Does anyone dye their hair Black/very dark

Ladyhenri

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? How long does it last?

If so what brand are you using/have you used?

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye?

Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye?

What was the vibrancy/bling like?

I want Jet black/blue black hair but don't want to use indigo+henna. Any recommendations?

SignatureBeauty

I only use Texture & Tones, it last pretty good for me, maybe 3 months, I tried the Henna & Indigo and my hair was Dark but looked very dull and plus it made my hair dry as heck and too much of a hassle. I don't have time to mix it and then wait all night LOL!! But I Love Texture & Tones. No Bad effects at all.

But since I have Texlaxed my hair I don't use permanent color, I use a Demi Permanent which last a little longer than a Semi or just a Black Rinse.

Good Luck!

Anew

I used to semi/perm. My beautician would do it and honestly, I can't remember how long it would last

BeautifulFlower

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? How long does it last? I use henna then indigo. I heard Bigen was good but I prefer natural color. It doesnt fade and gets darker and darker after each application. You can apply as much as you want whenever you want.

If so what brand are you using/have you used? I use Jamila Henna and Indigo at www.indigoforhair.com

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye? Nope!

Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye? It was very beneficially. Conditioning and Strengthened my hair.

What was the vibrancy/bling like? Lots of shine! I apply castor oil after.

I want Jet black/blue black hair but don't want to use indigo+henna. Any recommendations?
:lachen:Read this last. Bigen I heard is good.

Ladyhenri

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? How long does it last? I use henna then indigo. I heard Bigen was good but I prefer natural color. It doesnt fade and gets darker and darker after each application. You can apply as much as you want whenever you want.

If so what brand are you using/have you used? I use Jamila Henna and Indigo at www.indigoforhair.com

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye? Nope!

Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye? It was very beneficially. Conditioning and Strengthened my hair.

What was the vibrancy/bling like? Lots of shine! I apply castor oil after.

:lachen:Read this last. Bigen I heard is good.

I Looove the colour of your hair...That is pretty much the colour i want...
But i'm too lazy for henna + Indigo

(and not ready to be scolded about ruining my mums bath tub/shower curtain):look:

kim

If you are going to use permanent dye, I would use texture and tones. It seems to be really gentle on the hair, color seems to last long.

luvmesumhair

With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? How long does it last? First time using this product so I do not know how long it is going to last. Just did it last night.

If so what brand are you using/have you used? I used Clariol Textures and Tones in 1B

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye? Nope. My hair is still healthy! Thank God!
Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye? Not sure. It feels the same. I also washed with WEN after rinsing out the color and that made my hair Super Duper Soft!!!

What was the vibrancy/bling like? My hair looks very rich and black! It looks like I have a weave/wig on. My hair looks so thick and full!

I want Jet black/blue black hair but don't want to use indigo+henna. Any recommendations? In two weeks when I get my touch up I am going to add a blue/back rinse (maybe Jazzing or Miss Clariol) on top of this to keep the color looking rich.

luvmesumhair

I only use Texture & Tones, it last pretty good for me, maybe 3 months, I tried the Henna & Indigo and my hair was Dark but looked very dull and plus it made my hair dry as heck and too much of a hassle. I don't have time to mix it and then wait all night LOL!! But I Love Texture & Tones. No Bad effects at all.

But since I have Texlaxed my hair I don't use permanent color, I use a Demi Permanent which last a little longer than a Semi or just a Black Rinse.

Good Luck!
Demi??? Never heard of that. Which one do you use and what does it look like?

babyleaf

I used bigen blue black 3 weeks ago. The pic above is of the color the day after I dyed it. This was my first time using permanent dye in 10 yrs. Its came out rich and sexy. It definitely is black and it is very moisturizing. I have no qualms from applying it. :grin:

MonPetite

I've reviewed Bigen in my color album as well as other options for achieving jet black color.

BIGEN USERS: BIGEN HAS THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF PPD OF ANY DYE ON THE MARKET AT EXTREMELY HIGH LEVELS.

Please try other alternatives if you are concerned about carcinogens or have a proclivity for cancer running in your family!!

talata

I used bigen blue black 3 weeks ago. The pic above is of the color the day after I dyed it. This was my first time using permanent dye in 10 yrs. Its came out rich and sexy. It definitely is black and it is very moisturizing. I have no qualms from applying it. :grin:

I use Bigen. No ammonia, no peroxide and has always made my hair feel really soft.

