Does everyone apply heat when deep conditioning?

Miosy

Lately, I have found that just putting a plastic cap for about an hour does good for me. Will it make a difference if I don't apply heat? Last time I applied heat to my deep conditioner, my hair tangled
What do you guys do?

ngaa

well it really depends how busy i am that day coz if i have chores to do then i jus put the plastic cap on and work till i'm done and coz workin generates heat its really the same end product with my hair shaft opened with heat, either from my body or hood dryer

hth

prettygirl

I always use heat with a protein conditioner but with cholesterol and moisturizing conditioners I occasionally use heat

lunalight7

I tend to use heat for hot oil treatments only. I plan to use coconut oil on my new growth (in a few weeks) as a hot oil because it helps to straighten it. Otherwise, Ive only used heat for a deep condit once or twice...I didnt notice much of a difference. when I did this, I think I used Nexuus Humectress.

Tracy

I mostly use them with creamy proteins - and that's only if I have the time. Most of the time though, like you, I simply apply conditioner, put on a cap and go about my business for a half hour or so.

I deep condition far less frequently now though that I condition wash so often. I plan to go back to deep conditioning 2x a week (I only do it once now) when fall hits. No more wash and wear hair for me in the fall, so more heat.....gotta protect my hair against that heat!

twinietwintwin

I deep condition once a week with Le Kair's Cholesterol and yes i do put on the shower cap and sit under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes (unless i've just came out of braids, if that's the case, i'll sit under the dryer for an hour) I do conditioner washes once a week with Pantene Pro V (women of color) conditioner.....

God bless

Crystal

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Does everyone apply heat when deep conditionin

Recently I've just been putting a shower cap on while I'm still in the shower and then pamper myself in the shower with a nice body wash and exfoliant, you know--the works. Meanwhile, the shower steam is my heat source.

inthepink

I used to use the shower steam trick. That works pretty well. Right now, I use cholesterol conditioner and the dryer for about 20-30 minutes.

Peachtree

I used to apply a plastic cap & sit under a hooded dryer for 15-30 mins. I'm going without my hooded dryer for a while... so now I'll warm the conditioner a tid bit b4 applying & cover with a plastic bag for 15 or so mins. So far so good

I don't use heat with smoothing conditioners e.g. LUST, Motions Moisture Plus because they 'perform' better without I've noticed. I do for certain other ones though like Mizani Moisturefuse.

Overall though, I don't use heat.

Kitkat

I have done it both ways, with excellent results each time. When I can't go under the dryer I put on a plastic bag to trap the heat.

myco

I use heat for Sebastian protein treatment because that's what the directions say. When I use a moisturizing conditioner or a hot oil treatment, I usually put on a plastic cap and wrap my head in a towel. I try to do these before I go to bed so I can leave them on all night.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always use heat when I deep condition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me four. Especially after an acv rinse.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three.

[/ QUOTE ]

sithembile

Does anyone get the feeling that the heat makes the conditioner evaporate, or maybe its just penetrating, sometimes I wonder.

Miosy

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone get the feeling that the heat makes the conditioner evaporate, or maybe its just penetrating, sometimes I wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good question. In my case, with or without heat I get the same results so I guess it's debateable

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me five

Nonie

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it evaporates away since the plastic cap traps it. If it does vaporize, it condenses right back down onto your hair which is all ready to receive it. According to Cathy Howse (and I like her logic) the heat allows your hair strands to expand so that the good stuff is absorbed right into the core where it's needed most and where it can make a difference. Maybe it's all in the mind but I do think my hair feels better when I deep condition with heat.