Question about the Heat Cap

BlkOnyx488

Some times I microwave a wet towel for 3 mins
I put a plastic baggie on. I wrap the towel around my head
then i put a plastic bag around the towel to hold in the heat. it stays hot for about 20 mins. so this is what I do for a deep conditioning because I don't like to sit under a dryer.
My questions are:

How long does the heat cap from heatcap.com stay hot?

Will the heat cap stay hotter longer than 20mins?

will it fit my head if I have hard plastic 1.5 inch rollers in it?

can I wear it all night over my plastic cap for the baggie challenge?

Thanks to all who apply!!

bklynLadee

I have heard about the heat cap...infact there was a thread where a woman mentioned using a steam cap...she found it very effective when she oiled her her...lemme find that link and i'll post

sholly6

BlkOnyx488 said:
then i put a plastic bag around the towel to hold in the heat. it stays hot for about 20 mins. so this is what I do for a deep conditioning because I don't like to sit under a dryer.
My questions are:

Good questions I like to know myself better bump this one:lol:

bklynLadee

found it!:D

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=121754&highlight=steam+cap

This was not about the heat cap from heatcap.com...and the heatcap from heatcap.com is lik 50 bucks...I dont think its worth it. It might even be better to get a heat cap from like gold n' hot....?

I mean, I would prefer a steam cap because I am trying to avoid heat...but I PM Zailess to ask her what steam cap she was using...when she PMs me back I'll let you know HTH

Bosslady1

I don't know much about heat caps...I just came in here to say I use the same towel method you do because it is like doing a 1 shot deal.

I am giving my hair a steam & heat treatment! :yep:

BlkOnyx488

bklynLadee said:
found it!:D

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=121754&highlight=steam+cap

This was not about the heat cap from heatcap.com...and the heatcap from heatcap.com is lik 50 bucks...I dont think its worth it. It might even be better to get a heat cap from like gold n' hot....?

I mean, I would prefer a steam cap because I am trying to avoid heat...but I PM Zailess to ask her what steam cap she was using...when she PMs me back I'll let you know HTH
Thanks I appreciate you doing this research
that's really sweet.
later
Onyx

BlkOnyx488

Bosslady1 said:
I don't know much about heat caps...I just came in here to say I use the same towel method you do because it is like doing a 1 shot deal.

I am giving my hair a steam & heat treatment! :yep:
Kewl I thought I had made something up. It occurred to me, that this is all they do in the nail shops when I am getting a petti and they put hot towels on my legs. So I thought I would try it on my head.
later
Onyx

cutiebe2

you can also buy the ruglar heat cap from the BSS...mine has different settings and I don't count it as using heat because I am just heating it to activate the conditioner...but also try the steam cap because that sounds good!
hth

bklynLadee

BlkOnyx488 said:
Thanks I appreciate you doing this research
that's really sweet.
later
Onyx

Update: Yea, seems like the steam cap is a jamaican term for that plastic cap we all wear...she says that she wears it over night and it produces steam. And here I was doing a mean engine search for some daggone steam cap that doesnt really exist lol:lachen: so much for that hope...Seems like you might as well continue your regimine...I myself am going to try that too!

and you are absolutely welcome.

Kayluv

I too use the microwave/towel method. I use one of those twistie turbans because it is easier to wrap around my head. If I want more of a deep conditioning, I just pop it back in the microware for a few more minutes. With this method I am free to do other things versus being tied down because of the heating cap cord.

BlkOnyx488

bklynLadee said:
Update: Yea, seems like the steam cap is a jamaican term for that plastic cap we all wear...she says that she wears it over night and it produces steam. And here I was doing a mean engine search for some daggone steam cap that doesnt really exist lol:lachen: so much for that hope...Seems like you might as well continue your regimine...I myself am going to try that too!

and you are absolutely welcome.
Too Funny, "Hey live and learn and then get luvs"
I always say
googling my head off looking for a "steam cap" too

Thanks again

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Kayluv said:
I too use the microwave/towel method. I use one of those twistie turbans because it is easier to wrap around my head. If I want more of a deep conditioning, I just pop it back in the microware for a few more minutes. With this method I am free to do other things versus being tied down because of the heating cap cord.

Very good idea. I think I saw one of these at one of the local BSS's here. Did you pick yours up from there?

Thanks!

foxy kc

I've used both methods and I prefer the microwaved damp towel over the heat cap.

IMO the heat cap doesn't heat evenly.

sareca

BlkOnyx488 said:
My questions are:

Oooo, I love the idea of putting a plastic bag over the hot towel. I own a "steam" cap, but it doesn't work as well as a nuked towel, but it will say hot as long as you want it too. Whether I use the steam cap or just a towel I never stay under longer than 30 minutes.

ETA: Mine is to small for a rollerset.

Last edited:

starfish79

I use an electric heating cap only because I can control how long the heat stays on. Also if you're looking for a steamer Amazon has one. It's a bit pricey especially since it doesn't double as a dryer. :perplexed