? I recently BC so I'm really looking for more styling tips. Thanks ladies!

Gigglez5684

Hey I have 4a natural hair, its pretty short right now cuz i cut it again, but I use Long Aid Activator Gel, it works fantastic for curl definition and shine!!

morehairplease

Hi,

I have 4 a/b natural hair(a twa) and have been using s-curl since my BC. However, I have noticed that it takes alot for my hair, my hair is EXTREMELY dry and sucks up everything, and the build up has been quite noticeable. I posted a day or so ago asking for recs for an all natural replacement. From the post I am leaning towards Qhemet biologics honeybush soft hold gel.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
what type of curl definition are you looking for? my hair is tighly coiled (i guess it's 4a) and i find that either plain ol' water or s-curl enhances my hair texture.

Chinagem

When I was natural I used curl activator gel (fantasia ic/lusterkair/longaid) and I got beautiful elongation and curl defination (think tiny springs). I also got some nice shine and definition with elasta qp glaze when I used it sparingly. I don't really do the hair typing thing but for descriptive purposes, I'll say that my hair is closer in texture to a 4b than 4a if there's any 4a at all.

Ms Red

Grease and water works for me, esp. if I twirl my hair around my finger (don't laugh :lol: )
Ms. Jessies' Buttercreme works if I want to have a softer, longer curl (I use a diffuser to set it)
And IC Fantasia w/Sparklites (Blue) works for harder curls/waves and shine

HTH!

Cheleigh

I used a little smooth-n-shine curl activator gel in my hair today on top of spritz and a little leave-in moisturizer (second day hair), and there are coils all over the place. Pretty much any gel will define my coils.

I am a 4a/4b (obviously from my signature).

I'm not laughing cupcake--there a little tighter than my other coils, but I finger coiled some hair last week just to experiement--it's fun and a cute style.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I'm feeling the "Beyond the Zone, Noodle Head cream" and "Elasta QP feels like silk gel" for curl definition.