Co-signing. I'm a bigen girl too. Been using it for almost 4 years now and it works great everytime.

I know some ladies complain about dryness with bigen but I DC with every wash which is about 2 times a week for I currently have no issues in that department.

Ladyhenri

I've been strongly eyeing the Bigen...but i'm rather wary of PPD ...have any of you ladies had reactions to it?

Ramya

I use creme of nature in intense black. :yep: It lasts forever lol. I usually touch up the roots every 4-6 months and do a rinse or 2 inbetween. I have porous hair and it helps to seal the cuticle which gives my hair that fabulous *bling* I tried Bigen and hated it. I'll stick with what I know :grin:
click for photo and description

malachi74

I've been using Natural Instincts semi-perm in Natural Black for the past year. Thanks for the thread b/c I'm also considering a more permanent product.

I like the Natural Instincts but find my hair feels really crunchy right after the application so I must DC. I DC about 2-3x a week and I think that helps anyone who applies color. Also, there are always Natural Instincts coupons in the sunday paper and buy one get one specials at the drug store for this brand.

...I'm going to go put some color in right now!

LABETT

I use Loreal Perference in Rich Black a permanent hair dye and it turns out great every time.Sometimes I will add Salerm Silk Vial to my hair color to help protect the hair from any damage.I like it because it's fade-resistent and the color last a long time and I wash regularly.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
With permanent colour(if other, pls specify)? Bigen Oriental Black How long does it last? It lasts until I cut it off. I retouch the new growth.

If so what brand are you using/have you used? Bigen

Where there any bad effects on your hair's health from the dye? Nope....none at all.

Where there good effects on your hair's health from the dye? Soft and shiny.

What was the vibrancy/bling like? Awesome.

KweenBeeDiva

When I was relaxed, I used Expressions by Revlon in Jet Black. I also used Jazzed, but :( Revlon was my favorite.

Do they still make this stuff? It comes in a coppery brown bottle.

KweenBeeDiva

When I was relaxed, I used Expressions by Revlon in Jet Black. I also used Jazzed, but :( Revlon was my favorite.

Do they still make this stuff? It comes in a coppery brown bottle.

Transformer

I use Loreal Perference in Rich Black a permanent hair dye and it turns out great every time.Sometimes I will add Salerm Silk Vial to my hair color to help protect the hair from any damage.I like it because it's fade-resistent and the color last a long time and I wash regularly.

Me too! I'm the "Queen" of hair coloring. I've been gray since I was 18 years old. That's right EIGHTEEN! I'm now 50! I have used semi, demi, rinses, and just about everything. For me, semi, and demi just means that I have to apply more often which has resulted in greater damage, yellowing, and dullness.

I love Loreal Preference "Creme Formula" because it includes a creme that you apply to the existing colored hair to ensure that the new dye will not process in that area. There's also a conditioner included to guard against color dulling.

I'm natural and I use the "natural black" because the blackest black would be too severe for a woman of my maturity....plus it would be just so obvious.

Ladyhenri

Thanks for the responses.
Ok, now i wish i had some sort of poll:look:

When you guys dye with permanent colour does it bleed? Do you DC with heat and it still stays put? And its interesting that you touch up your bigen rather than slap on the whole head again. I guess that must make it really permanent.....hmm

Ladyhenri

My hair is already very dark(see siggie) but i want the blackest black ever...

I'm just so scared of damage. My over processed (pre LHCF )ends cant take any funny bizness so the colour has to be good, and not too drying....

Please keep the responses coming

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I use to dye my hair black. Clairol Nice and Easy. Natural Black...or was it Blue Black... I can't remember but I loved it. and the color seal treatment is an added bonus...well for my hair. And it didn't fade... I ended up having to gradually cut it off. I got tired of having black hair.

SoAnxious12

thanks a bunch for the thread henrietta! I am having the same exact issue with wanting the blackest black possible! I used to have that, and then like magic it just left me lol.
I tried color showers... i might need to revisit that one because i don't have a dryer, and the instructions ask that you sit under one. I also tried bigen in oriental black and it was amazing! My hair wasn't too dark and the color was quite sex, the only reason I stopped was because i'm scared of having a reaction to the ppd.