Naturals and transitioners.. did you notice a growth spurt?

blessed7777

I am transitioning for the 100th time lol and everytime I attempt to go natural. After about the 5th or 6th month of no chemicals my hair seems to grow faster and thicker than ever before. My longest transition has been 11 mths.

Anyone else notice faster growth and super healthy hair after a few months of transitioning?

*disclaimer

I realize there are many beautiful relaxed heads on this board and else where. This thread is in no way suggesting relaxed hair is not as healthy or doesn't grow. It is simply an observation of what I have noticed with my hair. :)

melissa-bee

Lol, there was no need for the disclamer.
I'm 5 months post and have just under 2 images of growth....so as you can see...no growth spurt yet. But of course i do hope to get one. I think i will when summer comes. If i do i'll report back.

Chromia

I didn't notice a growth spurt. It's possible that I had one and I just didn't notice, but I think my hair has been growing at the same rate every month.

Grand Prix

Half an inch, every single month.

Yes, lol, I measure.

I do sometimes suddenly feel my hair is somehow much thicker, or my ng is taking over, but my growth rate never went up. I guess that's just part of the transition.
I never get growth spurts though, no growth aids, healthy diets etc. ever changed that.. So who knows, maybe you will? No relaxer means a healthier scalp, I guess.

Vintageglam

No growth spurt just thicker at the roots for obvious reasons. I think I will try and stay on top of my VITS to see if I can push up the growth rate.

ETA: Wise move op with the disclaimer. You know how some do around these parts. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Miss AJ

My hair has always grown pretty fast, I just notice it more as a natural because my relaxed hair was breaking off as fast as it was growing.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm 21 weeks post and no growth spurt just yet BUT my spurts don't come until the summer. I'm wanting to braid/weave it up all summer just to see what it does. I'm stoked.

blessed7777

Yes thats it!! My breakage is not as bad as when I relax my hair. I think that is why it seems as if my hair is growing faster..