Dominican Relaxers, have you tried any??

Treasure2k6

I am narrowing in on my 1st year hair care journey to end this coming August. However, I am trying to do some research on Dominican Products. (Because all of you ladies who use them have great results! Plus, my family has been tryna get me to do this for years!)

I wanted to know if any of you ladies have used the Dominican Relaxers and whats your take on them? Any advise or input will be appreciated! I'd like to do my 2nd year regimen incorporated with Dominican products. (Inspired mainly by JenniferMD---Ya hair is GEORGOUS Chica)

Last edited:

Tee

GlamourGirl said:
I just used Salerm a few weeks ago and I really like it. I will probably continue to use it.

I was wondering if you let her put in your relaxer. (I just forgot to post or PM you about it.) I am glad it worked out for you. :up: You know I was nervous and told the lady I went to NOOOOO right quick.

SvelteVelvet

I'm curious about these too, as far as long term use, and the differences between our relaxers if any. I'd like to get into doing my own touch-ups.

Treasure2k6

I dont know i have heard some are strong, so i am guessing Lye. But the Jael Level 1 is supposed to be like a texturizer

GlamourGirl

No, I went to a Dominican salon but I will probably apply it myself or have my mom do it in the future. I didn't like how long it took them.