Does your hair grow without wearing a weave or braids???

tryn2growmyhair

Mariaat40 said:
I've never had a weave. I've only had braids twice. And my hair has grown from mid neck length. Like many have said, your hair grows whether you wear braids or not. Braids are great because you don't manipulate your hair as much, which causes you to retain the growth. If lack of manipulation works for you, you can do that by minimizing heat, wearing protective styles, etc.
Mariaat40, those are beuatiful earrings that you have in your siggy. Where did you get them? TIA.

tryn2growmyhair

My hair is fine and has always suffered a setback with braids. The only braids that I MIGHT feel comfortable trying again are cornrows using my own hair.

Mariaat40

tryn2growmyhair said:
Mariaat40, those are beuatiful earrings that you have in your siggy. Where did you get them? TIA.

Thanks! I'm an earring fanatic. The longer the better. :) I got that pair from Express.

tryn2growmyhair

Mariaat40 said:
Thanks! I'm an earring fanatic. The longer the better. :) I got that pair from Express.
Thanks for the tip. :grin: I also love jewelry and have really gotten into dangling earrings since beginning this hair journey because I have my hair up all the time. Long earrings help to balance out the look for me.

Ayeshia

lsubabiedee said:
uhh...i've never had either and my hair grows just fine

same here...and when I did try braids they looked like hot garbage after a few days no matter how I tried to preserve them so I dont bother anymore. Never had a weave before.

miracle

lsubabiedee said:
uhh...i've never had either and my hair grows just fine

Same here. I've never had either, but my hair has always grown like weeds for as long as I can remember.

Diane71

I agree...braids themselves don't actually grow your hair...its the no contact that the braids give your hair that make it grow. Leaving it alone for 6-8 weeks and keeping your scalp moist will cause your hair to grow like weeds. I see some girls walking around with hair so short that they can't even pull it back in a pony and I say to myself..they need to join LHCF and learn everything they need to know to grow long, thick, gorgeous hair. I learned everything I need to know and still learning and my hair is reaping the benefits.

))))))))Next relaxer touch-up: July 23rd, 2005
Current hair length: 1 inch past bra strap (when blown out)
Hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005
4b thick and course texture
public.fotki.com/Diane71/ Pics coming in July after touch-up.