Does Relaxed Hair Dry Faster?

junipertree

Do you find that your freshly relaxed hair dries faster than when you have lots of new growth? I'm transitioning right now and I had this debate with my friend this weekend. The real question is whether it takes relaxed hair longer to dry than natural hair.

TheNDofUO

If it does it's for two reasons
1) Relaxed hair dkesnt pack together as densely at natural hair allowing it more exposure to the air
2) Relaxed hair is more damaged abd therefore likely to be high porosity. Water will escape relaxed hair faster. I'm naturally low po but my relaxed hair is high po *headache*

GettingKinky

I find the opposite. My relaxed hair holds water for a long time and my new growth dries quickly.

My relaxed hair clumps together so I guess it's hard for the water to get out, while my new growth is puffy.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Both dry the same for me. My hair regardless relaxed, texlaxed or new growth, are all low porosity. My new growth takes more time only because it doesn't really hit the air the way other exposed parts do. But regardless, my hair still takes hours to dry.

levette

My hair takes forever to dry and I am relaxed. If I wash it at night and go to bed on it it is still wet the next morning.

Lilmama1011

If it's free it does. But air drying in rollers no. It could take 24 hrs plus

Last edited: