Does the LOC method work for you?

Ogoma

Yes, slightly modified - L.O.C.L.B.- in the winter.

L - Water
O - Grapeseed, Meadowfoam seed, and a little castor oil mix
C - Tresemme Naturals
L - AVJ
B - a light butter

My hair is soft and I don't need to re-moisturize, but I do. I layer things on lightly.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My technique varies but I love it.

L - AOWC spritz which contains AOWC, water & Claudie's tea
O - avocado
C - AOWC or Bee Mine Hair Milk topped with a little Bee Mine Luscious

L - AOWC spritz
O - avocado
O - gleau

L - AOWC spritz
O - avocado
B - avocado butter or other butters I have on hand

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Yep it does, but modified:

CC- Co-cleanse with Hair One, then detangle with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner
L- Water
O- Coconut, Castor, WGO mix
C- Tresemme Naturals Moisture
G- Got To Be Kicked Up Hard Jelly Gel

WnG will stay cute for about 4 days...I moisturize nightly with a water/TN/JBCO spray bottle mix.

miss cosmic

i love love love this method. haven't been doing it lately cos i've been unable to find a leave-in, and my hair has been as dry as hayle. finally found charles worthington hair healer leave-in which i've used before and hopefully my hair will be back on point.

L- spritz of water, aloe vera juice and glycerine, or just water and aloe vera juice
O - vitamin e oil or grapeseed oil (the trick is not to be heavy-handed, i learnt the hard way)
C - herbal essences leave-in, NTM leave-in, charles worthington hair healer. you'd be surprised how difficult it's been to find ANY leave-in, let alone a good one.

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Yes! This method is saving my hair this winter. I had a lot of breakage and dry ends on my leave out. I started doing:
L: Yaroks Feed Your Ends
O: Kerastase Ultime Elixir or Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine
C: Garnier Leave in Conditioning Cream

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Thanks for everyone's responses and reggies! It seems like this method or a modified version of it is working for most people...

I asked the question because I'm considering incorparting this method into my regimen but I have to say that my current regimen produces extremely moisturized hair. I guess, based on the majority of responses, I do a LO method, :lol::

L: it has to be water based, right? So my "liquid" is Kinky-Curly Custard with glycerin added.
O: Blue Magic Coconut Grease

That's it and my hair stays moist for days. I only remoisturize it every other day because I feel like it and want to but it's not necessary. I might look around for a cream to add on top to compare the result to my current reggie but the LO is working it's magic!

Thanks again, everyone!

lovebug10

No for me, my hair felt dry until I turned the LOC method into the LOCO method:yep: now that works like a charm:
Liquid - tea and avj rinse (left in)
Oil - gleau oil blend
Conditioner - bwc leave in
Oil - gleau oil blend

As for results, my hair feels soft and hydrated. The word I really want to use is 'rich'.

Nix08 I used LOCO as well. My hair is much more hydrated than simply using 1 moisturizer and 1 sealant.

L- Darcy's Botanicals Leave In
O- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
C- Darcy's botanicals transitioning creme (I dont like the idea of using a conditioner so I prefer to use a thicker or creamier moisturizer)
O- Extra virgin olive oil

My hair is VERY VERY soft and shiny right now. I did it this afternoon and it feels like I just moisturized. Even my coarse nape and my coarse crown are soft and supple. I probably won't have to moisturize and seal for a day or two but I'll still use a little bit of organix coconut split end protector and organix antibreakage coconut serum at night to protect my ends.

Ajna

I never thought about this as a method, I guess I do this after I wash my hair so for me it goes
L water with a little infusion 23
O avocado or meadowfoam
C leave in conditioner (curl junkie) or a curling cream depending on the style.

Once my hair is dry the oil no longer works for me so then it is spritz lightly with water, ndarcy's daily leave in conditioner and a pomade (current I am using the one from shescentit)

Aggie

The LOC method works really well for my hair. I would use either evoo or sunflower oil after cowashing, followed by my Keracare leave-in, then oil, then a thick creamy butter type moisturizer.

Currently African Pride Moisture Intense Bouncy Curls Pudding is the bomb.com and smells delicious :lick:. Now this method leaves my soft for a couple of days. Next morning all I would have to do is spritz lightly with a little water, fluff my puff and go.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:yep:
I use it on wash day and at night. I do LOC or LOB/P
B=butter P=pomade

L=Combo of a tea spritz (Claudies, Sheanatural Beauty or Hairveda)/Spray Leave In (Shea Moisture,Oyin or Coily Head Chick)

O=Hemp seed oil,Hairveda's Vatika Frosting, Gleau oil, SSI Pumpkin Seed Elixir, Shea Moisture's Restorative Elixir, Trigger, Silk Dreams Pre or Nourish

Cream=Any lotion type moisturizer I have by Claudies, Shea Moisture, Hairveda, Oyin,Darcy's, Qhemet or Silk Dreams

Butters & Pomades =too many to name :giggle:

lovebug10

Nix08 I used LOCO as well. My hair is much more hydrated than simply using 1 moisturizer and 1 sealant.

