Does Anemia Affect Hair Health??

colemtd

I was wondering if anemia can have an effect on your hair shedding??

My friend is anemic, not because of her diet, but because of heavy periods. She is getting that straight with her ob/gyn, but I was just trying to see if I could pass any info to her regarding how it is affecting her hair..

Thanks!!

Nice & Wavy

colemtd said:

My friend is anemic, not because of her diet, but because of heavy periods. She is getting that straight with her ob/gyn, but I was just trying to see if I could pass any info to her regarding how it is affecting her hair..

Thanks!!

Definately! Happened to me and because of iron therapy and of course, with the help of Lenzi's Request, my hair is much thicker now and not shedding at all.

But, what helped me the most with those heavy periods, I'm going to pm you about it, ok?

Blessings.

navsegda

colemtd said:

Thanks!!

Yes, anemia can cause hair shedding (although it may not in everyone). There was a thread on this not too long ago, I'll see if I can find it and bump it or maybe someone else will.

InnerSoul

It did for one my friends.. she was losing her hair but then her doctor put her on iron pills and her hair is now thriving!

colemtd

navsegda said:
Yes, anemia can cause hair shedding (although it may not in everyone). There was a thread on this not too long ago, I'll see if I can find it and bump it or maybe someone else will.
I would really appreciate a link to that anemia thread, thanks!!

Ms Lala

I didn't realize this. My iron is low and I haven't been taking my pills lately and sure enough I have been noticing more shedding than normal. I need to get back on track. I am so glad this thread was started.

Divine Inspiration

YES!! I used to have the WORST shedding because I'm anemic. I had to take iron supplements to correct it. Since then, I've found ways to get enough iron in my diet so I don't need prescription drugs to correct the problem. I started a thread about this a while ago. I'll bump it so you can read some of the responses.

colemtd

Divine Inspiration said:
YES!! I used to have the WORST shedding because I'm anemic. I had to take iron supplements to correct it. Since then, I've found ways to get enough iron in my diet so I don't need prescription drugs to correct the problem. I started a thread about this a while ago. I'll bump it so you can read some of the responses.
Yes please forward your thread link to me as well!

Thanks!!

TwistNMx

colemtd said:

Thanks!!
yes. I'll send you a PM ;)