Does anyone dye their hair Black/very dark

Cheleigh

My answers are below in the original quote.

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)?
How long does it last?
This is my first time, but it's the same color two weeks later.

If so what brand are you using/have you used?
Aveda permanent color

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye?
I haven't seen any yet. I did a DC before the color.

Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye?
I haven't seen any. My hair is almost the same.

What was the vibrancy/bling like?
My hair is natural, so it doesn't get very shiny, but there's more sparkle and shine with my new color--it's about a 1/2 shade darker than my normal 1B color hair.

I want Jet black/blue black hair but don't want to use indigo+henna. Any recommendations?

2Cute!

I used bigen blue black 3 weeks ago. The pic above is of the color the day after I dyed it. This was my first time using permanent dye in 10 yrs. Its came out rich and sexy. It definitely is black and it is very moisturizing. I have no qualms from applying it. :grin:

I've used Bigen Oriental Black and absolutely love it. I am thinking about doing it again...

SouthernTease

I used to use Color Showers... it doesn't last long for me... but I co-wash daily...
haven't used it since I've been natural though

yellagirl730

I've been strongly eyeing the Bigen...but i'm rather wary of PPD ...have any of you ladies had reactions to it?

I had a severe reaction to ppd in Bigen, I had oozing sores and a very itchy scalp. Dermatologist put me on Prednisone, he also told me that any other reactions could get progressively worse, possibly leading to anaphylactic shock. So I am on the search of a color that does not have ppd. Haven't had much luck, so if you ladies know of something, let me know.

longhairlover

I love my hair jet jet black, it's naturally black but the chemicals turn it off black at times.

I use rinses, semi perms and permanent colors that last about a month or more, the permanents may last for me about over a month kind of the same as a rinse.

The best permanent color i've used has been Clairol Textures and Tones hair color leaves no residue, the black color is very rich in tone.
My mom swears by this particular brand after using many other colors.
It's safe for chemically treated hair and I have had no breakage with this color at all, my hair was residue free and silky.

http://www.nextag.com/clairol-texture-and-tones/search-html

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? How long does it last?

I used "midnight black" from softsheen carson/dark n lovely just over 2 weeks ago. That was my first time so I can't say how longit lasts.... so far so good though

so far no bad effects on my hair. My hair feels the same

my hair feels the same, I just upped my moisturizing routine
I like the color ...gives off a nice sheen

I want Jet black/blue black hair but don't want to use indigo+henna. Any recommendations?
as said before Midnight Black from soft sheen carson

Angelicus

I used Bigen in Oriental Black for three years... then one day I had an allergic reaction to it. My scalp (especially the back) started itching uncontrollably and was scratching so hard that I started oozing and bleeding. I had to stop using it. :cry3: It was too harsh of a black anyway so I am happy I don't use it anymore.

I've also tried Clariol Beautiful Collection in the past (2004-2005) but since I co-washed daily, the color used to always fade.

I now use Henna and Indigo after reading about it for years. Yes, the black color fades after 3-4 months but it's worth it. My hair looks naturally black, not harsh or fake-black. It's worth my health and time. :yep:

gissellr78

I always use Sebastians Cellophanes.....Is like a treatment and no peroxide or harsh chemicals....I LOVE Black Cherry. Inside it looks really dark and in the street you can see ALL THE REDNESS is lovely.:rolleyes:

Evolving78

Texture & Tones jet black
it last me for a long time. i need to do it again, but i'm going to wait until sometime next year to color my hair when it get longer.

PaperClip

I like the Natural Instincts but find my hair feels really crunchy right after the application so I must DC.

I had a similar reaction with the Clairol(?) Natural Instincts and I DID NOT appreciate it.

I had used Loreal's Color Gems and I liked it very much. The color stayed for months and covered very well with a nice shine (my mom did it for me and she's a hairdresser and she had always used some kind of blue/black rinse on my hair when I came of age growing up)....

I got the blue/black color in the Color Gems but the blue didn't show up as much. I guess I left the color on too long. It was very black and gentle on my hair.

ETA: Color Gems is a demi-permanent color http://www.lorealtechnique.com/gems_03.shtml

ETA2: I'm natural. My avatar is my mom's blow-out/old-school press....

Last edited:

naturalpride

thanks for sharing this. I am going to give this a try. Can this be used on relaxer day or would it be better to use it a week after getting a relaxer?

tia,
tishee

I never used the Colora Henna Creme on relaxed hair, but since it's all natural I don't see why you would have a problem....

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love my hair jet jet black, it's naturally black but the chemicals turn it off black at times.

I use rinses, semi perms and permanent colors that last about a month or more, the permanents may last for me about over a month kind of the same as a rinse.

The best permanent color i've used has been Clairol Textures and Tones hair color leaves no residue, the black color is very rich in tone.
My mom swears by this particular brand after using many other colors.
It's safe for chemically treated hair and I have had no breakage with this color at all, my hair was residue free and silky.

http://www.nextag.com/clairol-texture-and-tones/search-html

I used that hair color and boy am I pleased! It was simple to use and my hair came out so silky and nice! This will be the color of my choice from now on. I started premature graying at 18 too. Now I can look young and not old.:rolleyes:

Missi

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)?
Permanent hair colour in Oriental Black
How long does it last?
Never fades
If so what brand are you using/have you used?
Bigen - Oriental Black

none
-can be use immediately after relaxing (better permanent staining)
-has bit of protein in it & pervented any breakage
check the siggy

Bigen......its powder to but saves u the hassel of indigo & henna

answers in quote: H TH

Black Barbie

I use Texture & tone silken black. And I have gotten great results. It last a very long time. It looks so natural. Trust me you will love it. It didn't damage my hair at all!!

Taina

I`ve been using super dark colour since 5 years (sometimes i dye myself into another color, bu i always return to black). In all these years i`ve been using a lot of different brands, the one i love i dont remember the name of it, but it comes in a little white box like bigen and is also like a powder that you have to mix with water, the tone i used is Negro Oriental.

But now, the one i`m using the most is garnier, is permanent and it has amonia in it, so be carefull if you try to use it. I use it every 5 to 6 months.

Lynnerie

I used Bigen in Oriental Black for three years... then one day I had an allergic reaction to it. My scalp (especially the back) started itching uncontrollably and was scratching so hard that I started oozing and bleeding. I had to stop using it. :cry3: It was too harsh of a black anyway so I am happy I don't use it anymore.

I've also tried Clariol Beautiful Collection in the past (2004-2005) but since I co-washed daily, the color used to always fade.

I now use Henna and Indigo after reading about it for years. Yes, the black color fades after 3-4 months but it's worth it. My hair looks naturally black, not harsh or fake-black. It's worth my health and time. :yep:

I wonder why Bigen can work for someone for years and then cause allergic reactions? Maybe the levels of PPD aren't consistent in the formula because I've read about this happening to other people also.
I normally dye my hair with henna and indigo but because I co-wash almost daily the color fades and I'm trying to cover up this red that went wrong.

In the past I have always used bigen in oriental black and the results were great. It lasts long and didn't dry my hair out.

motherpopcorn562

bigen can turn your hair green if you try to use it over a rinse. happened to me on prom. once you start with bigen you have to keep it up.

Missi

I use Bigen - Blue Black. I been using this color for a long time. I last applied this color March 26 and yesterday....in the sun...my hair looks like milk chocolate. Idk why...maybe I should give indigo a try.
Other than that...no complaints on Bigen.