L- Darcy's Botanicals Leave In
O- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
C- Darcy's botanicals transitioning creme (I dont like the idea of using a conditioner so I prefer to use a thicker or creamier moisturizer)
O- Extra virgin olive oil

My hair is VERY VERY soft and shiny right now. I did it this afternoon and it feels like I just moisturized. Even my coarse nape and my coarse crown are soft and supple. I probably won't have to moisturize and seal for a day or two but I'll still use a little bit of organix coconut split end protector and organix antibreakage coconut serum at night to protect my ends.

Its been over 24 hours since i did this. I got lazy last night and just did nothing to m hair and fell asleep with a ponytail on my satin pillow case. Hait is still soft and shiny. Ands are smooth and not crunchy and my NG is soft. this method is a keeper for me

Charla

I finally tried the LOC method and WOW, WOW WOW! I'm so glad I finally tried that. I did it Sunday, and today's Wednesday and it's just now barely starting to feel like it's time to remoisturize -- ng and relaxed hair feels gooood!

To give it a fair shot, I chelated/clarified my hair first, then did my normal DC.

L=avj sprayed on 50% air dried hair.
O= grape seed oil
C=Organix Macademia mixed with hemp seed oil (I make a small tub but I don't use it all at once, 3 tbs Organix to 1 tsp hemp seed oil)

I divided my hair in 4 sections and put a nickel size of grape seed oil on each section. Then I put about a quarter size of the cream on each section. Moisturized hair that stays moisturized! This is the only way I'll do this now!!
@EnExitStageLeft

EnExitStageLeft

I finally tried the LOC method and WOW, WOW WOW! I'm so glad I finally tried that. I did it Sunday, and today's Wednesday and it's just now barely starting to feel like it's time to remoisturize -- ng and relaxed hair feels gooood!

To give it a fair shot, I chelated/clarified my hair first, then did my normal DC.

L=avj sprayed on 50% air dried hair.
O= grape seed oil
C=Organix Macademia mixed with hemp seed oil (I make a small tub but I don't use it all at once, 3 tbs Organix to 1 tsp hemp seed oil)

I divided my hair in 4 sections and put a nickel size of grape seed oil on each section. Then I put about a quarter size of the cream on each section. Moisturized hair that stays moisturized! This is the only way I'll do this now!!
@EnExitStageLeft

YAYY! I'm so happy it worked for you. Also, did you use a conditioner for your cream or did Organix come out with a moisturizer for the Macadamia line?

Charla

YAYY! I'm so happy it worked for you. Also, did you use a conditioner for your cream or did Organix come out with a moisturizer for the Macadamia line?

I use the conditioner. Been using that combo(hemp seed oil) for 2-3 months now. I'm not even sure if Organix makes a leave-in.

Charla

[USER=149048 said:
Honey Bee[/USER];17516757]nrock, Ogoma, Charla

Why are we putting avj in our li's? I missed that.

I use avj because it helps close the cuticles of my porous hair. I know it doesn't make sense to try to close the cuticle before applying leave ins, but my sister suggested it when I was getting spiderweb matting, and it worked!

Honey Bee

I use avj because it helps close the cuticles of my porous hair. I know it doesn't make sense to try to close the cuticle before applying leave ins, but my sister suggested it when I was getting spiderweb matting, and it worked!
:ohsnap:

I have highly porous hair! Omg, I'ma do this to.day. I got the avj already, don't use it, but I got it.

Raine054

L- KeraCare Overnight moisturizing treatment.

O-KemiOyl or KeraCare Essential Oil

C- Jane Carter Nourish and Shine

It works for me. I wash every 7-9 days and I only do this once or twice between washes.

bronzebomb

I definitely like the LCO method much more than the LOC method. Sealing in water and cream makes my hair really soft.

I think my porosity is low, so it takes the water more time to absorb. Sealing with oil before the cream was hindering absorption.

faithVA

[USER=178944 said:
bronzebomb[/USER];17850655]I definitely like the LCO method much more than the LOC method. Sealing in water and cream makes my hair really soft.

I think my porosity is low, so it takes the water more time to absorb. Sealing with oil before the cream was hindering absorption.

What cream are you using?

bronzebomb

@faithVA

I just started this week:

Liquid: Komaza Coconut Spray
Cream/Lotion: Komaza Coconut Lotion
Oil: Mix (all the oils I have in one huge bottle)

Although I don't really think it matters. I'm just using what I have. I'm wearing a wig ALL of 2013 and I want to make sure I keep my hair moisturized while in cornrows or flat twists.

Last edited:

faithVA

faithVA

I just started this week:

Liquid: Komaza Coconut Spray
Cream/Lotion: Komaza Coconut Lotion
Oil: Mix (all the oils I have in one huge bottle)

Although I don't really think it matters. I'm just using what I have. I wearing a wig ALL of 2013 and I wanted to make sure I keep my hair moisturized while in cornrows or flat twists.

Thanks. I'm low porosity as well as was just curious what you are using.

CurliDiva

Ladies,

Are you waiting between applying these products (to let them absorb) or just layering on on top of the other?

faithVA

I baggy first for 15 minutes for the (L) step. Then I apply the "O" step without waiting. It doesn't matter if I do the "C" step immediately or later. I will spritz my hair again before the "C" step.

If I don't baggy for the "L" step like one person above said the water doesn't have time to absorb. Baggying takes care of that. I just smooth on the "O" and the "C".